Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-14-2019, 03:19 PM

Default Kudo's to Keno07AOVette

I'd like to give a thumbs up to Ken for his help in my getting blood from a stone. Its exceedingly rare for me to have a client who is difficult to collect from and I had finally thrown my hands up in getting anywhere with one couple whom I had done $10K of work for over a year ago. I had received 70% payment (and this was from the male clients elderly father ) and the client figured that was all I had coming to me. I enlisted Ken's assistance only late last night, he got busy with his phone today.

I received a phone call around noon and met & got my payment at 1:30. I just returned home from making my bank deposit and clearing that receivable from my books. $

Much appreciated Ken, I'll fire that EMT off to you immediately.

I had never had to use such a service previously, but damned if Ken doesn't come in pretty handy when you need! I figure his office probably looks like Mike Hammers and he's only filmed in a black & white or sepia tones. Film noire style.... He probably says "Dame" a lot too....

Last edited by threeforthree; 12-14-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:56 PM

Kens good peoples for sure!

I’ve always imagined his work to be more of a goodfellas kinda setup. Or maybe The Godfather..
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 12-14-2019, 03:57 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

if Ken had a cape...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-14-2019, 04:04 PM

.... edited

Last edited by CaberTosser; 12-14-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Old 12-14-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I'd like to give a thumbs up to Ken for his help in my getting blood from a stone. Its exceedingly rare for me to have a client who is difficult to collect from and I had finally thrown my hands up in getting anywhere with one couple whom I had done $10K of work for over a year ago. I had received 70% payment (and this was from the male clients elderly father ) and the client figured that was all I had coming to me. I enlisted Ken's assistance only late last night, he got busy with his phone today.

I received a phone call around noon and met & got my payment at 1:30. I just returned home from making my bank deposit and clearing that receivable from my books. $

Much appreciated Ken, I'll fire that EMT off to you immediately.

I had never had to use such a service previously, but damned if Ken doesn't come in pretty handy when you need! I figure his office probably looks like Mike Hammers and he's only filmed in a black & white or sepia tones. Film noire style.... He probably says "Dame" a lot too....
I better make sure I am paid up for your services, or am I in trouble...LOL
Old 12-14-2019, 05:20 PM

Sounds like an offer was made that couldn't be refused!
Old 12-14-2019, 05:34 PM

When Ken was small, and his friend broke his arm on the slide, Ken got a marker and was the first to sign the cast.....

"Pay up by next Friday, or I stop playing nice!'......

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-14-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
When Ken was small
Old 12-14-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
When Ken was small, and his friend broke his arm on the slide, Ken got a marker and was the first to sign the cast.....

"Pay up by next Friday, or I stop playing nice!'......
Lol nice!

No, I never got into the game untill I was nearly 20, saw an ad in the paper. True story. 33 years later, still in.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-14-2019, 05:50 PM

Talking

Thanks Caber. It was a pleasure, sure funny how people in different situations handle themselves, and the lengths they will go to, to try and get out of paying their bills.

SO MANY TIMES, just like with yours, 2 years of avoiding the debt the first thing I hear is ' IT IS CHRISTMAS AND YOU WANT MONEY TODAY?????'

Apparently my calendars are wrong, I thought there was 11 days until the day. Oh well.

The last 2 Christmas's didn't mean anything to Caber and his family?

Someday I am going to enlist Huntnstuff and we are going to write a book.

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 12-14-2019, 06:12 PM

I talked to ken on the phone for 15min a bit ago and he gave me some tips to recover some lost money to try. Not even a week later after messaging the guy he was at my shop signing some things over to me to recover losses. Kens a stand up guy and if ever this far south I ow him a beer or supper
Old 12-14-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Someday I am going to enlist Huntnstuff and we are going to write a book.
Lol!!!!

Once upon a time, there was this guy who was a low down, good for nothing filandering drunken SOB......WELL, he had a friend named Ken and this book is about him....
Old 12-14-2019, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Lol!!!!

Once upon a time, there was this guy who was a low down, good for nothing filandering drunken SOB......WELL, he had a friend named Ken and this book is about him....
Old 12-14-2019, 07:53 PM

It is very clear that Ken is exceptional at what he does. Glad he got the dead beat to pay up.
Old 12-14-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Lol!!!!

I’d like a copy of this book!

Another good story on the AO SITE!

BW
Old 12-14-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
I figure his office probably looks like Mike Hammers and he's only filmed in a black & white or sepia tones. Film noire style.... He probably says "Dame" a lot too....
I've never even met the guy in person but this fits what I picture too.

I also heard he has a grizzly bear rug in his office, rumor goes that the bear isn't even dead, it's just too scared to move.

He's probably one of the only "internet friends" I have who I would lend my truck to without batting an eye, or know I could call for help if I was in a real bind. He's good people.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:30 PM

Wonder if he can find and collect from deadbeat dads that dont pay thier child support lol aka stepkids dad
Old 12-14-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Bigbore View Post
Wonder if he can find and collect from deadbeat dads that dont pay thier child support lol aka stepkids dad
Is that a question?

You could ask him

Old 12-14-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
It is very clear that Ken is exceptional at what he does. Glad he got the dead beat to pay up.
I was glad to get paid, but had to roll my eyes that the person who paid me was the deadbeats elderly father/enabler. I'd have preferred that the money came from the deadbeat couple but my bills need paying regardless.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:55 PM

Great job.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:55 PM

As an educational side-note to the forum, I should mention a thing I did when I got the cheque. I forgot to stipulate cash but I figured they'd not be dumb enough to commit the crime of writing a purposefully bad cheque as that becomes a whole 'nother ball game for them.

I received the cheque and it was from a bank other than my own. I went to their home branch noted on the cheque and got it certified for $25. I then went and deposited it at my own bank through a human teller rather than the machine that I would normally use. I just wanted to note that you can certify cheques in this manner as the recipient. Doing this can protect you against possible cancelling of the cheque or against fluctuations in their bank account, say if other payments come out in the interim type of thing.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:07 PM

What does Ken do exactly? This would’ve been nice to know when my dad was closing his business. I think had close to $100k in receivables.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
What does Ken do exactly? This would’ve been nice to know when my dad was closing his business. I think had close to $100k in receivables.
Think of Liam Neesen. He will find you. And get your $$ just not the ‘end’ part.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Lol!!!!

Reminds me of the movie Tombstone. ‘I’ll be yer huckleberry’.

Either way I want to read the book.
Old 12-14-2019, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
Account recovery, Civil Litigation, Process serving, Bailiff Services

Old 12-15-2019, 12:22 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDWtESy4fOs
Old 12-15-2019, 10:20 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Account recovery, Civil Litigation, Process serving, Bailiff Services
This explains so much! lol! I keep seeing little snippets here and there on threads and I am always asking myself if Ken is a heavy for the mafia or a collection agent! Haha! I may have to contact you for services in the future now I know I won’t go to jail for using your skills!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 12-15-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
This explains so much! lol! I keep seeing little snippets here and there on threads and I am always asking myself if Ken is a heavy for the mafia or a collection agent! Haha! I may have to contact you for services in the future now I know I won’t go to jail for using your skills!
His presence in person could give the impression that he'd be effective as the Soprano-type collector, but he utilizes lawful means to effect his clients needs. Nobody's ever called him a pipsqueak unless they were utilizing sarcasm.
Old 12-15-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
As an educational side-note to the forum, I should mention a thing I did when I got the cheque. I forgot to stipulate cash but I figured they'd not be dumb enough to commit the crime of writing a purposefully bad cheque as that becomes a whole 'nother ball game for them.

I received the cheque and it was from a bank other than my own. I went to their home branch noted on the cheque and got it certified for $25. I then went and deposited it at my own bank through a human teller rather than the machine that I would normally use. I just wanted to note that you can certify cheques in this manner as the recipient. Doing this can protect you against possible cancelling of the cheque or against fluctuations in their bank account, say if other payments come out in the interim type of thing.
Side note- certified cheques can be stopped/reversed in certain situations for up to 10 days. The reason for the stoppage generally has to be that the account owner states it is not an authorized signature; fraud/forgery. This is what the banks say, but not what they do.
With sketchy people I accept cash, money order or etransfer only. I recommend doing the same.

Old 12-15-2019, 10:33 AM

Ken is an all round great guy who volunteers extensively in his community and has helped out more people in need than you can possibly imagine. He is also a very effective collector. If you have outstanding debts, don't wait, make the call.