Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 09:04 PM

OH....MY......GOD....... perhaps people should have gotten together to designate their protest votes so that something like this wouldn't happen.... I was thinking PC's would have a good spanking, maybe a lot of seats going to all of the other parties, but never in my wildest nightmares would I have expected an NDP sweep...

Old 05-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Banned

First CWD now NDP.

I am concerned because I operate my Corporation here. Very scary as far as I am concerned!
Old 05-05-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
You ever hear of the NDP? They ain't a new party.
Yes I have. I have lived in an NDP province. Notley doesn't sound like any of the other NDP leaders. She has express support for industry and hasn't suggested she plans anything rash. But go on ranting chicken little.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Elkster View Post
Lots of reactionary idiots here. She hasn't suggested anything extreme let alone made one move. This stupid reactionary sentiment certainly won't help AB move forward with constructive change. Do you want to tank the province? Get ahold of yourselves ya schmucks.

With your bolded statement you have just described the majority of today's Alberta voters. Knee jerk idiots.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknorthernjk View Post
I've worked all my life , given more than I can expect to receive. PC's and their corporate goons shot themselves in their aristocratic nuts. I voted NDP despite being a conservative individual because these goons would happily slave my labor away til the day I die without a an ounce of conideration or concern. I take care of mine and my own but those goons needed a wake up call. I voted NDP and I'm proud of their accomplishement tonight. Give consideration for the fact they're taking over a mess of a system it's gonna take time to clean this storm up!
They haven't accomplished anything yet. Still a lot of votes left to be counted.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes I have. I have lived in an NDP province. Notley doesn't sound like any of the other NDP leaders. She has express support for industry and hasn't suggested she plans anything rash. But go on ranting chicken little.
Lorne Calvert said he was gonna save Saskatchewan with potatoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70fastback View Post
Who's getting ready to move

I hear Wyoming is lovely this time of year. Then again being able to own full auto weapons will make any place lovely every time of the year.

Quote:
She may not have sounded like the other NDP leaders, but just wait and see what she does when she takes over. The only question is whether four years is long enough for her to make Alberta a have not province.

Yep we'ex screwed they've already said they dont support anything that is good for Alberta.especially oil and pipelines.on the bright side I guess it should be easier to get welfare in a welfare communistic society
Old 05-05-2015, 09:09 PM

Shocked. Will we have Rae Days?
Old 05-05-2015, 09:10 PM
Banned

I didn’t endorse what seems to be the direction that will be in place.

What I want to know is the number of people who participated?

As another member has posted, who I will never be on the same page, it is your participation that will influence.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakogreywolf View Post
With your bolded statement you have just described the majority of today's Alberta voters. Knee jerk idiots.
Nope the idiots are those that at paralyzed by fear because of what MIGHT happen. History can be indicative of the future but that is hardly a rule. People want REAL change not the same conservative rule under a different name. How about we wait and see before we jump ship. The best we can do is make the most of a clear change that may open the door for some positive change in the outdoor community. Speculation, fearmongering and selling the farm and bailing out before a move has been made won't help us one iota. In fact it will be the problem.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledder1 View Post
Let me be the first I say I did
You may as well start smokin again
Old 05-05-2015, 09:12 PM

Was talking to some family and do not worry, Saskatchewan is setting up refugee camps by Luseland!
Old 05-05-2015, 09:13 PM

Default ndp

As I recall Joe Clark didn't last long soooooo here's hoping
Old 05-05-2015, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70fastback View Post
Who's getting ready to move
Get a bus and take all the other political losers with you, in case you didn't notice there is no room any more ,for political losers in our province.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:14 PM
AO Sponsor

Well the sun will still rise in the morning and set at the end of the day. I am just going to keep doing what I always do, and that is keep my head down and work hard and adjust where I have to and in the end I will be just fine in life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
She may not have sounded like the other NDP leaders, but just wait and see what she does when she takes over. The only question is whether four years is long enough for her to make Alberta a have not province.
Yes why don't you wait and see and give her a fair shake before freaking out. You don't know what she is going to do any more than I do. If its bad we can lynch later. In the meantime lets work to make the most of this scenario.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohninAB View Post
Was talking to some family and do not worry, Saskatchewan is setting up refugee camps by Luseland!
Do the tents have cots or air mattresses, I hate cots!
Old 05-05-2015, 09:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP04 View Post
I've already contacted a realtor Saskatchewan here I come
I might just move too.

Ever seen a grown man cry ??????
Come to my house

jokn but not really
Old 05-05-2015, 09:15 PM

keystone is definitely not getting done now. if our own premier doesnt support it, why would the americans?
Old 05-05-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Well the sun will still rise in the morning and set at the end of the day. I am just going to keep doing what I always do, and that is keep my head down and work hard and adjust where I have to and in the end I will be just fine in life...
Yep,same here.

Government works for us, we don't work for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
X2 that's the right attitude. I think the Wild rise will make a good opposition and I think the PC's got the slap they deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by connexion123 View Post
oh bull****
What's bull?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Get a bus and take all the other political losers with you, in case you didn't notice there is no room any more ,for political losers in our province.
The ironic part is all these chicken little's are ready to leave before one move has been made and in doing so create a RE and economic decline. Then blame the NDP who haven't done one thing. Yup them are SMRT
Old 05-05-2015, 09:17 PM

Goodbye international business investment, hello higher taxes to fund widespread social welfare and wealth redistribution programs (taxes taken from everyone, given to the less fortunate after having been skimmed by a labyrinth of new unionized gov't agencies).

The 1%ers did need a swift kick and while I'm far from being one this scares the hell out of me.

I do however think they might bring in some programs where we could get a better return for the people of the province from the sale of our natural resources. Norway's program is enviable. Perhaps there will be some benefit, but I'm doubting it will offset the rest of the train wreck.

Quote:
Yes why don't you wait and see and give her a fair shake before freaking out. You don't know what she is going to do any more than I do. If its bad we can lynch later. In the meantime lets work to make the most of this scenario.
I have lived under an NDP government before, it's one reason that I came to Alberta. It took Saskatchewan a long time to recover from the NDP regime.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post

I have already lost.
I value your posts; you have used the system, and have recovered.

If this government that has been elected can see the value of real individuals it will make improvements.

No I did not vote for this representation, I will respect and adjust.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:18 PM

We got room east of you guys man I feel your pain.... Never thought I'd see the NDP lead Alberta.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Banned

texas needs more oil companies
Closed Thread