Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-28-2008, 09:18 AM

Default Sandstone Ranch - Del Bonita

Hey guys / gals,

Has anyone ventured onto the Sandstone Ranch to hunt down by Del Bonita yet? I've been trying to find some information about it. There is some stuff on the internet about how the Canadian Nature Conservatory purchased the land, but I've been wondering if any special requirements for access are necessary.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:25 AM

Default Del Bonita

Is that right by the Montana Border? If so, I have hunted there for Antelope and had a great time and was successful, lots of deer and the farmers dont mind as long you dont ruin the crops and of course ask for access. Good luck!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
Is that right by the Montana Border? If so, I have hunted there for Antelope and had a great time and was successful, lots of deer and the farmers dont mind as long you dont ruin the crops and of course ask for access. Good luck!
Yes, it's very close to the border. Del Bonita is right on the border practically speaking, and from what I know about the Sandstone Ranch, it's located a few kms north of Del Bonita. We hunt that area and agree that usually farmers are quick to give you permission to hunt. From what I know, the Sandstone Ranch is public property now, or at least that's what I've been led to believe.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:46 AM

Yes you're right. I don't recall what the total purchase price was but I think that many AFGA local fish & game clubs kicked in a total of 65K toward it's purchase.

If you contact SheepHunter over on CanadianGunnutz I'm sure he could answer any questions you have.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:14 AM

I've heard you have to book a day for access. Four hunters at a time and you can only book one day at a time.