Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-20-2020, 08:48 AM

If this was already brought up then I apologize but if you google most of these well known politicians names with draft dodger you might be surprised about what comes up.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
If you watch certain posts long enough you will soon see he's a record on repeat.....repeat......repeat......repeat.
Nothing changes, just an opinion of how poor of a public speaker he is has an ego, and is a narcissist . Nothing of substance. It's almost like a weird obsession. Kinda creepy really
Not sure if this is directed at anyone in particular, but I am guilty of it for sure. This is a thread about Biden vs. Trump so my comments were general and not specific.

Although, yes, I also rinse/repeat, so do many of his supporters - so that knife cuts both ways - so let's be fair about it.

Other threads have yielded more substance ….. for example

1) His record on the economy and what he claims it is versus how it compares to other administrations. It's unremarkable.

2) His record on foreign policy decisions, one example being what he did to the Kurds and what impact that had then, and, ironically, now with the oil prices as a result of production of sanctioned capacity moved through Turkey and into the market ( I bet he didn't see that one coming ….. or did he). The US, before pulling out and handing it over to Russia was positioned to prevent that. Now the Russians have moved in and the oil flows again. Russia is laughing and we are crying. This could be another thread.

3) His position on NAFTA

And, let's be honest here, His position and Actions on so many other things …… there are dozens of discussion threads here - so it's not fair to say it's all window dressing and here is it.

Just trying to be fair here, I'd say your comments aren't.

As a matter of fact - if there is any one group that posts the "one liner" fist pumps with no substance …….. you might want to look closer there.

This thread is about Biden and Trump.

Perhaps if you want substance, give us some policy differences to discuss - and then we will have some substance - of not, let's rinse and repeat.
Old 04-20-2020, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
How’d you like it when he didn’t denounce white supremacists in Virginia and added massive amounts to the national debt? Didn’t he say he’d make the country debt free in four years?
Except he did, and he tried. You seem to forge that congress sets the budget.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.
Old 04-20-2020, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post

His initial response was that there were "fine people on both sides." Can you defend that? Have you ever described a group of people, many of which were waving Nazi flags and chanting "Blood and Soil," as fine people?

And he may have tried, but he failed. I never said that he didn't try, I said that he said that he was going to. Is saying you're going to do something and then not doing it not a failure?
Old 04-20-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesB View Post

Let's be honest here for a minute. Only after a few days of massive pressure from the media, his own party and who knows what else, he finally made a half hearted statement denouncing these racists.

It was crystal clear he didn't want to, but had to do it.

If you don't agree - that's fine - but that's how it went down and that's how most of the people see it.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Let's be honest here for a minute. Only after a few days of massive pressure from the media, his own party and who knows what else, he finally made a half hearted statement denouncing these racists.

It was crystal clear he didn't want to, but had to do it.

If you don't agree - that's fine - but that's how it went down and that's how most of the people see it.
It’s obvious by your comment that you haven’t watched the press conference and your just repeating MSM talking points.
He did condemn the Racists
Here’s the video to prove it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JmaZR8E12bs

Cheers
Old 04-20-2020, 10:26 PM

Some Democrats hate Trump so much the pay are rooting for covid19 to last longer.
Watched this video where they asked Dems in New York if a million dead from covid19 would be worth it ,if it meant getting rid of Trump. They answer was yes , any amount of dead would be okay with them .😳

I knew Trump haters hated but this is “ whole nutha level “

https://youtu.be/CbT77idLZI4
Old 04-20-2020, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer View Post
It’s obvious by your comment that you haven’t watched the press conference and your just repeating MSM talking points.

Cheers
What was his initial response?
Old 04-21-2020, 07:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
What was his initial response?
If your going to cherry pick his remarks and take them out of context I can't help you
What did he say at the 2:00 mark

Cheers
Old 04-21-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:

Cheers
Re-read what I said, try and be at least fair, and stop ignoring and picking pieces out of my statement.

I did acknowledge he made the statement - but I also said it was a couple days later and only after he was put under the pressure of his own party and the media.

That's a fact.

I have no intention of arguing with repetitive, circular arguments that ignore substance and reality.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:14 PM

Default ummm...

Quote:
Re-read what I said, try and be at least fair, and stop ignoring and picking pieces out of my statement.

I did acknowledge he made the statement - but I also said it was a couple days later and only after he was put under the pressure of his own party and the media.

That's a fact.

I have no intention of arguing with repetitive, circular arguments that ignore substance and reality.
You do know that ALL stringer writes about on this board are trump things....

just that.... thats it....

I think hes real real busy on other boards doing his job...... $$
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 04-21-2020, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:

That's a fact.

The fact is that the video I posted was from the day after the violence broke out in Charlottesville.
It's quite obvious that he did indeed clarify his remarks within 2:00 min not a couple of days as you seem to suggest.

Cheers
Old 04-21-2020, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
You do know that ALL stringer writes about on this board are trump things....

just that.... thats it....

I think hes real real busy on other boards doing his job...... $$
Someone has to correct all the FAKE NEWS you try and pass as fact

Cheers
Old 04-21-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
The fact is that the video I posted was from the day after the violence broke out in Charlottesville.
It's quite obvious that he did indeed clarify his remarks within 2:00 min not a couple of days as you seem to suggest.

Cheers
Like I said - I have no intention of arguing with repetitive, circular arguments that ignore substance and reality.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:20 PM

I'm glad I don't have to chose between the two but having said that I can't fathom why anyone would trust the current occupant of the oval office.
Old 04-21-2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headdamage View Post
I'm glad I don't have to chose between the two but having said that I can't fathom why anyone would trust the current occupant of the oval office.
Better the devil you know than the devil who can’t remember .... the thing with the the thing
Old 04-21-2020, 06:04 PM

hydroxychloroquine Is a bust. Another pie in the sky.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAlberta View Post
hydroxychloroquine Is a bust. Another pie in the sky.
It’s a game changer! Tremendous promise!