Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
You are correct. Unfortunately so did Harper and the Conservatives and most of the provinces. BC pretty much sold the whole lower mainland to them and they have a good hold on to Alberta's oil sands. Quebec is still selling them Canadian passports. This may be a good eye opener on what the reality is on dealing with the Chinese......just don't do it !!!!! Stop buying their crap, and stop letting them in.
They tried to buy a major construction company recently, it was rejected. Maybe we're finally seeing the light ?

Grizz
Old 01-19-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
They tried to buy a major construction company recently, it was rejected. Maybe we're finally seeing the light ?

Grizz
I'd like to think you're correct, unfortunately the moment some Chinese company comes along and out bids a Canadian for a company.....SOLD .
The many the ol mighty dollar talks.
Chinese immigrants are only as honest as they have to be and Canada does not have a great track record at holding them to account. They learned the hard way back home in China how to play hard ball so it's best not to do business with them in the first place. In BC the billions in money laundering, the real estate scams, ICBC scams, birth tourism and the fentanyl crisis are all directly perpetrated by recent Chinese immigrants.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:39 PM
Gone Hunting

In spite of my support for great wall

I think it's time to boycott Chinese food. I know it's mostly a symbolic measure but I feel it will have as much effect as JT's plans.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 01-19-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
I'd like to think you're correct, unfortunately the moment some Chinese company comes along and out bids a Canadian for a company.....SOLD .
The many the ol mighty dollar talks.
Chinese immigrants are only as honest as they have to be and Canada does not have a great track record at holding them to account. They learned the hard way back home in China how to play hard ball so it's best not to do business with them in the first place. In BC the billions in money laundering, the real estate scams, ICBC scams, birth tourism and the fentanyl crisis are all directly perpetrated by recent Chinese immigrants.
Whoa boy. Hitting that close to the truth might just get you publicly lynched and thrown in jail for being a racist*.

*I neither agree nor disagree with the premise of the words which you may or may not have said today or any day thereafter in light of ongoing conflict in gov't and law enforcement as to what constitutes illegal racist and xenophobic activities. I may or may not totally agree what you say as long as its not portrayed as racist and illegal by our metrosexual overlords. If what you say is legally constued as "racist" then I disown you and your evil facts FULLSTOP...

Justin are you there?
Old 01-19-2019, 05:08 PM

Default this is only a foretaste

I do not know how China can be WTO member and how the western leaders can be so blind.
They cheat, forfeit, steal technology left and right and this is what they have done for more than 30 years.

When Microsoft and some other silicon valley companies complained a couple of years ago, they broadcasted bulldozers destroying pirated software. Nothing really changed.
Government financed companies buy small innovative companies and steal their technologies in this way. They bought a robotic small company form Bayern and once the technology transfer was done they bankrupted the company. Not to mentioned the companies which are forced to go into a partnership if they want to enter Chinese market. When Trump accuses them for cheating, they promise to increase imports and they will continue to do, whatever they have done.
Rolex, GUCCI, BOSS, Sony..... everything gets forfeited. The profits go towards companies like Huawei which all of the sudden bid and compete for 5G network technologies.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariu View Post
I do not know how China can be WTO member and how the western leaders can be so blind.
They cheat, forfeit, steal technology left and right and this is what they have done for more than 30 years.

When Microsoft and some other silicon valley companies complained a couple of years ago, they broadcasted bulldozers destroying pirated software. Nothing really changed.
Government financed companies buy small innovative companies and steal their technologies in this way. They bought a robotic small company form Bayern and once the technology transfer was done they bankrupted the company. Not to mentioned the companies which are forced to go into a partnership if they want to enter Chinese market. When Trump accuses them for cheating, they promise to increase imports and they will continue to do, whatever they have done.
Rolex, GUCCI, BOSS, Sony..... everything gets forfeited. The profits go towards companies like Huawei which all of the sudden bid and compete for 5G network technologies.
The major reason the TPP was negotiated was to counter Chinese economic power. It always amazed me that the current US administration doesn't understand that.
Old 01-19-2019, 05:50 PM

A number of years ago, the chinese gov't put out a statement that since they had 10% of the worlds population, they deserved 10% of the worlds resources. They were specifically talking about the arctic ocean.

Now I am pretty sure they aren't going after the russians or the americans, that leaves Canada or Denmark. The next 10 or 20 years could get interesting.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 243plus View Post
The major reason the TPP was negotiated was to counter Chinese economic power. It always amazed me that the current US administration doesn't understand that.
There are a lot of things about the current US administration that amazes me
Old 01-19-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
A number of years ago, the chinese gov't put out a statement that since they had 10% of the worlds population, they deserved 10% of the worlds resources. They were specifically talking about the arctic ocean.

Now I am pretty sure they aren't going after the russians or the americans, that leaves Canada or Denmark. The next 10 or 20 years could get interesting.
They don't have to take it.....they will buy it from us with our own money.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
They don't have to take it.....they will buy it from us with our own money.
If they move in a drilling rig, what is Shiney Pony going to do about it?
Old 01-19-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
If they move in a drilling rig, what is Shiney Pony going to do about it?
Unfortunately he will probably do the the same thing that Harper did
Old 01-19-2019, 08:02 PM
Banned

This one's getting juicy!
Old 01-20-2019, 05:36 PM

Then there's the thorny issue of Taiwan, once the only China we recognized.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4837941/c...nvasion-attack

Grizz