Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-21-2019, 08:11 AM

Default Federal Wildlife Officer

Hello everyone

I am a federal wildlife officer with Environment Canada. My area of responsibility is the three prairie provinces and NWT and Nunavut. My job is primarily speaking to people who may have complaints about illegal wildlife activity under the responsibility of Environment Canada. Environment Canada is responsible in summary for migratory bird enforcement as well as the importation and exportation of wildlife products.

If anyone would like to speak to me send me a private message and we can discuss off line any concerns you may have
Old 07-03-2019, 09:52 PM

Default Looking for dirt biking/fishing/hunting/shooting/4x4 friends

Hi everyone, I haven't really posted before but my outdoors friend recently moved back to Vancouver Island so I'm trying to find some new friends to do these kind of things with and figured this was a good place to look. I'm 26 and work in finance in downtown Calgary so a lot of my friends give me pretty blank stares anytime I bring up hunting or fishing or 4x4 but that's always been my interests. I recently got a dirt bike and have been taking it out to Wiaparous but it's a bit sketchy riding alone so I'd love to meet some like minded individuals that want to go ride. I also love going overlanding with my girlfriend and would love to convoy/camp with others and I love long range shooting in the summer and deer hunting come November. Let me know if anyone would be interested in doing something like that one weekend.
Old 07-08-2019, 12:26 PM

Default New boater

Hi everyone just got my first boat and thought I would join this forum and get as much information as I can before I kill myself or somebody else i’m sure all the questions I have already been answered over and over again but I just thought I would say hi
Old 07-08-2019, 10:41 PM

Smile

Hi all just moved to Fox Creek from Saskatchewan and found this cool site . Love fishing and camping
Old 07-08-2019, 11:02 PM
Banned

Welcome to all of you new to the site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDONE View Post
Hello everyone

I am a federal wildlife officer with Environment Canada. My area of responsibility is the three prairie provinces and NWT and Nunavut. My job is primarily speaking to people who may have complaints about illegal wildlife activity under the responsibility of Environment Canada. Environment Canada is responsible in summary for migratory bird enforcement as well as the importation and exportation of wildlife products.

If anyone would like to speak to me send me a private message and we can discuss off line any concerns you may have
Hey WEDONE, if you happen to see this......You have to have at least 10 posts before anyone can PM you. I’m not sure if you can PM anyone but if you can could you message me? Thanks!
Dave
Old 07-09-2019, 11:16 PM

Default Greetings

I've been lurking around here for some time now. I finally singed up to take full advantage of the wealth of information available here, just wanted to take a moment to say hello. I enjoy fishing, hunting and shooting, archery and firearms. My name is Jamie but I usually go by J.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:15 AM

I've been lurking a long time and love this forum. Can't wait to become a participant.

I live close to Edmonton and hunt all over Alberta.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:10 PM

Hi! Been lurking for a while and finally joined. I grew up in Farm Land Alberta near Camrose and after bouncing around a little have settled in Calgary. Love the outdoors, and what Alberta has to offer.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:06 AM

Good day, recently posted to Alberta from Manitoba(originally from BC) I enjoy hunting upland, turkey, and deer mostly. Looking forward to trying elk and pheasant here in Alberta. I like muzzleloader, but it doesn't look like there is much for special seasons here for that? My second favorite part of hunting is making the game into smoked sausages and salamis to enjoy with some home brew. Looking forward to meeting up with some locals and getting out in the woods.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:48 AM

Default Just another Newbie

Hello to all,

Fairly new to Alberta, having moved to the Foothills (212) just a few months ago. Looking to improve my fishing and get into some hunting, though I am a newbie for sure. Have lots of field experience from my military time, but hunting itself is a new game for me.

I have a very small 3 acre piece of land in the Foothills MD and trying to figure out what my options are for bow hunting in the area or even on my property. I have Elk and White tail pass through daily. Also plenty coyotes.

Fairly new to Bow, so I need to improve these skills first. Also looking to expand my knowledge on hunting birds and other game in AB. I am probably too late for this season, but there might still be a chance.. Safety training done (Texas) and am working on my WIN etc.

Still a little confused about some of the rules as they relate to 212
Old 10-28-2019, 04:03 PM

Default Introductions

Hello, I am new to this forum, but have been in the Calgary area since 1999. Im an avid fly fisherman, and do a little upland game hunting from time to time. Looking forward to new insights and discussions on the outdoors.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:53 PM

Default Newbie from NE Ontario

Hey all,

Just saying "hello". I'm a new member from Northeastern Ontario. I just got into upland game hunting this year, but have spent previous summers losing fish next to the boat. I'm fairly new to the outdoors, but loving every minute of it.

Joined here because it looks pretty active and I'm always keen to get new advice and insights.
Old 11-24-2019, 05:38 PM

Default Returning to the Prairies

Howdy Folks: Prairie Buck here.

After a 31 years absence from the Prairies, myself and my Precious Miss Beadazzled have returned. Leaving behind a life time of experience and friends on Vancouver Island. We have retired to small town east central Alberta. Our first time as Alberta residents, we are Saskatchewan born and raised. Family, friends and life style are what pulled us back. We are both active C.A.S. shooter and I am also involved with long range shooting, in particular Project Mapleseed, Canadian Rimfire Precision Series and Outlaw Rimfire Precision Series.
Old 12-05-2019, 01:44 AM

Default Hello fellow outdoorsman

Hello all

My names Justin and I'm an avid hunter. I hunt with both compound bow and rifle. Honestly love hunting with my bow much better. I am also an avid fisherman.. I love fly fishing and I tie all my own flies. I center pin fish in BC alot for Salmon and Steelhead!

I hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Last edited by Rx1hunter; 12-05-2019 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Forgot to add about fishing
Old 12-10-2019, 09:53 PM

Default Greetings

I am new to Traditional archery and lived in Calgary for a yr and a half. Looking forward to learning and improving my archery skills and maybe collect a few bows along the way when my wife doesn't object . I am a former farmer and an entomologist and enjoy the outdoors and nature. Hopefully I will gain invaluable insights from this forum.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:57 PM

Default New here

hi everyone I’m new here.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:11 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new to this forum and would like to say hello. I hail from Sask and moved out to Calgary 8 years ago. I enjoy getting out and using by bow, shotgun and rifles and have been lucky enough to land a couple Suffield elk and some deer in SE AB.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:53 PM
Banned

Default Hi!

Hi, just a new guy here, hoping to learn a thing or two about hunting.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:39 AM

Default Hi Everyone

Sort of new to hunting, used to hunt grouse when I was quite a bit younger.
Just starting to get back into it. Just finished up getting all the required documentation in order.
Going to head out this summer for a few scouting trips around the Calgary area, see if we can locate some potential spots.
If nothing else it is a good excuse to get out and explore our province, and enjoy time with friends and meet new ones.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:55 AM
Banned

Default Howdy all

Hello Everyone... Super excited to be here. I am not new to the shooting world but at the same time am looking forward to learning from you all! Thanks for having me. Cheers
Old 02-18-2020, 04:47 AM

Default Hello

I am a retired police man who loves hunting and hiking. I try to enjoy archery but as the name suggests, I look for more lost arrows than what I pull out of critters. I live in Red Deer and we have an old cabin down in WMU 312. My sons hunt with me when they can or I'll cruise the foothills alone. I very much enjoy the topics covered on here, there seems to be a wide spread of expertise in so many areas. Take care and be safe!
Old 02-18-2020, 08:42 AM

Default Hullo

I’m just a kid from the peace country, I have yet to graduate high school but I’m planning on homesteading at my cabin. I’m mostly here to learn as much as I can from people who live a bit closer to home.
My cabin will be 2 floors with just over 500 sq. Feet. It’s the most beautiful place I’ve seen.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTuna View Post
I’m just a kid from the peace country, I have yet to graduate high school but I’m planning on homesteading at my cabin. I’m mostly here to learn as much as I can from people who live a bit closer to home.

My cabin will be 2 floors with just over 500 sq. Feet. It’s the most beautiful place I’ve seen.
I plan on homesteading at mine in a year or two still spend a hundred days a year out there

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by 35 whelen; 02-18-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:20 PM
Banned

Hello, new here. I love all guns from my ruger no.1 blued and wood to my rem 700 stainless and composite, handguns and ARs too. I like to hunt and I almost got my first bow kill last year.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:26 PM
Banned

I'm also in the process of trying to get a new hunting rifle built 6.5x47L I think is what I want.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:09 AM

Default Huntzman

Hi. I'm from Central Alberta. I enjoy many outdoor activities including shooting, archery, and hunting. Just recently started fishing a bit too. I enjoy camping, quading, dirtbiking, hiking, exploring, and just about anything that gives a little adrenaline rush. I'm a bit of a gun collector (anything really, they all appeal to me) and overall enthusiast. I've lived in Alberta most of my life and hunted Whitetail, Mule Deer, Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, and upland game bird and waterfowl. Never hunted bear, cougar, or big horn sheep, but would love to. (So if anyone wants to invite me along, please feel free to do so!!) I've hunted a couple times in Africa, and I'm actually headed back and looking for someone to join me if anyone is interested. I'm just looking for someone to share the experience with, so don't worry about it costing a fortune. Other than that, I'm just out to enjoy whatever nature has to offer!
Old 03-04-2020, 09:41 AM

Hi. I'm from Edmonton and will be turning 50 this year. Moved around a lot when I was a kid but we settled in the Edmonton area in the early 80's.
I've always enjoyed camping and fishing but never did much of it with regularity. I have never been hunting even though my brother and friend go out most years.
Last August I bought a compound bow and have been enjoying the hell out of it.
I am currently going through the New Hunter Education Course and am figuring out a plan for my summer and fall weekends to see how many animals I can scare into the next WMU with my bow.
It's not about having to put meat in the freezer. I need an excuse to get out of the city, away from the computer and into the places that truly make me feel at peace. A little meat in the freezer will be an awesome bonus. I can only go down soo many Youtube rabbit holes and forum posts before I have to just get off my butt and try it for myself.
Who knows, I may even have an opportunity to post a success or two on here.
Old 03-04-2020, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcwilly View Post
Hi. I'm from Edmonton and will be turning 50 this year. Moved around a lot when I was a kid but we settled in the Edmonton area in the early 80's.
I've always enjoyed camping and fishing but never did much of it with regularity. I have never been hunting even though my brother and friend go out most years.
Last August I bought a compound bow and have been enjoying the hell out of it.
I am currently going through the New Hunter Education Course and am figuring out a plan for my summer and fall weekends to see how many animals I can scare into the next WMU with my bow.
It's not about having to put meat in the freezer. I need an excuse to get out of the city, away from the computer and into the places that truly make me feel at peace. A little meat in the freezer will be an awesome bonus. I can only go down soo many Youtube rabbit holes and forum posts before I have to just get off my butt and try it for myself.
Who knows, I may even have an opportunity to post a success or two on here.
Welcome! please scare them into my wmu lol!!
Old 03-04-2020, 09:37 PM

wildcwilly, you're welcome to come out to Rocky Mountain House one weekend if you'd like.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:56 PM

Default Hello from BC

Newbie intro.
Been lurking for a while but now I need access to that highly addictive buy and sell. I hunt almost everything but I mostly love spending time glassing in the mountains and any day spent above the treeline is a win.

Lap