Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry, your so wrong... kinda like I was about 20 yrs ago.
Are any of these wrong (which I originally posted and you chose not to answer):

• 400 years [in Egypt]? Genisis 15:13 says that, but flip the pages to Exodus 12:40 or Galatians 3:17 and we get 430 years.

• Deuteronomy 1:7 has an interesting faux pas in it; it tells about Moses telling his clan that they are to go "unto Lebanon, unto the great river, the river Euphrates". Just a little correction in geography, the river Euphrates never has been in Lebanon or anywhere near ancient or modern Lebanon.

• As example, Luke says Jesus's birth occurred while Quirinius was governor of Syria. That means that it could not have happened before 6 CE, the year we know he came into office. Now Matthew tells us Jesus was conceived while Herod the Great was in power. He died in 4 BCE.
Quote:
There are full documentories that clearly prove the journey from Egypt did happen, with film that show chariot wheels at th bottom of the sea, where they cross and markers that are still in place. Suggest we all study harder, do a little more research.
As you seem to be familiar with these (I assume they are peer reviewed), could you point me in the right direction?

Quote:
And Science confirms all these things. Suggest you read "In The Beginning - compelling evidence for creation and the flood...and so muchmore. Book was written by Dr. Walter Brown,...... He use to be invited to numerous Universities to debate these issues, similar to the things you bring up; and it proves to be very embarrassing to the professors of the Universities as they can not stand up against him.
There are not many geologists who would agree with Dr. Brown. He is an engineer, a retired one.

Debates? A quick search shows that Dr. Brown really does not like debates. To quote:
"Brown also has repeatedly claimed that no "evolutionist" will engage in a written debate with him,[17] but has been accused of discouraging or avoiding such debates.[13][18][19] An abortive attempt at such a debate was held in 1989 and 1990 in the pages of Creation/Evolution, the National Center for Science Education journal, before Brown refused to continue.[10] Joe Meert of Gondwana Research, a journal promoting research related to the origin and evolution of continents, had a supposed signed contract for such a debate with Walter Brown in 2000. It has been said Brown disputed the terms of the signed contract and it did not take place.[20] Brown has mentioned on his website that the actual reason for the debate not taking place was that the debater wanted to add religion and since Dr. Brown is not a theologian, he wanted the debate to be strictly science.[21] According to Georgia State University biology professor Fred K. Parrish, who was "tricked" into an April 1985 public debate with Brown, Brown debates around the U.S. and has a set of preconditions (such as Brown speaks first, the debate moderator sits on his side, etc.)"
You can see Parrish's account here, including the contract Brown insisted on. A touch revealing I would say.

Quote:
I'm curious avb3, are you a Freemason, Shriner or connected to these organizations?
I'm not even sure other then Cat that I know of any, and I know Cat only through here. The answer is no, but is what relevancy does that have?
Old 02-08-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunmum View Post
Gentlemen, this religious debate is actually a worldview debate and it is fascinating to read you all defend your worldviews. HOWEVER, this was a thread on Freemasons, who, are not supposed to be discussing religion. So, I propose that you hop on over to a thread that I will title "worldviews" (I have a special challenge for you there) and let Freemasons continue on this thread
Actually, that is not completely correct - we are forbidden to debate or converse about religion in lodge only , outside the lodge we are free to speak about it.
if we were forbidden to speak, debate, write ,or electronicly post about religion outside of the lodge as well, reat assured that I would not have entered into it.
Cat
Old 02-08-2012, 04:07 PM

Sheesh, I'm a slow typer! Actually, I put to much time into my answers and responses, trying to keep them concise .

I guess I'll have to mosey on over to the 'worldviews' thread and see what transpires there.

Although, in my previous post I did try to bring it back to the Free Masonry topic
Old 02-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Banned

As requested, I will respond in the Worldview thread... good suggestion.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toirtis View Post
The physical layout of D.C. is entirely built on Masonic design.
yeah off of satanic symbols and meanings ,thats bad for your health
Old 02-11-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf308 View Post
yeah off of satanic symbols and meanings ,thats bad for your health
Uh, no not satanic, Masonic - completely different.
Cat
Old 02-11-2012, 10:14 AM

Wow! This thread has sure evolved!!! Understanding how it did so to this point is like trying to understand the nebulous world of feminity or why the inoculation of NDPs failed. LOL. Okay, okay...kidding! But kidding aside, are there any thealogans here? Not sure how Lebanon, Israelites and Syria got dragged up into this. What about The NOW, the PRESENT. Sure we have to understand the past, but the NOW is all the more important.

I find it compelling how every society which has ever been needs to understand through spirituality wh they ARE and not WHO they are aside from labeling themselves. Masonry helps in this way. Wouldn't you all agree, fellow brothers?

Last edited by dumoulin; 02-11-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Uh, no not satanic, Masonic - completely different.
Cat
OH BOY:

Gee Cat: some of these posts you are getting are quite ......... um ..... um...I don't know what to say

I hope no one emailed you saying the reason you wear a hat is to hide the horns. he he he

I am glad FAUSTi shotguns don't have a model 999 or a 666. He He He.

Have a good weekend.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
So, we as Free masons do not think we are better, do not think we are special, and certainly do not think we have a free pass in life, only trying to help those in need out.

Cat
Sorry Cat, no disprespect indended but it reminded me of a certain protocol observed by another secret society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVonyVSQoM
Old 02-11-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
Sorry Cat, no disprespect indended but it reminded me of a certain protocol observed by another secret society

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVonyVSQoM
Except we are real and the A team was not, and we are not secret society, it's just that some accuse the free masons of being a secret society because those people, are not privy to Masonic information - but I wouldn't mind running around in a chopper with a Chicago typewriter!!

Cat
Old 02-11-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Except we are real and the A team was not, and we are not secret society, it's just that some accuse the free masons of being a secret society because those people, are not privy to Masonic information - but I wouldn't mind running around in a chopper with a Chicago typewriter!!

Cat
Ha! Ha! Well said! I was actually approached about a dozen years ago when we lived in Drayton Valley to "join". I understand this is not the usual protocol and know why. I was a little wierded out by the large checkerboard on the floor, the big book of geometry (or something like that) and all the symbols. It totally makes sense to me to have people seek out this organization instead of the other way around.

I was actually considering joining until my wife talked with the wife of the person who approached me. The conversation went something like this.

My wife: "So, can women participate in the Masons too?"

His wife: "Absolutely! They get to make sandwiches and refreshments for the men for their meetings..."

My wife (to me later on): "Your not joining the Masons....."