Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-26-2018, 09:30 PM
Banned

Looks like the busters can’t or they get busted. I don’t think it’s fair especially given some of the horrifying things they see everyday.

Police union not happy they can’t smoke cannabis
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...tion-1.4839914
Old 09-27-2018, 09:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ View Post
Looks like the busters can’t or they get busted. I don’t think it’s fair especially given some of the horrifying things they see everyday.

Police union not happy they can’t smoke cannabis
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...tion-1.4839914
If they expect them not to use on their days off they should be getting paid for it, all workers!
The precedence has been set, and with being legal, things will change, mark my words.
Trying to dictate what LEGAL activities people do in their on days off will no longer fly.
The whole "you smoked a joint 30 days ago" has always been a crock.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:56 PM
Banned

It shouldn’t take long before boardwalk rentals gets court papers. There is a line they are crossing with their new policy upon legalization.

I know this guy and he lives in a boardwalk property

Strain O’ the day
https://youtu.be/z6V3umFWpoA
Old 09-28-2018, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
If they expect them not to use on their days off they should be getting paid for it, all workers!
The precedence has been set, and with being legal, things will change, mark my words.
Trying to dictate what LEGAL activities people do in their on days off will no longer fly.
The whole "you smoked a joint 30 days ago" has always been a crock.
It does not seem fair, but a condition of employment at many police departments requires the member to be available and fit for call out on short notice. Over indulgence of alcohol is easily detected but MJ not so easy.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:14 AM

Boardwalk has banning cannabis but not tobacco really doesn't make sense, two smokers can smoke 30-50 cigarettes a day a couple of pot smokers would never smoke that much. Banning eating cannabis ? how are they going to enforce that?
Legalization is going to be a rough ride with different rules everywhere
In Ontario you can smoke anywhere
Manitoba just about nowhere

I don't know who's going to be writing out all the tickets they will be busy.

Alberta
Consumption restrictions: No consumption on any hospital, school or child-care facility property. No consumption where cigarette smoking is prohibited.

Saskatchewan
Consumption restrictions: Consumption in vehicles and in public places will be prohibited.
Lloydminster will have different rules depending on which side of the street you live on.

Canada Cannabis Legalization: A Guide to Marijuana Laws by Province

https://www.leafly.com/news/canada/a...is-regulations
Old 09-28-2018, 09:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Hate to say it but I can see why TTC is doing this.
She has an accident while on the job. No one would be able to prove 100% that she didn't have some impairment from the medication.
How many people on the bus do you think are going to be willing to step up and sue TTC for putting their lives at risk.
Even if all the science say it wouldn't impair her ability...there will be a lawyer who will be able to find a 'credible' source that says otherwise.
It's the litigious society we've created.
So how is this any different than the Percocet she’s allowed to take? If their stance was no medication that results in impairment then that’s one thing but allowing opioid use no less than 8 hours before but restricting cannabis products makes no sense at all. Add to that the fact that she was using a product that is not going to result in impairment and it’s ridiculous.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:46 AM

I despise the smell, eat all you want. So now it is OK to stink up the neighborhood on every nice day with skunk? I think I will fight back with Chinese opera.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:46 PM
Banned

Best high news bloopers

https://youtu.be/QLWn2LfVjMY
Old 09-30-2018, 08:59 PM

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-30-2018, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Buddy I have been smoking pot since I was 16, I am 63 now and prettier then both of them hehe
Old 10-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Banned

16 days! I wish my grandfather was alive for this

Strain o’ the day
https://youtu.be/oG4cObH3T5M
Old 10-05-2018, 06:21 PM
Banned

So I wonder what the Gobberment is going to do about packaging for cannabis? As it stands now for a medical user I was told the grey area says I’m supposed to keep my bud in the bottle with the prescription label where ever I go with it. The bottle is big and awkward to carry most times and although it is child proof it doesn’t seal well and dries my bud out while letting smell out as well. It sure would be nice to toss the bottle and put it in whatever I choose.

Fact; if you visit or work in Dubai and they test your blood for a positive for THC trace you will spend four mandatory years in prison. Their weed is shwag and it is about $1000 an ounce from what I hear.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
So I wonder what the Gobberment is going to do about packaging for cannabis? As it stands now for a medical user I was told the grey area says I’m supposed to keep my bud in the bottle with the prescription label where ever I go with it. The bottle is big and awkward to carry most times and although it is child proof it doesn’t seal well and dries my bud out while letting smell out as well. It sure would be nice to toss the bottle and put it in whatever I choose.

Fact; if you visit or work in Dubai and they test your blood for a positive for THC trace you will spend four mandatory years in prison. Their weed is shwag and it is about $1000 an ounce from what I hear.
I’d hazard a guess that no one will care what you store it in, but all my friends who use it medicinally have probably way more than the regulated 30 grams around so that might be where you want to keep the prescription label around. Although if you know you can get it anywhere then maybe that amount isn’t as necessary but they do find certain strains work best for their ailments.
Old 10-06-2018, 05:42 AM

Driller lit one up after the safety meeting......and the inspector walks by : is that Mariwanna ? Driller : Yup !

Inspector : you are done here. Go home.

Inspector then called the top of his food chain......and as they say , it ran down hill from there

Happened Thursday morning.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:17 AM

Driller probably should have waited a couple weeks !
Old 10-06-2018, 10:49 PM
Banned

Grandpas smoking weed

https://youtu.be/FmTFk_UWBaE
Old 10-06-2018, 10:53 PM
Banned

The best way to wake and bake

https://youtu.be/MPpiWderFFo
Old 10-07-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
So let's see if I got this right the Government is going to sell pot for 30-50% above street value.....and win the war on drugs..right??
You can make beer and liquor for a fraction of the price paid in store. Most people still go to the liquor store.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:17 AM
Banned

Dabbing granny

https://youtu.be/qBvfwF66d8Q
Old 10-07-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post
Driller lit one up after the safety meeting......and the inspector walks by : is that Mariwanna ? Driller : Yup !

Inspector then called the top of his food chain......and as they say , it ran down hill from there

https://s06.static-shell.com/content...cy-jan2015.pdf

Policies are very strict these days.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-07-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post

Go home? The proper procedure is to give the terminated impaired employee a ride to wherever they are staying after that they're on their own. You can be held libel for giving an impaired person direction to drive home, I know because I drove home a dozen during turnarounds.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Go home? The proper procedure is to give the terminated impaired employee a ride to wherever they are staying after that they're on their own. You can be held libel for giving an impaired person direction to drive home, I know because I drove home a dozen during turnarounds.

3rd party contractor.
He went & sat (slept) in their truck till the end of the day.

also

Will not matter in a couple weeks ...... policy is to stick to the no tolerance rules of present day.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:22 PM
Banned

People in the cannabis industry are now allowed to vacation in the USA
So I am assuming they aren’t going to be searching credit card statements neither.

Six Days!

Strain o’ the day

https://youtu.be/GbvAfv9j5XY
Old 10-11-2018, 09:27 PM
Banned

Grandmas smoking weed

https://youtu.be/IRBAZJ4lF0U
Old 10-11-2018, 10:17 PM
Banned

A serious note instead of my jokes. As the credit card companies are rubbing their hands together patiently waiting for people to smoke their cards up next week here’s something to consider. I don’t buy cannabis unless I have the cash to put it back on my card instantly. My wife won’t let me, but growing your own for about a good $1800 investment will yield up to 400+ grams if you do it right. Good LED lights will last forever and much cheaper on power than sodium bulbs.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
https://s06.static-shell.com/content...cy-jan2015.pdf

Policies are very strict these days.
Troublemaking asshats like this one make mainstream acceptance harder.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Grandmas smoking weed

https://youtu.be/IRBAZJ4lF0U
Dear friend,

That was pure brilliance. Thank you for sharing.

"I love ironing. I feel like I could iron all day"
Old 10-11-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
So let's see if I got this right the Government is going to sell pot for 30-50% above street value.....and win the war on drugs..right??
Govt will need to compete with the MOMs,
which will drive price down.

MOMs currently 75% of street.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
A serious note instead of my jokes. As the credit card companies are rubbing their hands together patiently waiting for people to smoke their cards up next week here’s something to consider. I don’t buy cannabis unless I have the cash to put it back on my card instantly. My wife won’t let me, but growing your own for about a good $1800 investment will yield up to 400+ grams if you do it right. Good LED lights will last forever and much cheaper on power than sodium bulbs.
Probably not the best idea to be buying cannabis on a credit card whose data is most likely on a U.S. server. You never know when Trump is going to bite you in the ...
Old 10-12-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Abelard View Post
Troublemaking asshats like this one make mainstream acceptance harder.
Safety sensitive roles in companies have to be zero tolerance. That means alcohol and any impairment drugs even over the counter cold and flu drugs with drowsy side affect.

Doesn’t make companies ahats. Go to work and come home safe is priority one. Not someone’s want to smoke pot or drink a beer.

Some big companies also have zero tolerance in the office environment to be consistent across the whole company.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin