Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-25-2019, 02:10 PM

Default firearms ban

i think its time to break down all the crap to an equation so simple even the people in power can understand. my firear5ms are my property, if you take my land for a new road, i'm going to be compensated. if you damage my car your insurance pays to repair it. if you rin a pipeline under my land i'm entitled to cash. if you want to ban or restrict the use of my property pay me for it. give me fair market value for what you a taking away for me. let the tax payers see how much the new gun laws would cost under those circunstances and let them decide if they are willing to choke down any more tax. dont hide behind a Grandfather clause which still takes away the value from my estate, when i die, as my children cant keep or use "my property" until you are willing to come up with fair compensation i think you wont find one owner willing to back downone inch from a fight
Old 09-25-2019, 02:33 PM

That's their plan.
They don't care what it costs; they don't care what anything costs.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
That's their plan.
They don't care what it costs; they don't care what anything costs.
Bingo!! And the people that want guns gone care nothing about the cost.... how much will their actual taxes goes up? couple bucks maybe.
Old 09-25-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy3 View Post
i think its time to break down all the crap to an equation so simple even the people in power can understand. my firear5ms are my property, if you take my land for a new road, i'm going to be compensated. if you damage my car your insurance pays to repair it. if you rin a pipeline under my land i'm entitled to cash. if you want to ban or restrict the use of my property pay me for it. give me fair market value for what you a taking away for me. let the tax payers see how much the new gun laws would cost under those circunstances and let them decide if they are willing to choke down any more tax. dont hide behind a Grandfather clause which still takes away the value from my estate, when i die, as my children cant keep or use "my property" until you are willing to come up with fair compensation i think you wont find one owner willing to back downone inch from a fight

I think it's cute that you think the government: A- would feel obligated to compensate you for your property and B- that you you think the Lieberals would back away from a gun law because it might cost too much
Old 09-25-2019, 03:12 PM

They don't care what it costs, because we will pay for it.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:15 PM

jungleboy may think its cute but the rest of us had to earn the money to buy guns,therefore we paid taxes on the money then got taxed again,gst pst where applicable so why shouldnt they pay us ?
Old 09-25-2019, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy3 View Post
What you forget is there are actually no enshrined property rights in Canada.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushbug View Post
jungleboy may think its cute but the rest of us had to earn the money to buy guns,therefore we paid taxes on the money then got taxed again,gst pst where applicable so why shouldnt they pay us ?
Is sarcasm lost on you?
Old 09-25-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushbug View Post
First of all, don't get all preachy at me,I am not the enemy just a purveyor of reality . I pay taxes and then repay taxes just like you do on everything I buy.

so why shouldnt they pay us Because the Liberal gun haters, if they form government again are not obligated to pay gun owners one red cent if they ban a certain firearm. They "might" in order to pacify some voters but I wouldn't get my hopes up. They mention "fair market value" in their announcement. Well if they remove the market their isn't much value so we might get paid but my bet is it will be much much less than the purchase price.

If they decide to ban gun "A" you have 3 choices take what they offer(likely nothing) , bury it , or sell it illegally.

My advice is to quit yip yapping about your guns on a public forum.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:03 PM

100% totally in favor of a firearms ban...………….for the CRIMINALS. Just think if they bring in a firearms ban then you the law abiding upstanding citizen who pay your taxes the right way and have acquired your firearms legally will become the criminal for procession of a fire arm. Time to revolt
Old 09-25-2019, 08:34 PM

No worries boy the feds have it covered, they are going to implement a new "credit card" tax... No BS if you don't use cash they are going to charge you 2%( to start) for the privilege of not carrying cash.....

No worries boys... the Government has your back.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 09-27-2019, 03:24 AM

What could possibly go wrong with the RCMP being empowered to decide what guns get moved to what category? Which by the way, the libs are now saying, the RCMP will be in charge of what autoloaders gets banned, they don't have to define an assault weapon now. That was announced tonite. And the gov't can claim full deniability for the aftermath, as it will all be the decision of the RCMP.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:26 AM

Default Canada

Soon to be a UN compliant police state.We should have dumped the Monarchy years ago.You are a subject not a citizen with rights.Absolute power corrupts.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:29 AM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
No worries boy the feds have it covered, they are going to implement a new "credit card" tax... No BS if you don't use cash they are going to charge you 2%( to start) for the privilege of not carrying cash.....

Could you provide a link for this proposed tax?I couldn't find any info regarding this.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
They want to eliminate the swipe fee a store pays for accepting a credit card, the card company will have no choice than to pass the cost to the user, always a catch.

Another of JT's 100 election promises

https://business.financialpost.com/e...ler-businesses
Old 09-27-2019, 12:55 PM

This story reminds me of the movies from the 70/80s where the king’s guard go to the village and pillage from the farmers who are unable to defend themselves to get their “tax”
Old 09-28-2019, 07:50 AM
Shooting Xs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
They want to eliminate the swipe fee a store pays for accepting a credit card, the card company will have no choice than to pass the cost to the user, always a catch.

Another of JT's 100 election promises

https://business.financialpost.com/e...ler-businesses
I was aware of this election promise.