Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-07-2022, 10:57 AM

Default Crawling Valley closed??

I have heard reports that once the campground and boat launch at CVR is closed for the season, (which it is now) that you are not allowed to have a boat on the lake. This is news to me and just looking to see if anyone has confirmation of this. I never use the boat launch, as I have a zodiac and usually launch midway up the lake from shore.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:08 PM

In 2018, the EID started a mandatory Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention Program. All boaters wishing to access EID reservoirs, including Crawling Valley Reservoir, must check in with the campground office prior to launching to complete a watercraft information and commitment form stating they will not knowingly spread aquatic invasive species. As part of the program, trailered watercraft must only be launched from approved boat launches while non-trailered watercraft can be launched at random locations, but are still required to check in with the campground office prior to launching.

WATERCRAFTS INCLUDE: motorized (boats, sailboats, zodiacs, etc.) and non-motorized (canoes, kayaks (adult/kid kayaks), paddleboards, sailboats, etc.)

http://www.crawlingvalleycampground.ca/

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-09-2022, 09:57 AM

S0 If the campground closes this weekend I am sure it does. Then there will be no more launching of boats.

See you on the hard water.
Old 10-09-2022, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLLER View Post
S0 If the campground closes this weekend I am sure it does. Then there will be no more launching of boats.

See you on the hard water.
Exactly from what is said and written. No one at office to check boats and gates closed. From what I have read before (can't remember from where) but it is written somewhere that you are not aloud to launch anything anywhere around the whole lake. East or west, north or south sides. Rules set up by EID. When hard water gets in place you will be able to access lake. SUCKS FOR ME
Old 10-11-2022, 03:56 PM

Absolutely ridiculous.
Old 10-11-2022, 05:38 PM

same thing happened at Chin. We went out Saturday and had a good day. Returned Monday to find the gates locked. Ridiculous considering the weather THIS YEAR.
Old 10-12-2022, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell f View Post
same thing happened at Chin. We went out Saturday and had a good day. Returned Monday to find the gates locked. Ridiculous considering the weather THIS YEAR.
Access to Chin is still available, just need some planning ahead. DM me and I can let you know how.
Old 10-12-2022, 05:18 PM

PM sent, Thanks!
Old 10-12-2022, 09:24 PM

What if you have your sticker
Old 10-22-2022, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyrod1970 View Post
I have heard reports that once the campground and boat launch at CVR is closed for the season, (which it is now) that you are not allowed to have a boat on the lake. This is news to me and just looking to see if anyone has confirmation of this. I never use the boat launch, as I have a zodiac and usually launch midway up the lake from shore.
Theres a range road then off to the well roads on the north side that have a road down to the water that is pretty steep..

if you dare to back down, you must have great tires and 4wd to make it back up.

good luck
Old 10-23-2022, 11:45 AM

CVR a nice little fishery. It's closed until full ice-up. Let's just go along, the lake is closed for a reason.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 10-29-2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
CVR a nice little fishery. It's closed until full ice-up. Let's just go along, the lake is closed for a reason.
Agreed.