Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Banned

Default I predict their going to try and continue lying their way through this ...

Heck we've already got a couple of ministers SAYING they selected her EXhusbands law firm ( take note of who they are - now justice minister Denis first, others will follow)

TBD

... their NO better than REDturd in my opinion !
Old 11-30-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
OK Blackheart... you know the routine!

You make me snort liquid on my screen, you owe me for a new one.
Etch-a-scetch on its way.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
LOL No kidding. Harper's gang clearly worked for WR last time around.
You said you had seen no proof of wrongdoing by Redford a while back here. I posted proof. You ignored that and jump straight to the same old "It's Bush's fault" line we've been hearing from south of the border.

You voted for this gang. You broke it, you own it.

Man up.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:22 PM
Banned

Hey Oko:

Whats up with the school teachers demanding higher wages today?

I guess the teachers were waiting like coyotes and magpies for the Red lady to be knocked off her perch to go in for a kill.

I told you the teachers would be coming back....even after Billions upon Billions of dollars that have been spent to satisfy them.

Wildrose has a solution for teachers. They better not get the red lady too mad or she may use her enemy's policies.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by greylynx View Post
Hey Oko:

I guess the teachers were waiting like coyotes and magpies for the Red lady to be knocked off her perch to go in for a kill.

I told you the teachers would be coming back....even after Billions upon Billions of dollars that have been spent to satisfy them.

Wildrose has a solution for teachers. They better not get the red lady too mad or she may use her enemy's policies.
please tell me you didn't expect this from the ATA after she bribed them???...nice timing on their behalf though, "sign this quick before you get punted.."
Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 PM

Just when I think WR is looking better, I see some of the things that turned my vote from them in the last election. The WR "solution for teachers" ...what is it? Who else are they after? Party insiders criticizing the opposition because of how they smile? Seems to me like WR is about to blow it again. It's folks like me that turned the tide the last time...maybe not so smart to alienate prospects?
Old 11-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Just when I think WR is looking better, I see some of the things that turned my vote from them in the last election. The WR "solution for teachers" ...what is it? Who else are they after? Party insiders criticizing the opposition because of how they smile? Seems to me like WR is about to blow it again. It's folks like me that turned the tide the last time...maybe not so smart to alienate prospects?
Meh. Put em in again. Makes as much sense as sleeping with the pigs to spite the wife's boyfriend.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thredneck View Post
I don't think that lady knows what the truth is, she is so power hungry there is no way she will step down.
Agreed.

Even though she should resign, there is no way that she will.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Have you ever thought of a school teacher having to negotiate their wage based upon their skills and success and what tasks they are willing to perform?

You know as well as I do that they are using this hiring system in some areas of the U.S., and the education budget for the county drops dramatically.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Gone Hunting

carefurl Grey!!!...you are getting close to accountability there, and that is longer used in the education system, can't give a kid zero???, can't give a teacher one either??!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:11 PM

You put lipstick on a pig, and you end up with Ally. The trough is life.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Hey Oko:

News I heard today was they were asking for 0%, 0%, 1%, 3% over a 4 year contract. Doesn't sound much like demanding higher wages to me. What info are you going on?
Old 11-30-2012, 07:28 PM

she did nothing wrong. shes the best premier since lougheed
Old 11-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
News I heard today was they were asking for 0%, 0%, 1%, 3% over a 4 year contract. Doesn't sound much like demanding higher wages to me. What info are you going on?
What will be the total cost to the taxpayer? Sounds very material to me.

Corus media brought the issue out today.

I posted that this was going to happen several months ago.

Last edited by greylynx; 11-30-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me
Old 11-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lougheed sold us out to Trudeau.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod1960 View Post

100% rod1960
Old 11-30-2012, 07:59 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
uhhhh...you will do well at Schlumberger, you did say the trip was free,...right????
Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Better give me the link showing the lies and the contrary evidence. I haven't seen it.
http://http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/...ture-1.1060134
She is a politician and her lips are moving. No doubt what she's saying is a lie.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Meh. Put em in again. Makes as much sense as sleeping with the pigs to spite the wife's boyfriend.
I'll defer to you on this one Ruga, sounds like you have experience in this regard To be clear, I do not support all the PC's do ... the optics on this file is bad for Ms. Redford...but, she will survive. Too many "mis-steps" and it will come home to roost.
My point is that WR needs to move away from attack politics and focus on good policy. It seems like right now, they are following the Harper playbook of focusing on attacking people rather than promoting their own policy. I think WR has a chance to come out of this looking good, but will not move in that direction unless they change their "style". WR cannot hope to gain widesread support if they continue to act like junior high school kids...shouting insults accross the street.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I'll defer to you on this one Ruga, sounds like you have experience in this regard To be clear, I do not support all the PC's do ... the optics on this file is bad for Ms. Redford...but, she will survive. Too many "mis-steps" and it will come home to roost.
My point is that WR needs to move away from attack politics and focus on good policy. It seems like right now, they are following the Harper playbook of focusing on attacking people rather than promoting their own policy. I think WR has a chance to come out of this looking good, but will not move in that direction unless they change their "style". WR cannot hope to gain widesread support if they continue to act like junior high school kids...shouting insults accross the street.
personally, I think the PC's have some good, young talent in there, a good toilet flush is all that is needed,, start with a clear slate....
Old 11-30-2012, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Have you ever thought of a school teacher having to negotiate their wage based upon their skills and success and what tasks they are willing to perform?

You know as well as I do that they are using this hiring system in some areas of the U.S., and the education budget for the county drops dramatically.
A good friend of mine is a teacher in Florida. She makes less than half of what a teacher makes here, has way less benefits, and a much, much smaller pension. Other than real estate, the cost of living is higher there than here.

There has to be a happy medium. Florida pays to little, and Alberta too much.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
A good friend of mine is a teacher in Florida. She makes less than half of what a teacher makes here, has way less benefits, and a much, much smaller pension. Other than real estate, the cost of living is higher there than here.

There has to be a happy medium. Florida pays to little, and Alberta too much.
I will go with Florida.

Why should a person who only works 200 days a year for 5 hours a day at an average salary of $75,000/year producing children that are dumber than a sack of hammers have to hold the taxpayers of Alberta hostage?

Oh yes, there was the U.N. report of how smart children in Alberta are.

Go talk to any university professor and see what response you get.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I will go with Florida.

Why should a person who only works 200 days a year for 5 hours a day at an average salary of $75,000/year producing children that are dumber than a sack of hammers have to hold the taxpayers of Alberta hostage?

Grey --- If you worked those hours and only that many days...it explains why you are no longer teaching.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I will go with Florida.

200 days a year???...hahahahahaha, funny how the "PD" days always come on the Friday before a long weekend???...and how about "teachers conventions??LOL, and reading week????...and then maybe 5 hrs. a day teaching, which is there big concern now, guess they have to get to their accountant to figure out where they should hide their $500.00 tax credit, because The Queen, said they are the only hard working people in Alberta.....? HUH???
Old 11-30-2012, 08:47 PM

trololololol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCNrK-n68CM
Old 11-30-2012, 08:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
200 days a year???...hahahahahaha, funny how the "PD" days always come on the Friday before a long weekend???...and how about "teachers conventions??LOL, and reading week????...and then maybe 5 hrs. a day teaching, which is there big concern now, guess they have to get to their accountant to figure out where they should hide their $500.00 tax credit, because The Queen, said they are the only hard working people in Alberta.....? HUH???
I forgot about the 500 dollar tax credit.

Thank you Hal.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Banned

Default what they didn't say is they also wanta cut their working hrs AGAIN !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post

Bigtime !

Teachers need to be recognized for all the time that goes into extracurricular volunteering ....

Here we go - try 150 days at 5hrs per day ... with a slight WAGE increase to boot !

.... and you wonder what happened to the education system - same thing with healthcare - pretty soon we won't be able to afford either !!

TBD

.... thanks to all the weak kneed politicians out there !

Last edited by TBD; 11-30-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
I will go with Florida.

A teacher in Alberta with 4 years university and 10 years experience makes $92,300. You can add about 23% on top of that for cost of benefits.

And your right, Alberta has done pretty well on standardized tests compared to the rest of the world. We actually do some things better than others.

Teachers DO get a lot of time off. They also work far beyond classroom time; after all, tests and homework does not mark itself, nor does planning for class time happen by itself. Give credit where credit is due.

Our teachers are being far more then I think their worth. Florida's are being paid far less than they are worth. If ours were paid in what you thought was the average, I would be OK with that.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Banned

This thread need's some 38 special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL46rSUXW1k
Closed Thread