Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-02-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky7mm View Post
For many things to function there needs to be give and take, when its only take and take the system fails. If fees where increased to weed out the less serious and abusers, And the money went to wildlife it would be a great thing.
Why do the less serious need weeding out?

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-02-2016, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Bingo Piker, here is where the elitism sneaks in
Old 06-02-2016, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
You would need to go back and read the whole thread and also the 999 is best thread to get my answer. It doesnt have anything to do with elitism either.

If there world is warming why is there so many new snowflakes?

If we are all equal why are you demanding special treatment?
Old 06-02-2016, 06:35 PM

The draw fees should be more. I applied for 9 draws and it cost just over $34. I don't see that as being much money for 9 draws. This year I applied for a bonus point( kind of a version of 999) only on a draw in one of the states and it cost over $170 US. That's quite a difference. In some states when you apply for a draw you must pay the full cost of the tag up front and if you are not drawn you get your money refunded. I think this would be a good idea. It may weed out some of the people who aren't that serious and apply just cause it's cheap. It would also eliminate people from being drawn and not buying the tag. ( I 'm assuming it happens sometime)
Old 06-02-2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
Sounds good on the surface but there are a few concerns here. What about non-residents who apply for our draws ? I would be ticked if I have to buy a Sask habitat certificate to apply for their whitetail draw considering I know I won't likely be hunting there.

Or what if your personal circumstances change, say you have major surgery booked during the big game season ? What about some of the people affected this year with the fires ?

I don't know of any current draw system that requires the individual to provide a habitat or wildlife certificate first to qualify. We even apply South of the boarder...

No I don't agree... Take antelope, say 10 years to draw, as it stands at 3.65 your investment is under 40 in ten year. Family of 3 - 4 would cost under 150 for ten year. Bump this draw to 20, individual is $ 200 and family of 4 would be 800.. This is only one of these premium tags.. Can't price the less fortunate out of the game.

But rifles, bullets, gas, and meat processing equipment are free? I'm not following. Wild meat is the most expensive meat in the world. Sustenance hunters don't exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2016, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckwell View Post
But rifles, bullets, gas, and meat processing equipment are free? I'm not following. Wild meat is the most expensive meat in the world. Sustenance hunters don't exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bet you would be surprised as to how economical the sport can be and there are many who enjoy this passion with-out breaking the bank. No different than anything else, some purchase 80 thousand dollar trucks to take the kids to school and get groceries, others don't.