Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-23-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_H View Post
If you were to take a drink every time Wildrose repeated I will not raise taxes, you would be three sheets to the wind, completely and utterly blitzed...
I was really hoping he had something new to say tonight. I'm ready for a change but now...not so sure. I'm not sure there is any new ideas out there. Liberal and NDP are out for sure.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:32 PM

i still dont get how the NDP will create 27,000 jobs in times like these. how will taxing corporations 2% more make them willing to hire people?
Old 04-23-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
i still dont get how the NDP will create 27,000 jobs in times like these. how will taxing corporations 2% more make them willing to hire people?
Tax Incentives in the private sector and more entry level front line workers in education and healthcare.

Last edited by raab; 04-23-2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:34 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
it won't, but gets a lot of people drinking the Kool-Aid. Problem being all the dippers think corporate taxes are all the "big, rich" oil companies, when 80% or more will be the small Mom and Pop out fits....
Old 04-23-2015, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocked View Post
We're screwed. That's all. Oh and Brian Jean please answer a question. As its asked. You're not doing yourself any favours. We get you don't like taxes.
Jean has been bad. Not saying that because I'm biased. He is dancing badly. I read the Wildrose plan, seemed ok. Don't know why he is not answering questions. He's reading scripted answers. Jean's just pandering to his 35 percent base and won' t gain anyone. He's not appealing to anyone beyond that. Albeit he is good when talking about PC waste.

Slick Jimmy has been as convincing as a used Lada dealer. He makes me quiver. Unfortunately he has been the attack to much and not on the defence enough. He is better at lying the rest of them, almost compulsive and natural. Its scary.

Notley has been meh. Good and Bad.

Swann has been the best, pretty much because no one cares he is there.

The opposition really need to point out what Albertan are saying. Point out Prentice does not listen, or care. People are outraged.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Diversification I believe. Not having all eggs in one baskets I think. More government maybe.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Tax Incentives in the public sector and more entry level front line workers in education and healthcare.
so more government spending.... which means more taxes...
Old 04-23-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
so more government spending.... which means more taxes...
They already have the plan so I'd expect they've taken new jobs their planning on creating into account. For people wanting more F&W officers hired the party most likely to do that will be NDP.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:42 PM

I think a guy who wrote Prentice a big check in 2014 shouldn't be complaining about things he said or did in 2008. He really is not impressive tonight.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:46 PM

Debate was pointless, should of watched hockey.

Jean got better once he left the script and started debating.

Whether or not you like Notley, she is starting to kill it on NDP issues like reducing poverty.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotensis View Post
Ha.
No.
It won't.
I would think it goes a long ways in helping undicided people form an opinion regarding the various parties, their leaders, and by association who they will vote for.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:55 PM

If I took a drink everytime Mr Jean said taxes I would be on my death bed. Damn
Old 04-23-2015, 07:58 PM

Prentice showing what a big douche he is at the end walking off without shaking Notleys hand.

Edit: Apparently Prentice shook Notley's hand early.

Last edited by raab; 04-23-2015 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:59 PM

Was really hoping for more depth from Brian Jean..

Question: How can we improve health care?
Answer : The Wildrose party won't raise taxes.....

This debate made my decision even harder.

They should do a comedy central style roast instead of this. I'd have a way easier time deciding who I like.

I may have to resort to counting signs on my commute and go with that. Prove's hard work at least.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:03 PM

Despite Rachel Notley clearly owning the debate, you couldn't pay me enough to vote NDP….I think there is going to be a lot of spoiled ballots for election 2015…..
Old 04-23-2015, 08:03 PM
Banned

Anyone catch that Brian Jean said, make no mistake, climate change is real and man made.

Methinks Wildrose members are going to go ape scat on that, right troops?
Old 04-23-2015, 08:06 PM

How depressing, if these four candidates are the best Alberta can come up with to run the province then we are in deeper trouble than we thought.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Prentice showing what a big douche he is at the end walking off without shaking Notleys hand.
You weren't watching close enough, he shook hers first . Was pretty cold to Jean though.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deo101 View Post
Was really hoping for more depth from Brian Jean..

Question: How can we improve health care?
Answer : The Wildrose party won't raise taxes.....

This debate made my decision even harder.

They should do a comedy central style roast instead of this. I'd have a way easier time deciding who I like.

I may have to resort to counting signs on my commute and go with that. Prove's hard work at least.
Best thing Jean said, read the platform. The debate was too many questions, and no time to rebut allegation,, how could anyone respond to an attack.

When Prentice accosted Jean on not raising tax and his plan, his answer could of been better. But in reality how can you answer a question effectively in 30 seconds.

Jim was like a boxer, kept sticking out the jab, and Jean let him hit in the chin. Jean came around near the end.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Anyone catch that Brian Jean said, make no mistake, climate change is real and man made.

Methinks Wildrose members are going to go ape scat on that, right troops?
Just tells me he will say anything he figures will get the most votes, like every other lying politician. Really, if that's the best the Wildrose could come up with for a leader they are doomed, he came across like a dottering fool.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:19 PM

WR lost my vote after that also
Old 04-23-2015, 08:26 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefk View Post
Despite Rachel Notley clearly owning the debate, you couldn't pay me enough to vote NDP….I think there is going to be a lot of spoiled ballots for election 2015…..
"Owning the debate"?? She just would NOT stop talking, even after the mods tried to get her to stop! And she interrupted, constantly! And she smirked the entire time! I had no idea she was that annoying!

Felt kinda sorry for old Jean and sorrier for his supporters! He just would not answer the Big Question posed to him three times...how are you gonna get all that money??

My vote has not changed!

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 04-23-2015, 08:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
it won't, but gets a lot of people drinking the Kool-Aid. Problem being all the dippers think corporate taxes are all the "big, rich" oil companies, when 80% or more will be the small Mom and Pop out fits....

All Kool-aid can be flavoured.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
The debate was too many questions, and no time to rebut allegation,, how could anyone respond to an attack.

When Prentice accosted Jean on not raising tax and his plan, his answer could of been better. But in reality how can you answer a question effectively in 30 seconds.

Jim was like a boxer, kept sticking out the jab, and Jean let him hit in the chin. Jean came around near the end.
Agreed. In the last half Jean started naming figures and sources of cuts. Should have done that earlier.

Notley came across as personable but seemed to be given more leeway on her time ending. She'll likely pick up votes from the young/first time voters.

Swan is same as last election, he's all about health care. Prentice in the first half seemed to me to come across as very arrogant. (no surprise there) Last half he was running out of things to say as everything he said was thrown back at him from three different directions.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly View Post
"Owning the debate"?? She just would NOT stop talking, even after the mods tried to get her to stop! And she interrupted, constantly! And she smirked the entire time! I had no idea she was that annoying!

Felt kinda sorry for old Jean and sorrier for his supporters! He just would not answer the Big Question posed to him three times...how are you gonna get all that money??

My vote has not changed!
i found her obnoxious. wouldnt shut up and let everyone else have their say.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
Notley also mentioned doing something like Obama, I forget what it was, she only mentioned it once and I don't remember the exact phrasing.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
WR lost my vote after that also

Don't let one debate change your mind. It is pretty obvious that Jean is holding his cards close to his chest. He may have a huge surprise by this time next week.

Well..... I'd like to think he's not as ignorant as he sounded.

Last edited by huntwat; 04-23-2015 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
i found her obnoxious. wouldnt shut up and let everyone else have their say.
Said the guy who had no intention of considering what she had to say...

The above is standard fare in a debate. Its a standard strategy to get in as much as possible. That is why they always have moderators.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:34 PM
Banned

Nothing happened to change my mind.

After today watch the P.C's to start buying your vote.

This so bland.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
Said the guy who had no intention of considering what she had to say...

The above is standard fare in a debate. Its a standard strategy to get in as much as possible. That is why they always have moderators.
of course i had no intention of listening to what she says. all i saw was her hand in my pocket.

but seriously, i only caught the last hour and she talked for probably 2/3rds of it. at least a half