Old 12-27-2019, 09:28 PM

A spankering
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 12-27-2019, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Lol. I see you know nothing.
Again TM, please enlighten me on the virtues of Edmonton's goaltenders, because as you've so eloquently stated, I know nothing.

By your statement you obviously are much more knowledgeable on the goal tending situation, do tell us how well positioned Edmonton is with that porous tandem

How many games is this that I've had to ask this question since my post #1297?

Reality sucks and it don't stop pucks
Old 12-27-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Just got back from the Keg...what did I miss?
If you've seen the Oilers play once during the last 13 years, nothing.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:30 PM

Default So

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
Again TM, please enlighten me on the virtues of Edmonton's goaltenders, because as you've so eloquently stated, I know nothing.

By your statement you obviously are much more knowledgeable on the goal tending situation, do tell us how well positioned Edmonton is with that porous tandem

You dint get nuffin fer Christmas obviously captain Joy

Hokay boys.... send me yer emails so I can square up wit ya.

Guess imma drinkin pop for a bit.....

Dammit
Old 12-27-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaltender View Post
He looks like he forgot what day it was and was crushing Christmas dinner w/ drinks 30 mins before the game.
I was thinking more like an ODR superstar who just crushed a pack of cigarettes
Whheeezzzz couch wheez cough it up. Stand and watch a bit. Hang by blue line get puck lose it with a poor pass.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricki Bobby View Post
Koskinen vs Rittich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
This would be the preferred matchup.

BW
Yup, but for which team?
Old 12-27-2019, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post

Dammit
He earned every syllable.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:

You seem to know a pile. So who should they get ?? Who’s available right now today.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:43 PM
Banned

Whats with all the BOOOOOOO's falling down on that team?

You are at the 1/2 way point and still hanging onto a Playoff spot. (Though looking who is coming up behind you and how many games they have in hand is scary)

Not a good look.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:44 PM

Jeez my daughter & her family were out to visit, that's bad scheduling. Need to talk to the social convener Sure looks like the Oil are in a bad state about now, mebbe the toughest thing in the game when your stopper can't even get you a sniff!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 12-27-2019, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
So you guys are getting spanked 5-1 by a non-playoff team? Ya-ahhh!
The playoff picture appears to be changing.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:50 PM

Man. It is not the goalies job to steal you every game cause you decide to hang them out to dry. Goaltending is not the major issue. The constant blown coverages and lack of effort is much more of a concern right now. 1 goal isn’t gonna win you a game in this league. Vancouver game we gave up how many grade a chances ???
Old 12-27-2019, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk eater View Post
You seem to know a pile. So who should they get ?? Who’s available right now today.
You're right, aside from the 2 wonder boys, the roster is basically an American League team. Patrick Roy teamed with Martin Brodeur in their prime couldn't win with that over a full season, especially if 1 or both of the wiz kids go down with injury.

Way to plan ahead, start looking today. What did the GM dejour do in the off season to improve the position?

Oh that's right, he signed Smith

And most on here still wouldn't swap Smith for Talbot. Stuborn is as stuborn does (or doesn't)

Last edited by YYC338; 12-27-2019 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Man. It is not the goalies job to steal you every game cause you decide to hang them out to dry. Goaltending is not the major issue. The constant blown coverages and lack of effort is much more of a concern right now. 1 goal isn’t gonna win you a game in this league. Vancouver game we gave up how many grade a chances ???
Yeah, but when the goalie can't stop a beach ball, it deflates the rest of the team and is reflected in their performance
Old 12-27-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
You're right, aside from the 2 wonder boys, the roster is basically an American League team. Patrick Roy teamed with Martin Brodeur in their prime couldn't win with that over a full season, especially if 1 or both of the wiz kids go down with injury.

Way to plan ahead, start looking today. What did the GM dejour do in the off season to improve the position?

Oh that's right, he signed Smith

And most on here still wouldn't swap Smith for Talbot. Stuborn is as stuborn does (or doesn't)
Sorry to tell you we did not swap Talbot for smith. Talbot came to the Flames from philly. And the current GM has nothing to do with that.

Holland is still dealing with the mess left to him and until some of those contracts run out this offseason his hands are tied. Don’t forget he straight out told all fans that the goal was to compete for a playoff spot not a given. Until we are out of Chia hell there is not a pile he can do.

Who would you use for trade bait today ??

He traded Lucic for a 16 goal scorer and a better contract.

He created compete in our line up to make guys more competitive in the bottom 6 which is better than last year.

I’d be asking questions like where is Nuge this year ? Why are guys not improving the details in their game ? Why do we give up 30 plus shots a night and never take 30 ?
Old 12-27-2019, 10:21 PM
Banned

Jesus that Bessie is a man of his word. Paid up at the end of the second!!
:-)

Just joking, he didn't give up till the fat lady actually sang.

Class act that guy.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:

Hokay boys.... send me yer emails so I can square up wit ya.

Guess imma drinkin pop for a bit.....

Dammit
As always, Bessie is quick to square up, I'm gonna enjoy it. You'll get it back sooner or later anyway, they are more like 'loaner' bottles between us. You're a good sport about it. Happy New Year.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-27-2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
It's not "who is available right now, today", it's who was available and the GM went and signed the oldest and arguably worst of the crop of best FA goalies the leagues ever seen, including Bob, Lehner, Varlamov, Mrazek, Talbot, McElhinney, etc.

That aside, splitting starts between the two current options is a bit confusing.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
It's not "who is available right now, today", it's who was available and the GM went and signed the oldest and arguably worst of the crop of best FA goalies the leagues ever seen, including Bob, Lehner, Varlamov, Mrazek, Talbot, McElhinney, etc.

That aside, splitting starts between the two current options is a bit confusing.
We signed who we could afford. And Tippet is right. Neither of them can handle the majority of the load. We know smith can’t and we all seen what happened to Kosk last year.

Smith was never signed as a solution. He is only on a one year contract. Poof we drop a pile of contracts and trade a Dman with a year left on their contract. Now you can chase a goalie to sign.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry to tell you we did not swap Talbot for smith. Talbot came to the Flames from philly. And the current GM has nothing to do with that.
Don't be sorry, you really don't understand what's going on. Both goalies were FA's over the summer. Your GM picked the wrong one. Is it becoming clearer now? Earlier this season it was asked if oiler fans would rather have Talbot than Smith given their play. The reply was they wouldn't swap goalies. Try and keep up, things move fast for oilers fans.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:00 PM

Jamie.... TC...... I’ll gets youse guys next time!

Cept I’ll maybe be at that game. Good good buddy o mine gave me 2 tix!

Jan 11

Go Oil!!
Old 12-27-2019, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Don't be sorry, you really don't understand what's going on. Both goalies were FA's over the summer. Your GM picked the wrong one. Is it becoming clearer now? Earlier this season it was asked if oiler fans would rather have Talbot than Smith given their play. The reply was they wouldn't swap goalies. Try and keep up, things move fast for oilers fans.
So Talbot wins 3 games for ya and he’s the man. OK.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
We signed who we could afford. And Tippet is right. Neither of them can handle the majority of the load. We know smith can’t and we all seen what happened to Kosk last year.

Smith was never signed as a solution. He is only on a one year contract. Poof we drop a pile of contracts and trade a Dman with a year left on their contract. Now you can chase a goalie to sign.
"We signed who we could afford" Have you been drinking the Oiler GM Kool-Aid?

CURTIS McELHINNEY $1.3MM cap hit
MIKE SMITH $2.0MM cap hit

More properly Edmonton paid more for less and older as well. But thems just the facts
Old 12-27-2019, 11:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
So Talbot wins 3 games for ya and he’s the man. OK.
If I had to start either of them 15 times in the last half of the season I know who I'd pick.

Keep playing Smith he'll solve your problems because he really is da man.
Old 12-28-2019, 12:05 AM

Quote:
"We signed who we could afford" Have you been drinking the Oiler GM Kool-Aid?

CURTIS McELHINNEY $1.3MM cap hit
MIKE SMITH $2.0MM cap hit

More properly Edmonton paid more for less and older as well. But thems just the facts
I’m sure he would have much rather signed in Edmonton for one year than in Tampa for two. Derp!!!!

Just a fact. A very important one when you pay no personal income tax to the state of Florida.

Another three win goalie. Keep trying

Do you even watch hockey ?
Old 12-28-2019, 12:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
I’m sure he would have much rather signed in Edmonton for one year than in Tampa for two. Derp!!!!

Just a fact. A very important one when you pay no personal income tax to the state of Florida.

Another three win goalie. Keep trying

Do you even watch hockey ?
You're right again.

Why would anyone sign in Edmonton when they could sign in Tampa! Excellent point!

As of now, younger, better win and save percentage, but let's see how the year plays out. Maybe Smith will catch up. We'll have to revisit at year end

Oh yeah, of course Edmonton only wanted a one year term, They've got sooo many better options in the hopper for next year. You claimed it was a cap problem, $1.3MM is better than $2.0MM for the cap, but hang on to that term thingy. Edmonton will have to pay somebody next year. Even at the league minimum of $750K I'm sure even an oiler fan can do the math over the same two years.

You couldn't even figure out the Talbot & Smith signings.

Do you know anything about anything?

Last edited by YYC338; 12-28-2019 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:16 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Heartless hockey for the oilers....pure and simple...not even a muck up to get the troops worked up....wife was there with my sone and people simply walked out and those who stayed boo'd.....says lots about thier fan base....sad.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-28-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Heartless hockey for the oilers....pure and simple...not even a muck up to get the troops worked up....wife was there with my sone and people simply walked out and those who stayed boo'd.....says lots about thier fan base....sad.
Fan base needs to send a message too. Your right though the game was brutal and the Oilers did very little to rally the troops. Would have been nice to see a muck up when down 2-0.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
I'd say selling out on a regular basis and being far and away the worst team of the last decade says something about their fan base.

And before one of you loyalists go posting about cup wins before color TV, McDavid, your new arena, or some other team in the league, it's coming from one of your own: "...now assured to have watched the poorest performing club of the entire decade...".

Link

They did this last year too didn't they? Wonder what it is, goalies can't maintain for the season, guys just lose the desire, takes other teams 30 games to remember how to shut down McDavid, other teams continue to mesh while the Oilers peak and then remain.....
Old 12-28-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Jamie.... TC...... I’ll gets youse guys next time!

Cept I’ll maybe be at that game. Good good buddy o mine gave me 2 tix!

Jan 11

Go Oil!!
I'll take the game bet as always, any time Bessie....the pendulum has to swing back sooner or later, right?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone