Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-19-2008, 10:50 PM

Default Need a bird hunting partner?

Just thought I would put this out to all of you experianced bird hunters.

I'm fairly new to bird hunting and I would love to tag along with someone that has experiance with upland and migratory bird hunting. I have never hunted under a dog or had the chance to sit in a blind calling in birds.

If you are set up and are looking for a partner or two I would be greatful. I must also say I don't have a good enough shotgun. So if you have a spare that would be good too. I'm looking into getting one soon...moneys tight.

If I don't get out with anyone I'm sure I can self teach myself like I usualy do.

Thanks and safe hunting.

P.s. I'm in the Lethbridge area and am limited in distance.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:13 PM

Well i`ve done a little bit of Goose hunting but am pretty familair with upland i take about 5 10 birds a year hunting by myself. I have limited experience when it comes to calling i find if you sit tight lay your decoys out you get birds by the dozen. I`m all for coming down to lethbridge if you know of any good fields i`d m be more then happy to bring down my Berreta 12 gauge shot gun for you. Keep me posted!
Old 10-21-2008, 05:18 PM

im new to the sport too but i got decoys and stuff id be game for going out with you guys too.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:42 PM

If any of you guys can get to Whitehorse this weekend I'll take you out for ducks. I'm serious, all you need is your boots. Air North flies three times a week now and it is about $600 return.

MIke
Old 10-21-2008, 08:02 PM

Talking

I am from Taber and have all anyone could need and more. Have guns, coffin blinds and hundreds of decoys 4x4 trailer boat etc. But my dog is hurt now so I will take you out later this year. I hope that in the meantime someone else takes you out for I feel that it is all of our duties to introduce new people to the sport. Feel free to PM me. Good luck and take'em
Old 10-21-2008, 08:07 PM

Anytime ya want to head out on a weekday let me know....I work a flexible schedule and have a lot of weekdays off.

Me and another member are heading out on Thursday and might have room for ya to push some birds around if you are interested.....toss me a PM....

I'm 20 minutes south of town....
Old 10-21-2008, 11:31 PM

hey guys... i'm a rookie just like huntingonthebrain, and i'd tag along with any experienced hunter... got a couple guns that would do the job... live in calgary
Old 10-22-2008, 03:23 AM

I'm same as rack master i'm free just about anytime give me a day or twos noitce and i'll be there with waiters on lol
Old 10-22-2008, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabers Best View Post
I am from Taber and have all anyone could need and more. Have guns, coffin blinds and hundreds of decoys 4x4 trailer boat etc. But my dog is hurt now so I will take you out later this year. I hope that in the meantime someone else takes you out for I feel that it is all of our duties to introduce new people to the sport. Feel free to PM me. Good luck and take'em
Hope your dog comes out ok!
Old 10-22-2008, 08:07 PM

Thanks guys! Nice to see hunters helping hunters! I'll be in touch!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:01 PM

I have never hunted down the sky carp but I'm a pretty avid Upland hunter averageing about 20 days a season. I'm in Lethbridge and have a extra gun and hunt more days then not. Let me know a day that works for you, chances are I will already be going hunting.