Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-04-2016, 11:55 AM

Smile Moose in wmu 150?

Hello every one, need some advice on wmu 150 any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a priority 15 for moose and I'd like to stay closer to home if possible. I hear guys saying there's moose in that zone and or around that zone. Does any one have any info or exsperiance with that?
Thanks
Old 06-04-2016, 12:29 PM
Banned

There's a few. Put on a million miles and you'll find one. The Mega honker that lived there is dead, but there are still some around. The first year or two it was a good bet, but the easy bulls are dead and the biggest are gone too. Staying close to home might be convenient, but I bet you spend more in fuel trying to find what you're looking for than you would have going to a zone with more moose.

Waiting that long I'm guessing you want a big bull. I'd pick a zone that is newer to having a season. The natives have hammered the couple Giants from 116, but they generally shoot from the road. With a little effort a zone like that is more likely to pay off...or another southern wmu...
Old 06-04-2016, 02:27 PM

Thanks for the info, I'm not really looking for a monster would just like to fill the freezer, the only reason I've been waiting so long is cuz I haven't had the time to put in to go, allways hunting something els lol. I've heard from a few guys that around Oyen and Acadia vally there's a lot of moose as well? I've seen them early in the morning north of Oyen off of Hwy 41 while driving to Lloyd.