Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-24-2016, 11:02 PM

Thumbs up Best West Coast Fishing Trip of My Life! - Serengeti Charters

Hey Guys and Gals,

Just got back yesterday from an incredible west coast fishing trip with Serengeti Charters. I met them at the Calgary Boat and Sportsman Show a couple years back and I've been dying to get up there. Had a couple of other big trips booked already so this one had to wait. But I finally got up there and had the time of my life.

We fished for 3 days and caught more fish than you can even imagine. The bites just kept coming and coming and coming... Never seemed to end! We went out every morning early and completely hammered big chinooks for a couple of hours (until we were limited out on great fish averaging around 20 pounds each with several pushing the 30 pound mark!) and then we would move onto Round 2 with either halibut or big lingcod.

I picked these guys largely for big lings and red snapper and they totally delivered on everything they told me at the show! I've caught lots of lingcod in my life and also been on a few guided salmon and hali trips, but none of my other trips even came close to competing with this trip!

I'll let the photos speak for themselves - and trust me - this is only a small handful of the pictures we took! Even with the big fish shown here, the photos can't even come close to doing it justice! If you ever want a completely rockstar West Coast fishing trip - just go to www.SerengetiFishingCharters.com and book with these guys! I'll never look for a new fishing guide again!

Hope you enjoy the photos. We'll be back there next year for the same trip. Life's too short to not take advantage of this kind of fishing any chance you get!

Here's a Tiger Rockfish that I caught. Always wanted to catch one but this is the first one I've ever got.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:32 PM

Amazing pics. I'm headed out there in a couple weeks. Should be fun!
Old 06-25-2016, 02:57 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Wow factor.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-25-2016, 06:03 AM

Great pictures, we are headed there to fish on June 30th for 3 days.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:29 AM

Awesome! So many nice fish. Some real trophies there. I like the 3 pic down. Were you thinking, "I dunno, I think my head could fit in that maw..."

BTW, I've on tried a couple of those red stripe rock fish before but they were about the best of the rock fish I thought. Amazing flavour.

Congrats on the great trip!
Old 06-25-2016, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Wow factor.
Wow is right! Some quality fish.
Old 06-25-2016, 09:54 AM

We went 2 years ago and by day 3 I didn't even wanna hold a fishing rod .. we caught so many fish and big ones too , that trip we live released a 300 lb Hali.. was unreal trip .. They definitely run a first class operation and know how to treat their clients to a trip of a lifetime..

Mamba
Old 06-25-2016, 10:12 AM
Banned

What an awesome trip! I was supposed to go with them this year but my fishing partner had to bow out due to a sickness in the family.

Congrats on what looks like the trip of a lifetime!
Old 06-25-2016, 11:11 AM

That looks like a phenomenal trip!!! Will definitely have to add them to my bucket list!!
Old 06-25-2016, 02:18 PM

Awesome....way to go!
Old 06-25-2016, 03:18 PM

Wow that's awesome! Going up self guided with the whole family brothers, wives, parents and kids. I hope to get into some good fishing.... but I don't think my boat full will keep up to the twin 250s. Haha! Love the pics just awesome!

The Fishing Doctors Adventures - You May Watch More Than You Bargained For, haha!
https://www.youtube.com/TheFishingDoctorsAdventures
Old 06-25-2016, 05:33 PM

Incredible pictures. That's a trip i'll have to do one day in my life.
Old 06-25-2016, 06:20 PM

Default Wow

Looks totally awesome. Congrats on such a great trip. We have 2 boats booked with Serengeti for 3 days starting Monday. Was lucky enough to pick up one of their cancelation trips. As well I met them at the Calgary Boat & Sportsman show and was completely impressed with the Ling, Red Snapper and Halibut that they consistently catch. I love to catch salmon too but its the successful tasty bottom fishing that steered me there way. After seeing your pics, I won't be able to sleep tonight. We fly to Comox in the morning, and rented a truck to take us the rest of the way. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully I will have a post next week with the same success!!!
Old 06-25-2016, 07:38 PM

Nice to see pics of more than just chickens..... Decent Hali's. Favourite tasting ocean fish.... Almost as good as walleye.
Old 06-25-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4bowhunter View Post
Looks totally awesome. Congrats on such a great trip. We have 2 boats booked with Serengeti for 3 days starting Monday. Was lucky enough to pick up one of their cancelation trips. As well I met them at the Calgary Boat & Sportsman show and was completely impressed with the Ling, Red Snapper and Halibut that they consistently catch. I love to catch salmon too but its the successful tasty bottom fishing that steered me there way. After seeing your pics, I won't be able to sleep tonight. We fly to Comox in the morning, and rented a truck to take us the rest of the way. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully I will have a post next week with the same success!!!
Good luck, perhaps we will run into each other when your leaving. A buddy and I fly in on Wednesday.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4bowhunter View Post

You guys will have an awesome time I'm sure! Definitely post pics when you get back. Although I have to say the photos don't do it justice!

Good luck on your trip. Those guys really know their stuff. I'm sure you'll have similar pictures to post!
Old 06-27-2016, 08:15 AM

My brother and I booked in for 3 days first week of August! Can't wait.