Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-23-2015, 10:42 PM

Default Burris XTR II

Anyone shooting with the Burris XTR II scope? I am thinking of getting this one. Any feedback you can offer is appreciated.

I currently shoot Zeiss but I am thinking of giving this scope a try. I have tried the vortex viper PST tactical scopes. They were pretty good with excellent features but they didnt match up with the Zeiss optically.

I have heard the new Burris glass is amazing. Confirmation from a user would be nice.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
Anyone shooting with the Burris XTR II scope? I am thinking of getting this one. Any feedback you can offer is appreciated.

I currently shoot Zeiss but I am thinking of giving this scope a try. I have tried the vortex viper PST tactical scopes. They were pretty good with excellent features but they didnt match up with the Zeiss optically.

I have heard the new Burris glass is amazing. Confirmation from a user would be nice.

Thanks in advance.
The XTR II is everything the reviews say it is. Glass, tracking, ruggedness, reticle, illumination and feel. Unfortunately, they are hard to come by and the dealers who stock Burris never have these (or the equally awesome Veracity) in stock.

I'm sold on these and prefer shooting my 5-25 over my March 2.5-25 from the bench. You wont find a better FFP scope anywhere out there for the money, or for maybe even twice the money. Think Steiner's budget cousin.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propliner View Post
The XTR II is everything the reviews say it is. Glass, tracking, ruggedness, reticle, illumination and feel. Unfortunately, they are hard to come by and the dealers who stock Burris never have these (or the equally awesome Veracity) in stock.

I'm sold on these and prefer shooting my 5-25 over my March 2.5-25 from the bench. You wont find a better FFP scope anywhere out there for the money, or for maybe even twice the money. Think Steiner's budget cousin.
AFAIK, USA ITAR export permit requirements have created a high wall of paper that prevents USA online dealers and most Canadian dealers from stocking anything but low end (non ITAR) hunter scopes, that are made in or distributed from the USA, (free trade in action). The EUro to CA$ exchange has not changed nearly as much as the US$ to CA$ but most EU scopes are distributed from the USA so the distributors benefit at our expense.

The lack of Canadian distribution direct from EU, also creates problems with warranty service and especially warranty replacements as (AFAIK) the replacement scope (with different serial #) requires a new export permit. Canadian dealers are reluctant to do an over the counter exchange for this reason, and also because the US distributors have very high reorder or special order minimums (also caused by the cost of export paperwork).

The XTR II specs are very good, I would really like to see one. The Steiners are very interesting, but not stocked by the dealers shown on the Steiner website, the Burris website lists NO Canadian dealer information.

Good Luck, YMMV.
Peace on Earth, and Best Wishes to all.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:56 AM

Grouse River has Burris XTR II FFP scopes on their websight. Would hope they have them in stock.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleJ View Post
Grouse River has Burris XTR II FFP scopes on their websight. Would hope they have them in stock.
I have learned from experience not to assume that just because they list it as being in stock, that they actually have any. However, they have been improving in that regard.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:45 AM

Burris on all my rifles
Bartons in GP has a good line of Burris scopes
Old 12-25-2015, 08:43 PM

Just wondering what the price is on one and where you found them ? I haven't seen one around calgary . The reviews on them are great for the price rated better than my current viper pst . That's why I am wondering what thay are worth here?
Old 12-25-2015, 08:51 PM

Default Thanks

i appreciate the feedback. You have really piqued my interest.
Old 12-25-2015, 10:18 PM

Try your area Stoeger (Beretta Benelli Sako Tikka etc) dealer. If they don't have the Burris or Steiner scope you are looking for they can bring it in.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:20 PM

Default Burris

Try Brandon optics in Vancouver, good price usually free shipping they have Minox scopes there too {hint hint} lol . X2 on veracity theyre decent rugged scopes