Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-21-2017, 09:15 AM

Default Best place to buy online

Hey all I've been more of the type to buy in person rather than online but since my local WSS is shutting down I figured I should give the online thing a try. What's your go place for things like bullets/ powder / primers, and handloading tools and such. Guess I should step into the 21 century a bit;-)
Old 09-21-2017, 09:26 AM

Where ya from? Just come to Bartons when your in town! They seem to be decent for reloading stuff.
Cabelas online with free shipping for bullets when on sale. i've used Rusty wood and Budget shooters supply when powder was hard to find with good results.
Martin at Swamp Donkey is real good as well, just not sure how he ships as mine were delivered up here, great service.
Might want to run into WSS and stock up on primers anyway, powder is varying prices right now, with some being 30 off I heard but they were super busy when I went in and I didn't need anymore.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUFFBUFF View Post
Where ya from? Just come to Bartons when your in town! They seem to be decent for reloading stuff.
Cabelas online with free shipping for bullets when on sale. i've used Rusty wood and Budget shooters supply when powder was hard to find with good results.
Martin at Swamp Donkey is real good as well, just not sure how he ships as mine were delivered up here, great service.
Might want to run into WSS and stock up on primers anyway, powder is varying prices right now, with some being 30 off I heard but they were super busy when I went in and I didn't need anymore.
Bartons is great and have shopped there for certain stuff but there are a few odd ball stuff they don't carry as they are more geared towards the tactical crowd. There prices are also a bit on the high side for certain components. Haven't been there in a few weeks but last I recall they don't have much for Sierra or Speer bullets. If I'm looking for Berger bullets that's were I'd go though;-)
Great guys and great store though for sure
Old 09-21-2017, 10:50 AM

When it comes to online shopping, you should definitely try Amazon. They have good prices on tools. For bullets and powders there are better options.
Old 09-21-2017, 01:31 PM

Cheapest powder on line Higginson. Also good prices on Hornady bullets and some reloading gear. If you can get a couple of guys together and buy 21 pounds or more of powder it gets real cheap.

X-reload and Prophet River, along with Rainershine, Tradex are also good options for reloading components. For dies etc Nachez, Brownelles and Sinclairs out of the States are hard to beat as long as you are ordering enough stuff to offset the shipping charges, and yes they ship to us.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:01 PM

Try Al Flahertys, good prices, and great service, everything including restricted firearms, were at my door within days!
Old 09-21-2017, 06:18 PM

Bashaw sports had Speer Grand Slam when I could not find them anywhere else. And they will ship.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:00 PM

I use Nordic Marksman for .22 and .223 ammo.

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-21-2017, 07:05 PM

rustywood for powder / higginsons for powder & hornady / bashaw sports
Old 09-21-2017, 07:18 PM

Prophet river
Old 09-21-2017, 07:30 PM

Default Online

I buy reloading stuff from Henry at budget shooter supply - decent ish prices and shipping is cost, X2 for Martin @ swampdonkey He's usually stocked up really well great fella too pretty sure he ships