Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-05-2021, 09:37 PM

Default LIberal platform on guns

People really need to watch this, Runkel interpreting what they are talking about;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0qD51ZASl0
Old 09-05-2021, 10:37 PM

My Lord that is frightening ,isn't it!
Lord help us if they get in again !
Cat
Old 09-05-2021, 11:33 PM

Between that, lack of respect for the courts and Parliament, ethics, corruption, the weakening of some things in the Criminal code, the lies, the spending, property taxation and in the case of firearms, forced property confiscation with our own money, monitoring of speech, the list goes on.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Between that, lack of respect for the courts and Parliament, ethics, corruption, the weakening of some things in the Criminal code, the lies, the spending, property taxation and in the case of firearms, forced property confiscation with our own money, monitoring of speech, the list goes on.
All of this is accurate. The scary part isn't the Liberals and their policies, but that Trudeau is still in the running to win this election, at least according to the polls. Goes to show how broken this country is when so many people are still considering voting for "ol Black Face".
Old 09-06-2021, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
All of this is accurate. The scary part isn't the Liberals and their policies, but that Trudeau is still in the running to win this election, at least according to the polls. Goes to show how broken this country is when so many people are still considering voting for "ol Black Face".
The truly scary part, is that there are AO members, who are supposedly outdoorsmen, that intend to vote liberal.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The truly scary part, is that there are AO members, who are supposedly outdoorsmen, that intend to vote liberal.
Agreed. And there are women who would vote for Trudeau after all that he’s done to undermine so many women. I seriously don’t understand how anyone could vote for that creep.
Old 09-06-2021, 09:39 AM
Banned

Under the left wing control, we Canadian are constantly giving away more and more of our rights, heading straight towards an authoritarian society. It’s a scary reality unfortunately. I think the best we can do is vote conservative, although I think even then it’s only a matter of time before the loud mouths of the left get their way, like what’s happening with illegally mandated vaccine passports to enjoy freedoms outlined in our constitution.

Will we let them take all our rights here in Canada? It’s looking that way.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:24 AM

It doesn't matter if it is right or wrong. The scary part is it is what an ever increasing majority of people want.

Trudeau would never be on the anti gun bandwagon if he knew it would harm his attempts at being elected but he is pushing it and pushing hard.

A pro gun stance or even a stance of gun tolerance by a political party is harmful to their chances of election at least at this point in history.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:00 PM

Otoole has done another flip, so much for not attacking Canadian Firearms Owners.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/fed...arms-list.html

Quote:
Second, the present ban on a number of other firearms that were reclassified in 2020 will remain in place,” O’Toole told reporters during a campaign stop in Vancouver Sunday.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:27 PM

Default they're all

not to be trusted with anything.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:16 AM

As much as it is wrong to criminalize legal and law abiding gun owners, we are but a small fraction of the population.

I’ve talked to once a year hunters who would vote liberal due to family life and other things such as the legalization of marijuana. Many of these once a year hunters are uneducated when it comes to rifles. Many of these guys hear the word assault and military rifles and agree that as hunters we don’t need them and they should be illegal much the same as the general population who doesn’t know any difference.

Once they ban these. Then they will go after others. Liberals have also pledged 1 billion to handgun bans.

What party is the lesser of the evils now?
Old 09-07-2021, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D View Post
As much as it is wrong to criminalize legal and law abiding gun owners, we are but a small fraction of the population.

I’ve talked to once a year hunters who would vote liberal due to family life and other things such as the legalization of marijuana. Many of these once a year hunters are uneducated when it comes to rifles. Many of these guys hear the word assault and military rifles and agree that as hunters we don’t need them and they should be illegal much the same as the general population who doesn’t know any difference.

Once they ban these. Then they will go after others. Liberals have also pledged 1 billion to handgun bans.

What party is the lesser of the evils now?
We know that Trudeau will take our firearms, there is no doubt as to that, Otoole may pursue future bans and restrictions, and he may not, he may be trying to buy liberal votes by appearing to support more restrictions, and he could flip again if elected. It's like being forced to take one of two injections, one that you know will kill you, and one that might kill you.
Old 09-07-2021, 10:14 AM

No doubt the liberals will take away your pellet gun if that had the chance.

It erked me that the conservatives even said they will let the ban remain in place.

I do agree the classification does need an overhaul. Too much is based off simply model numbers when it doesn’t take into consideration how the firearms actually work.

The problem is, that may open a can of worms against most all semi autos which is what the ban did.
Old 09-07-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
We know that Trudeau will take our firearms, there is no doubt as to that, Otoole may pursue future bans and restrictions, and he may not, he may be trying to buy liberal votes by appearing to support more restrictions, and he could flip again if elected. It's like being forced to take one of two injections, one that you know will kill you, and one that might kill you.
Perfect analogy
Old 09-07-2021, 10:29 PM

I'm not buying that he has flipped, seems to me that he has tried to tone it down and take away the Libs attack vectors as much as he can, and keep the focus on them and their BS. Coming out with a pro-gun stance in an election in the east, where he needs seats, and will get vilified for it, is probably counter productive at the moment, so, he's toned it down, made it look as though he has given in. I do believe he will repeal the OIC's and replace them with classifications that make more sense, and fix ATT's. He has too many pro gun MP's to keep him honest, and I don't think he himself is actually inclined at all towards keepin things the way they are. We may lose some guns, there were actual military items in the OIC's, but I believe the bulk will be reclassified to some form of restricted, in which they will still be useable. And I think he will sort out shotguns and label fine them just as before, without the 20mm stuff applying to them. We may lose some 50cal stuff, not sure how they'll delineate that, I would expect the 10Kj rule will be modified as well, to not be such a blanket condemnation.
Wait and see, he has to get the job first. We absolutley cannot afford the Libs in power or the NDP in the driver's seat between the Libs and CPC.
Old 09-08-2021, 10:13 AM

The choice is to lose it all under the rule of the "child who would be king" or take a chance an ex military guy with some real world knowledge who may just let the issue die a slow and painful death on the back shelf.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 09-08-2021, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately being an AO member and an outdoorsman really doesn't ensure that you are informed ( smart ) enough to make a good decision and there are still some that think the Turd is good for all Canadians, that's the scary part.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 09-09-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D View Post
No doubt the liberals will take away your pellet gun if that had the chance.

It erked me that the conservatives even said they will let the ban remain in place.

I do agree the classification does need an overhaul. Too much is based off simply model numbers when it doesn’t take into consideration how the firearms actually work.

The problem is, that may open a can of worms against most all semi autos which is what the ban did.
sarcastic opening statement, but the turd did ban airsoft toys...
Old 09-16-2021, 04:23 PM

If the LIbs wind up with a minority gov't, a coalition or a majority, this is what we are facing, we will be screwed bigtime, it will affect you even if you own a 22 or shotgun with a tube mag, or any mag over 5 rds for any gun you own.
It is also all about the definition of a 5 rd mag, something that people have to understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnND3RJWxYw