Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-14-2007, 11:20 AM
let r rip

Default Wall tent repair

Does anyone know where you can get a wall tent repaired in the Red Deer area? Chimney patch had a little smoldering incident last October.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:14 PM
packhuntr

Had to do a major to one of mine afew yrs back, same thing. I ended up taking it to a shoe and saddle repair guy in town. He did a pretty good job. Mabey someone like that up in your turf might be worth a look??? For smaller repairs, I set up a colapsible table in the yard, and run the wifes sewing machine with an extension cord. Set up the tent, and just drop which ever section needing a fix, down onto the table. You should be able to find extra canvas pretty easy. What I have been doing for quite afew yrs, is just keeping my old brown canvas jackets. Even if the coat is ruined, it seems there is a big piece of canvas that makes up the back, that is usually good matierial. I have fixed all manner of equipment with old coats. Even have added afew inches of canvas to a couple pairs of my pheasant hunting pants. Sure helps protect boots and laces. But mainly cause most hunting pants you buy, fit good till after afew washes, and then they are too short. Tough to find good fitting hunting cloths.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:49 PM
walleyes

There is also a glue that you can get,,, I believe I purchased mine from a shoe repair shop it was in tubes it could even of been speed sow,, its been a while... It actually does a good job and it last as long as the canvas. A few years back we had to put in a whole new peak in an old 14x16 we had. The whole top length of the peak was in rough shape so we ran a one piece strip about 2 feet wide and the whole length and glued it in and a few patches as well.. We used that tent for a few years and that glue never let go.. We haven't used the old one much in the last 4-5 years but we do set it up once in a while for a shop for the machines and everything is still in place...
Old 04-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Delburnedave

let r rip:
Give my dad a call, I'm pretty sure he got his tent repaired in Red Deer a while back. He'll be able to tell you where.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Roebag

Kovacs Tent & Awning down town RD by the Buffalo Hotel.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Duffy4

I took one to Northwest Tent and Awning in Edmonton. It cost a bit more than I liked but they did a great job.

A grizzly had put a new door a window and a couple sky lights in my wall tent and I didn't like the way the wind blew right through it.

Robin
Old 04-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Wall tent repair

Default Wall tent repair

A & A canvas in Edmonton added two feet to my wall tent sides to give it 5 foot walls. Did a good job and only charged me 250.00.