Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-13-2020, 08:32 PM

Default Bedding recommendations for a Tikka

Hey guys. I'm wondering a couple things. Has anyone bedded a Tikka T3 and how did it turn out? Also looking for a recommendation in the Calgary area for someone who can do a quality job at a reasonable price.

The details of the rifle I'm looking to have bedded are as follows. Tikka T3 7mm RM in a factory laminate stock. The rifle shoots MOA pretty consistently but has a lot of slop in the recoil lug area. I have a titanium lug, not the factory aluminum.
Thx gents
Old 10-13-2020, 10:14 PM

I have a T3X in 7mm RM in laminate stock and factory lug. I have been shooting hornady American whitetail (interlock bullet) in 154 grain. I had it bedded by Henry Rempel. Groups tightened up nicely. I’d recommend him to do the work, he’s awesome. His pricing is very fair too, so I think it will check all of your boxes. He’s based out of Langdon so from NW Calgary it’s a ways out, but I’d easily say it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2020, 10:19 PM

Default X2

I would definately consider taking it to Henry Remple.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg View Post
I would definately consider taking it to Henry Remple.

Cannot go wrong with doing that!
Old 10-14-2020, 12:43 PM
Banned

x5
Old 10-14-2020, 02:11 PM

Default Bedding

Thanks guys. I'll give him a call. He seems to have many happy customers. 👍
Old 10-15-2020, 02:22 AM

Never had him bed a rifle but I have had him do some other work. Remple does very nice work at really reasonable prices. Hard pressed to beat him in Calgary.
Old 10-15-2020, 01:12 PM

Thumbs up bedding T3

Henry, is my #1 go to Guy. Used him for several yrs. and never a flaw in his workmanship, price and turn around time is great. Make a point of stopping in on my way down to High river. from Ne Alta. worth it. !! Kap Crk.
Old 10-15-2020, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpk1982 View Post
Thanks guys. I'll give him a call. He seems to have many happy customers. 👍
he just stuffed a proof carbon sendero contour barrel in a tiny cz 527 american walnut stock for me, and it doesn't look like you could fit bill around it, but by golly that minimal gap is perfect all the way to the bedding, the bill goes all the way, not a lot of meat left on that stock stuffing that fatty into it, i had no doubts he'd get it done, been using him for all my builds for at least a decade, maybe a dozen plus years now, great work, great guy too

oh and he's done tikka's and sako a7's for me a number of times and i'm sure he's done bazillions of them so he's got you covered, see about a muzzle brake and thread protector while your there if you want the full meal deal
Old 10-15-2020, 02:19 PM

Default Tikka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
he just stuffed a proof carbon sendero contour barrel in a tiny cz 527 american walnut stock for me, and it doesn't look like you could fit bill around it, but by golly that minimal gap is perfect all the way to the bedding, the bill goes all the way, not a lot of meat left on that stock stuffing that fatty into it, i had no doubts he'd get it done, been using him for all my builds for at least a decade, maybe a dozen plus years now, great work, great guy too

oh and he's done tikka's and sako a7's for me a number of times and i'm sure he's done bazillions of them so he's got you covered, see about a muzzle brake and thread protector while your there if you want the full meal deal
Haha I just might do that.

Did you notice a improvement in your Tikkas after bedding? Also, after bedding a rifle do you need to tweak existing loads?
Old 10-15-2020, 02:45 PM

Quote:

Did you notice a improvement in your Tikkas after bedding? Also, after bedding a rifle do you need to tweak existing loads?
I have only experimented with this in 2 instances. One instance was a factory rem 700 BDL I purchased new and worked up a load for and subsequently tossed in a McMillan stock and had it bedded. It shot the same load better and more consistently then previous. The second was a pencil barrel Ruger m77, I bedded and floated the barrel and it shot considerably worse re adding a pressure point smartened it up again. As a rule most rifles I have all get bedded and floated prior to load development.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:

i don't really shoot anything before, they go to Henry out of the box, one tikka maybe did, didn't notice much difference in accuracy, i just can't not do it, i didn't like the somewhat squishier action screw tightening, i like it when it just locks up so taking things apart for cleaning etc. it's repeatable
Old 10-16-2020, 09:59 PM

Quote:
i don't really shoot anything before, they go to Henry out of the box, one tikka maybe did, didn't notice much difference in accuracy, i just can't not do it, i didn't like the somewhat squishier action screw tightening, i like it when it just locks up so taking things apart for cleaning etc. it's repeatable
Does this mean you pillar bed your rifles, or do you feel you get repeatable torque with just 'regular' bedding?

I'm thinking of bedding a rifle or three.

I'll add that the rifles I have in mind are older Tikkas, M55 and M65 models. They have opposing action screws, one from the top and one from the bottom, to me this adds some challenge.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:38 PM

X10 Henry Remple.
Just picked up another bedding job from him. Top notch work as always. Like some of the others here I dont even bother shooting a new, or new to me rifle until it's bedded.
Old 10-17-2020, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-regard View Post
Does this mean you pillar bed your rifles, or do you feel you get repeatable torque with just 'regular' bedding?

I'm thinking of bedding a rifle or three.

I'll add that the rifles I have in mind are older Tikkas, M55 and M65 models. They have opposing action screws, one from the top and one from the bottom, to me this adds some challenge.
Yeah he pillar beds them, should have been more clear. Basically just hand him your rifle, say make it shoot, and wait till he calls you back. 😉
Old 10-17-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Yeah he pillar beds them, should have been more clear. Basically just hand him your rifle, say make it shoot, and wait till he calls you back. 😉
This is so Henry. Man a few words but knows his sh!t.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk