Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-24-2019, 11:07 PM

Default The hunt is on in Northern Manitoba

From BC to Gillam MB - those two suspects are certainly putt'n the miles on. Hope it ends soon.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:31 AM

The RCMP will probably find then both dead, from suicide, they have driven to the end of the road in MB. and also the end of their road. Why they did what they have done is anybodies guess, so sad..
Old 07-25-2019, 01:04 AM
Banned

I saw on the news that one of the Fathers stated that for sure, they’d go out in a blaze of glory. It sounds like these are pretty sick puppies and I’d be super vigilant if I lived anywhere near where they were last seen. Firearm within arms reach vigilant.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I saw on the news that one of the Fathers stated that for sure, they’d go out in a blaze of glory. It sounds like these are pretty sick puppies and I’d be super vigilant if I lived anywhere near where they were last seen. Firearm within arms reach vigilant.
At least in that neck of the woods pretty much every household would have such safety equipment available. That place is about level with Ft Mac in terms of latitude, approaching Churchill.

I find it weird enough when individuals go nuts and get homicidal, its eerie when people team up for that purpose, how does that conversation even start when its just getting strangers at random? I mean at least one can understand motive if its someone they hate, but strangers? That's just eerie.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:21 AM

These two guys are very dangerous and they have a death wish.

I find it odd they went to the end of the road and burnt the vehicle,why not sink it and lay low.

They I believe they made it back to Thompson right after they burnt the car before it was found,may have had another stolen car and split.No one thought they would head for giliam,hell that's all swamps and lakes.

Hundreds of private camps with campers and vehicles around,if they killed 3 for no reason there is going to be more innocent folks getting killed.

I think there back south or in the bush up there hiding in some cabin.

I drove north to my daughters place because they run a large resort year round and my grandkids are scared plus my daughter,so I am spending a few days and taking the kids back to my home

I won't let no one hurt my family,i will protect them at all costs.These two punks are on the run big time so they burnt that vehicle for one reason only and that's to bring everyone north.

You could sink a car up there and it would be history for years,it's all lakes and large rivers.Burning it was to get there position known,unless there in in shock on what they did,but I doubt that at all.

They did 3 murders and made it across the country very easily,who the hell really knows where they are,I would say on a freight heading south.

There both have bush skills,so some one better put there sights on these two soon.

Rcmp is putting everything they got at there disposal to find them.

Last edited by JD848; 07-25-2019 at 02:30 AM.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:18 AM

They choose a road with no exit one way in and no way out, probably because they ran out of signal on their cellphone for google map, The area is horrible for walking dense bush muskeg and insects not to mention it's 30 degrees out.
I doubt they have a different car the rez where the car was found only has 250 people living there somebody would notice a car or person missing. The two knuckleheads are in the bush somewhere thinking they possess the skills to survive and they don't, one more day and start looking for flocks of crows, magpies and ravens.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:14 AM

They will get hungry. They will turn turn themselves in.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:41 AM

^^^ this
Old 07-25-2019, 09:50 AM

They could have stolen another vehicle between Meadow Lake (where they were last seen) and Gillam. Drove both vehicles to Gillam, torch the one (to create a diversion) and continued on with the second vehicle.....
Old 07-25-2019, 09:52 AM

My thoughts are they planned to rob the young couple but it went bad fast and one of them went too far. Panicking they found unsuspecting guy down the road and killed him, burnt their camper truck and took off in his suv. That bought them some time as everyone thought they were missing.

Time to go 2 provinces away, could have easily stole another car somewhere along the way so they can ditch/burn one in the deep north to get the RC's thinking they are in the woods now. Meanwhile, as mentioned by another poster, they could be anywhere now.

I hope they are in the mosquito infested swamps, lost and almost dead but who knows. They seem to be smart enough to get this far. Be horrible if more innocents get taken out by these two.

One hell of a crime story being written in real time.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:52 AM

one could only hope they don't take them alive
Old 07-25-2019, 09:56 AM

OPP have issued a warning they might be in Ontario by now.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:16 AM

Default A new wrinkle

RCMP investigating photos of B.C. murder suspects, Nazi paraphernalia

https://globalnews.ca/news/5682031/r...-murders-nazi/

Global News has obtained the photos. One of the photos depicts Bryer Schmegelsky wearing army attire while holding a rifle and a second shows him in a gas mask. The third photo depicts a swastika arm band and a knife with the inscription “Blut und Ehre on the handle,” which means blood and honour in German
Old 07-25-2019, 10:36 AM

If they are smart, they could prove very difficult to apprehend in that part of the country. If they aren't, it could be over very quickly. This seems to be happening quite rapidly though and their movements seem random (I suspect not many people on the run would head to Gillam....), it's possible the RCMP have no idea where they are and they're hundreds of km away from Gillam by now.
Old 07-25-2019, 10:37 AM

It's funny the more people they talk to all they can say is these kids were f***** up wanted to kill people and themselves how come none of this was ever reported.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
It's funny the more people they talk to all they can say is these kids were f***** up wanted to kill people and themselves how come none of this was ever reported.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
We're just letting drunk drivers off the hook now because they'll have a tough time facing the consequences of their actions. What's actually expected if someone says something threatening to another?
Old 07-25-2019, 10:57 AM

One thought I had is if they stole another vehicle prior to Gillam and drove both vehicles there, then set the one alight to make it seem they were down a dead-end as a distraction tactic while making their way elsewhere. Who knows if these two are bright enough for that though. I just hope they're caught without any more bloodshed (of innocents anyways).
Old 07-25-2019, 11:04 AM
Banned

Their photos are posted everywhere now. If they have a second vehicle it'd be pretty hard for them to get fuel without being noticed. I'm not sure how many large, self served gas stations are up that way though. It could be I guess.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:20 AM

There is still unconfirmed sightings of these two clowns. I believe they are still here. Many cops and swat teams, sharp shooters and armoured vehicles all over. Choppers with Infrared cameras and drones in the air.
Town people are losing their minds. Hope these clowns off themselves before anyone else dies
Old 07-25-2019, 11:29 AM

Talking let play armchair detectives

if they are in the bush lets hope a pack or wolve get to em first before the rcmp... do they have grizzly bears in northern manitoba ?

i dont think they would be that stupid to head to to the woods , especiaslly if they play strategy rpg and watch youtube probably want access to the internet . probably on the run and on the road . maybe put up a few road block on the highways

another reason to putting highways speeding camera

Last edited by fishtank; 07-25-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:31 AM

Default They could be anywhere

I also find it odd that those two burned the car near Gillam and attracted attention. They must have had a way out of there.
Or, maybe they found themselves some new wheels in Meadow Lake and left that SUV running with the windows down in front of the bus station. Then one of the local crooks helped himself to it and torched it himself when the fuel ran out. Not much wrong with a good decoy.
I hope nobody else gets in their way before its over.
kidd
Old 07-25-2019, 11:33 AM

We have the odd tundra grizz and polar bear make it here. Hoping the starving bears find a meal
Old 07-25-2019, 11:36 AM

All Canadian Atlases are currently being updated to add Gillam.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Map Maker View Post
All Canadian Atlases are currently being updated to add Gillam.
LOL
Old 07-25-2019, 11:41 AM
Banned

heard the father of the boy on the radio this morning. At first I thought he was going to provide excuses for his kid but he actually started to cry saying he understands his kid will probably be shot and killed.

He didnt make an excuse but instead apologized before they cut the recording off.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:47 AM

I hope they find these two clowns crying in the swamps cause the bugs are soooo bad. give them some bush justice and leave them there to rot. POS.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
If they are smart, they could prove very difficult to apprehend in that part of the country. If they aren't, it could be over very quickly. This seems to be happening quite rapidly though and their movements seem random (I suspect not many people on the run would head to Gillam....), it's possible the RCMP have no idea where they are and they're hundreds of km away from Gillam by now.
I'm guessing they're no where near Gillam. The burn't vehicle was a diversion and they have another one headed south and possibly back west. To more familiar territory.

BW
Old 07-25-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
These two guys are very dangerous and they have a death wish.

I find it odd they went to the end of the road and burnt the vehicle,why not sink it and lay low.

They I believe they made it back to Thompson right after they burnt the car before it was found,may have had another stolen car and split.No one thought they would head for giliam,hell that's all swamps and lakes.

Hundreds of private camps with campers and vehicles around,if they killed 3 for no reason there is going to be more innocent folks getting killed.

I think there back south or in the bush up there hiding in some cabin.

I drove north to my daughters place because they run a large resort year round and my grandkids are scared plus my daughter,so I am spending a few days and taking the kids back to my home

I won't let no one hurt my family,i will protect them at all costs.These two punks are on the run big time so they burnt that vehicle for one reason only and that's to bring everyone north.

You could sink a car up there and it would be history for years,it's all lakes and large rivers.Burning it was to get there position known,unless there in in shock on what they did,but I doubt that at all.

They did 3 murders and made it across the country very easily,who the hell really knows where they are,I would say on a freight heading south.

There both have bush skills,so some one better put there sights on these two soon.

Rcmp is putting everything they got at there disposal to find them.
I'm guessing that they have very little on the ball; bushcraft skills, strategy or otherwise. They could have hidden bodies out there, or had quiet spots to do their evil work, and nobody would have noticed for quite a while longer, and not tied them to it. They burnt the vehicles because they didn't know what else to do, and figured it would get rid of evidence tying them to both vehicles.

They don't know where they are going, but figured "North" would take them to a remote enough spot, that they could hide. As another poster said, they lost cell service and the GPS app, and likely don't have a real unit, paper map to back it up.

If they had news, they would either be trying to get another vehicle with less heat on it (for a day or so), or they are just running blind into the bush. I'd say the later, with a couple of cheap, overstuffed 20L, school bags filled with canned food, and cheap Rambo knives.

I kind of hope that something gets them, though it's unlikely. Maybe they'll get lost and starve/dehydrate, and get eaten while their on their last.

A 2 casualty shootout is 2nd place on my wish list, with 3rd being long, long way from ideal being that the little scum bags make it to a court room.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 07-25-2019, 12:39 PM

Does anyone know what kind of evidence the RCMP have that actually ties them to the murders?
Old 07-25-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Does anyone know what kind of evidence the RCMP have that actually ties them to the murders?
I would think that fleeing in the Rav4 belonging to the murdered gent that looked like Santa is a strong indication.

One photo of one of the suspects that he posted to social media some time ago showed him in full combat fatigues and holding what appeared to be an AR-15. The lighting sucked but it looked legit, the bolt looked normal as opposed to the different appearance of the .22lr replica's. Of course I'm not suggesting merely owning one is an indication, but playing dress-up and having a pile of former classmates all with stories noting how he related murder/suicide fantasies to them (and about them!) starts painting a pretty eerie picture of the guys psyche.