Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-04-2018, 03:08 PM

Found a 2017 Kubota BX25D with 2 hours on it. Equipment dealer got it from a rental company that went tits up.

Comes with the loader/bucket and backhoe.

After buddy ran over and did some haggling for me cause I'm out of town I 99% sure I'm picking it up tomorrow for 20K all in.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenSights View Post
Found a 2017 Kubota BX25D with 2 hours on it. Equipment dealer got it from a rental company that went tits up.

After buddy ran over and did some haggling for me cause I'm out of town I 99% sure I'm picking it up tomorrow for 20K all in.
Probably not that bad of a deal. Unless things have changed I think you might find the backhoe attachment useless. I did on the one I tried. The money that thing costs would go a long way to renting a true backhoe and getting the job done rather then **** around. I'd look at a rototiller, mower and snowblower.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:

Congrats! I have a couple of skid steers and a kubota Excavator. I also have the bx25d and can't say enough good things about it. For me the back hoe has been a great addition and I use it on a regular basis. Kubota engines are exceptional and are used in many different applications other than Kubota equipment. They have been powering Bobcat Skid steers for many years until Doosan bought Bobcat. I have a larger commercial zero turn mower but still bought a kubota mid mount mower for my bx 25 and it is a pleasure to use.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:30 PM

Buy only green.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:43 PM

Default no Chinese tractors, please

Kubota, JD just fine, even some other main line tractors such as Massey- Ferguson or Case-IH could work too.

But please do not not buy a Chinese-made tractor. All the ones I've seen have been absolute marvels in rough-running engines, leaky hydraulics, bouncy instruments, decaying seat foam, and so on. They really don't look worth the apparent savings.

Not sure about the Indian-made ones such as Mahindra. I must admit Mahindra does make a lot of tractors, and Indian and other Asian farmers do like them. So they might be worth checking out.

But I'd wager Kubota and JD will likely still be top picks, swear by them instead of at them, etc.

Tractor-drivin' TargetRick

PS I learned to drive on an International WD9... a few decades ago.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmanbob View Post
Buy only green.
Deutz?
Old 07-05-2018, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Deutz?
I think I'm going to be sick.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Lol
Old 07-10-2018, 08:28 AM

I’ve had the Kubota LS tractor with 28HP for about 10 years and she’s been a real workhorse for us. A couple of things that I really like in the modern little tractors are the HST, quick hitch attachment and the one lever loader controls.

The tractor is easy to use for all members of the family and it is small enough to get through gates and between trees/fences. Another advantage of a slightly bigger tractor than the sub-compact models is ground clearance. I know that I’ve appreciated the larger tires when it has snowed.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:37 AM

FWIW I believe the Deere compact tractors are built in India as well.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Montana?
Old 07-10-2018, 11:37 AM

I looked closely at both John Deer and Kubota and went with the Kubota. I found the Deer a bit too big for what my uses were. Very happy with it this past winter easy to use the loader and now that it is off, am using the belly mower.

No regrets for this purchase and the best deal I found was at Tractor Land Balzac. BTW very hard to find any used compact tractors, good luck with your search. I looked for several months and finally bit the bullet and bought new.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Montana?
Maybe hes color blind.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:28 PM

Default Kubota "Grey Market" tractors

SMALL JD is Yanmar, so very good Japanese Tractor, like Kubota.

In the used market there are a lot of "Grey Market" tractors. This means a 15 yr old + tractor from the Japanese Rice Farms, which are low hours, and tall skinny tires, for going through Rice Fields.

After 15 yrs, Japanese law requires a lot of things to be scrapped, which is where the Grey Market comes from.

I have a Kubota LT 292 / LT 2000 Grey Market. 4 Speed PTO is the give away. Not on North American product. No Power steering, but front wheel assist ( 4 x 4). NA tractors are Horse Power. Asian Tractors are Kilowatts. (29 hp = 20 kw)

Dealers hate these things, as they are sold cheap. Most are low hours, and you can get great deals. Kubota USA was able to stop the Import, but still lots coming into the Canadian market.

Go on Tractors.com and look up the NA equivalent HP and the parts are readily available from the dealer. (ie LT 292 = LT 2000).

The LT Kubotas actually have a solid frame, and are 25 + hp. You will need the power for the tiller, and the bucket.

There was an outfit in Onaway called "goodusedtractors.com". I Did not buy from him, but he was reputable, and very knowledgeable.

Nothing wrong with JD or Kubota or Yanmar. All are light years ahead of the competition.

Remember there is no fluid in the tires, and the buckets will tip the tractor if full of sand. Run with the bucket as low to the ground as possible when full or wet material.

If you buy older, look into installing a roll bar kit if one is not on it. I still need to put one on mine. Make sure it is the hinged variety so you can get it in the garage / shipping container, etc.

Drewski
Old 07-10-2018, 01:06 PM

I bought a Kubota B3200 tractor last summer after doing lots of research, some things to consider;
- buy as much horsepower as you can afford and your yard will allow. Find the sweet spot between max HP and the max weight that your willing to put on your lawn etc.
-buy a low-hour used machine if you have the cash. Rarely are these low hour machines ever run hard. To me it’s crazy to buy a new unit for $28-30k when you can buy used (under 200hrs) for $10k less.
-get hydrostatic transmission.
-spend $80 on some LED lights for your ROPS. Makes a world of difference when using the bucket at night.
-pay attention to loader capacity and hyd pump flow when comparing tractor specs. Some of these neat little units can’t lift ****** all...

That’s all I got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2018, 09:06 AM

I went with the Kubota BX25D.

Came with a bucket and backhoe.

Used it all weekend until I popped a front tire on some rocks I'm making a rock wall with.

Real impressed on what it could move. With the backhoe I dug up 4 12-16" spruce stumps to make a parking pad. Moved and spread about 10 yards of gravel quickly.

Will make a set of forks for it shortly for moving logs around with.

I wont buy a mower until my ride-on mower dies.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
I went with the Kubota BX25D.

Came with a bucket and backhoe.

Used it all weekend until I popped a front tire on some rocks I'm making a rock wall with.

Real impressed on what it could move. With the backhoe I dug up 4 12-16" spruce stumps to make a parking pad. Moved and spread about 10 yards of gravel quickly.

Will make a set of forks for it shortly for moving logs around with.

I wont buy a mower until my ride-on mower dies.
Glad you like your machine. I think Kubota is a good choice. My mistake for thinking the backhoe attachment being junk. Maybe where I used one the diggin was a little tough.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:01 PM

I bought a Kioti CS2410. And it is a piece of junk mostly. Constantly having issues. No support from the dealer I bought it from. I would never buy another one. Just a cheap pos. I could go on and on with the problems, but basically the engine and drivetrain are good. But the small things all around it are cheap junk.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:29 AM

Anyone try the newer Massey F compacts?

Wonder how they stack up with Kubota
Old 07-14-2018, 07:53 AM

i have a deere 4105 , it can do just about anything. i've run a mix mill with it , baled hay and used it like a mini dozer . its got tons of power for a 40hp . i fluid filled the tires so it doesnt flip as easy . the only drawbacks are its a base model so there is no extras , and the add on rear remote kit sucks . before it i had a jd 3032e . it was a great tractor but its loader couldnt lift round bales so i traded it in.my friend had a massey 1742 and it was a great little tractor , came well equipped and had lots of extras the deere didn't, he traded in on a deere after a year.