Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 05-07-2017, 10:06 AM

Nube were your coyotes that graded I's from north trapline or a mixture of both prairie and north?
Old 05-07-2017, 10:48 AM

Mixture
Old 05-07-2017, 01:35 PM

Does the * symbol define best of a certain lot? I hope so as I have a few. Can't hardly wait till tomorrow and for November already.
Old 05-07-2017, 04:39 PM

Hey guys, I am logged in to nafa website but I can't find where I locate my lotting letter. Can someone help me out? Thanks, rob
Old 05-07-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katts69 View Post
Hey guys, I am logged in to nafa website but I can't find where I locate my lotting letter. Can someone help me out? Thanks, rob
If you are registered with them it will appear under my accounts
Old 05-07-2017, 08:41 PM
AO Sponsor

Talk is, by some very heavy hitters to not expect a repeat of Feb... however I am not yet convinced. I think they are going to get a fair ways down the catalogue before anything changes drastically, if it does at all??? The word is that the values are a little overinflated, but what do you expect? Drop the values in a smoking hot market? People are looking forward with much anticipation of a high coyote sale. All coyotes I'm talking. But long before the coyotes are 700-800 wolves or something... 5 hours of pain unless yer a big wolf guy!

The trappers fantacize about the market/prices picking up even higher, while the buyers fantacize about the market slowing up so they can catch their breathe!
Old 05-07-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty S View Post
Talk is, by some very heavy hitters to not expect a repeat of Feb... however I am not yet convinced. I think they are going to get a fair ways down the catalogue before anything changes drastically, if it does at all??? The word is that the values are a little overinflated, but what do you expect? Drop the values in a smoking hot market? People are looking forward with much anticipation of a high coyote sale. All coyotes I'm talking. But long before the coyotes are 700-800 wolves or something... 5 hours of pain unless yer a big wolf guy!

The trappers fantacize about the market/prices picking up even higher, while the buyers fantacize about the market slowing up so they can catch their breathe!
Yes. Unfortunately or fortunately this is the nature of the auction system. Hopefully the latter for those selling!
Old 05-07-2017, 09:26 PM

Darn it Marty. Took Herman s and your earlier prediction and bought a TW 200 for elk hunting thinking I d make a fortune on my coyotes. Now waiting on my results knowing full well that some of my open dogs will not do well. Been at this game for close to 50 years and realize its always a crap shoot. As a sidenote we got away with numerous damaged dogs in one lot while in the next lot we had no sew jobs,similar quality and got hit for damaged ones, hard.Yes, I also realize that sew jobs are not the only factor resulting in damaged goods.Another grading concern that I fail to figure out is how they grade for colour.Lets cross our fingers and good luck to everyone.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:32 PM
AO Sponsor

Oh... EASY GRADE!!! ..: EASYYYYYYYYYYYYY GRADE!