Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-12-2024, 12:16 AM

Ghosts in that mans closet without a doubt. Was face to face waiting to get off a plane in Budapest, he looked pretty fresh on the way there. Face to face a couple days later waiting for first class to get off the plane in Calgary, he was haggered, like 3 days awake enjoying all that Budapest had to offer ! Was the Calgary Mayor at that time. Had 2 body guards and first class tickets were 12K each way. Looked like a 100K + party weekend with all the favors. POS
Old 03-12-2024, 05:23 AM

As mentioned, there are several NDP supporters on this site, in and out of the closet. Don't underestimate how gullible some people are. This clown will likely become the leader of the NDP and unfortunately give Smith(and Albertans) problems. The fact that the Turd got elected, reelected twice and running our country into the ground is proof of that.
Old 03-12-2024, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
There is a good number of NDP supporters on the forum. I ask, is Nenshi a good choice to lead the party? He made 3 terms in Calgary, can he do the same as the leader of the dippers? What say you?

Maybe this job pays a little better and he can finally get his own place lol
Well, there is the 3 legged stool for winning an Alberta election. Rural, Calgary and Edmonton. Who ever wins 2 of the 3 wins the whole thing. Edmonton goes NDP and last time, a good chunk of Calgary went NDP. Depends if Nenshi can leverage his time as Calgary Mayor to win Calgary. If he does that, NDP wins
Old 03-12-2024, 07:00 AM

Nenshi is a strong candidate. Probably give the NDP the best chance of winning a general election as it’ll help them lock up Calgary. Especially since Gondek’s extremely poor job as mayor so far is only making Nenshi’s tenure seem better and better in retrospect.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Nenshi is a strong candidate. Probably give the NDP the best chance of winning a general election as it’ll help them lock up Calgary. Especially since Gondek’s extremely poor job as mayor so far is only making Nenshi’s tenure seem better and better in retrospect.
She’s doing that poorly eh? Wow. As much as he seems like a wacko, Gil at least wants the job and knows what he stands for. Nenshi=another trudud.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:31 AM

dip membership cost me 10 bucks , now just gotta figure out which one is the worst choice before i vote
Old 03-12-2024, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I’d rather be outdoors View Post
She’s doing that poorly eh? Wow. As much as he seems like a wacko, Gil at least wants the job and knows what he stands for. Nenshi=another trudud.
The active recall petition for Gonek has been gaining steam, albeit it has no chance of meeting the 514,000 signatures required. However, is a good sign of the disapproval.
Old 03-12-2024, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
This is probably true, hopefully they stay true to who runs the party and they elect some real nut job as leader.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-12-2024, 08:32 AM

Smile Don't underestimate this guy!

Governments don't last forever in a democracy especially in Alberta, anyone remember, The United Farmers, Social Credit? People vote against a party just as much as they vote for one.

Last time I'm told that some of the ND candidateds didn't even know that they were on the ballot and they won. Not this time.

Well you have "male" running against a female, that may help, his ethnic backgroup will both help and hurt, he is an experienced politician that will certainly help, that's about it for me.

I wouldn't have got into this race if he didn't think that he could win, so don't underestimate your opponent, and be careful of skeletons in closets. Remember that an ex mayor of Calgary who was an outsider got to be premier.
Old 03-12-2024, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahfaye View Post
Ghosts in that mans closet without a doubt. Was face to face waiting to get off a plane in Budapest, he looked pretty fresh on the way there. Face to face a couple days later waiting for first class to get off the plane in Calgary, he was haggered, like 3 days awake enjoying all that Budapest had to offer ! Was the Calgary Mayor at that time. Had 2 body guards and first class tickets were 12K each way. Looked like a 100K + party weekend with all the favors. POS

Found the Russian/Chinese bot!
Old 03-12-2024, 10:29 AM

Well could be interesting in next election. Notley got All of Edmonton and most of Calgary. This new Ex Calgary Mayor could also Win All of Calgary. If I was Danelle I might be a little worried.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Well could be interesting in next election. Notley got All of Edmonton and most of Calgary. This new Ex Calgary Mayor could also Win All of Calgary. If I was Danelle I might be a little worried.
And that is my biggest concern!
I was listening to him talking on an interview and this guy can talk better than Turd! Holy cow was he yapping away! His attacks on Danielle Smith and UCP were vicious! He didn’t mince the words. Dangerous, deranged, unqualified, clueless etc etc etc.. This guy can be a problem…
Old 03-12-2024, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
And that is my biggest concern!
I was listening to him talking on an interview and this guy can talk better than Turd! Holy cow was he yapping away! His attacks on Danielle Smith and UCP were vicious! He didn’t mince the words. Dangerous, deranged, unqualified, clueless etc etc etc.. This guy can be a problem…
I heard snippets of that QR77 interview on Ched this am. He sure went quick to the Liberal playbook of fear mongering against the UCP. Smith aint no dummy and will hold her own against him if he wins.

The the town halls/debates between the dipper wanna be leaders will be fun watching them attack each other. Should be some fireworks. Gil & Nenshi will want all the attention on them.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:20 PM

Smile Suggestions for the Premier?

IME when things get close in politics the politicians instead to trying to widen their appeal move closer to the voters that they already have. You can see this in Trump's campaign right now. I think the NDs in Ottawa are doing the same thing.

My advice to the Premier is to try to widen her base and resist the tempatation to try to appeal more to the voters that she already has, but that can be a very tough sell.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:53 PM

Interestingly how everyone assumes Nenshi will win the leadership race
Old 03-12-2024, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordfishing View Post
Just the dippers on the forum. Dippers will stay true to a female leader.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordfishing View Post
On the kooky scale he's a 10. Makes him a perfect fit
Old 03-12-2024, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
IME when things get close in politics the politicians instead to trying to widen their appeal move closer to the voters that they already have. You can see this in Trump's campaign right now. I think the NDs in Ottawa are doing the same thing.

My advice to the Premier is to try to widen her base and resist the tempatation to try to appeal more to the voters that she already has, but that can be a very tough sell.
Otoole tried to appeal to voters that weren't conservative thinking, and he drove away hard core conservatives.
Old 03-12-2024, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I heard snippets of that QR77 interview on Ched this am. He sure went quick to the Liberal playbook of fear mongering against the UCP. Smith aint no dummy and will hold her own against him if he wins.

The the town halls/debates between the dipper wanna be leaders will be fun watching them attack each other. Should be some fireworks. Gil & Nenshi will want all the attention on them.
Smith will turn him to shreds! She is wittier than him and she does not play gentle! Her words are cut and dry and he is blubbering like the Turd….
But the problem is Calgary! His home town might back him up if he is a leader during the provincial elections…. That’s what I’m afraid of.
Old 03-12-2024, 05:04 PM

Nenshi is no slam dunk. When he left the mayor's office he had accumulated a lot of baggage.

He's motivated by revenge against Smith going back to they're days at the UC.

He has named recognition but the election is 3 years away. Edmonton might embrace him but he's wore out his welcome in Calgary.

He's never been a member of the ndp and there will be plenty of resentment towards him. He will be seen as an interloper who hasn't proven his ndp chops in the trenches
Old 03-12-2024, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
hopefully they stay true to who runs the party and they elect some real nut job as leader.
This is guaranteed regardless of the outcome.
Old 03-12-2024, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
otoole tried to appeal to voters that weren't conservative thinking, and he drove away hard core conservatives.
100% Steady as she goes for Smith. Nenshi is basically trudud.
Old 03-12-2024, 06:43 PM

By the time he left office, Nenshi's shine had rubbed off for a lot of voters. He's no sure thing in Calgary anymore, but he'll be able to attract others that don't know how much Nenshi will cost them yet.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Smith will turn him to shreds! She is wittier than him and she does not play gentle! Her words are cut and dry and he is blubbering like the Turd….
But the problem is Calgary! His home town might back him up if he is a leader during the provincial elections…. That’s what I’m afraid of.
Political views aside, I do not think Danielle would fair well in a debate against him. Love him or hate him, lots hate him he is very polished and well spoken.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:52 PM

Terrifies me to think this pinhead and the turd could be in power at the same time!!
Old 03-12-2024, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken3134 View Post
Political views aside, I do not think Danielle would fair well in a debate against him. Love him or hate him, lots hate him he is very polished and well spoken.
He chose not to run in Calgary at the end of his last term. I'll guess he has some money guys behind him. I can't see him entering a race that his team thinks he'll lose to Hoffman

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 03-12-2024, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken3134 View Post
My dog speaks more eloquently than Nenshi.
Old 03-12-2024, 09:12 PM

He will swing the Muslim vote which in several ridings in NW/NE Calgary, that where won by a narrow margin last election by the UCP. Edmonton will do what is best for the unions and the government employees and the rest of Alberta be damned. Lethbridge is also becoming a bastion of NDP supporters. The biggest problem is that the city's now control the electoral seat advantage just like Toronto, Vancouver, etc. do Federally. Most importantly UCP voters need to vote in droves, not just throw their hands up in the air and say it is all for nothing and stay home and whine about how this country is falling apart!
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 03-13-2024, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
He will swing the Muslim vote which in several ridings in NW/NE Calgary, that where won by a narrow margin last election by the UCP. Edmonton will do what is best for the unions and the government employees and the rest of Alberta be damned. Lethbridge is also becoming a bastion of NDP supporters. The biggest problem is that the city's now control the electoral seat advantage just like Toronto, Vancouver, etc. do Federally. Most importantly UCP voters need to vote in droves, not just throw their hands up in the air and say it is all for nothing and stay home and whine about how this country is falling apart!
I wouldn’t be so sure about him getting the Muslim votes… He is openly gay and Muslims usually throw people like him from the roof tops in their home countries…. He will get more rainbow voters than anybody else, that’s for sure!
Was listening today to the interview again on630 CHED and he said that the reason he decided to run is that the current UCP government is dangerous, incompetent and simply deranged…
Old 03-13-2024, 08:50 PM

His use of terms like immoral directed at the UCP makes it very easy to see that he is enraged with the whole policy about hormone blockers, surgery and pronouns. I'd opine that it's the driving force behind him wanting to run.