Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2019, 08:00 PM

Default Canadian Land Access Systems (CLAS)

Yes I know there is a thread from 2016 by the same name and it goes on to discuss it and ends up in the gutter as usual. They will claim it is paid hunting (facepalm)

I think it is a great tool for hunters. My opinion.

At first blush I didn't like it. Paying to be a member hmmmm. Then I thought the fee for being a member is a drop in the bucket for a hunter. It's no different than the NCC booking site...…….except that the NCC doesn't charge for booking their properties.

So an entrepreneur comes up with the software and goes on a crusade to get landowners to jump aboard. He/she did it, as it looks widely accepted...….just have a look at all the properties identified...…..granted some are not affiliated with CLAS and don't require any booking...….these properties are mainly tied into the ACA. Having these properties lumped together is a bonus.

So of course it's going to have a cost. Maintaining the software and relations with landowners takes sweat equity and that is what you are paying for...…..a third party. How many calls does a landowner take where hunters are asking for permission? Repeatedly telling hunters the same rules, taking names, taking dates, etc. Why not avoid all of that?

I just paid up for six months tonight and booked a hunt on Sat.

No link required......google it