Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthegorby View Post
As a rank newbie who is taking my PAL this weekend, I am learning a ton reading this thread and all the discussions. Thanks to all that have contributed!

Gotta admit, I was a little nervous when I got to the end of the thread seeing if any of my recent rookie comments at gun counters would pop up. :-)

One thing I have to say is that this thread has confirmed with me the value of getting my PAL and buying my first rifle through my local independent gun store where the guys listen to what I am excited about and really seem to know their stuff.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Good starter rifle I believe is an MVP either in .223 or .308. Personally I am a fan of the Scout model. If you want a semi-auto for hunting/fun M305 after it has been check over by a smith and some simple upgrades or sent to M14medic.ca as the quality control can be really hit or miss and some parts were cheaped out on. Plus you can get legal 10rd mags for the M305, E-Lander AIA M10s mags are for sale all over the place. They are legal due to them being originally made for the AIA M10 which is a Lee-Enfield mod. For .223 mini-14 or SU-16.

In the end it's up to you. Just do your research and cross check crap before buying stuff.

Last edited by DireWolf; 10-31-2017 at 12:24 PM.