Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-26-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
Count me in again too Chubb.

It will just be me this year because of the separation.

Due to my thing for nurses, I will be the guy with a barbed treble hook buried in his hand who smells like Sex Panther cologne and Axe deodorant.
should I be finding a young single nurse to bring as well than? LMAO!
Old 10-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivers86 View Post
The more the merrier, bring em along
Old 10-26-2012, 11:59 AM

I'll be helping out this year too with Geezle and Willow
Old 10-26-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivers86 View Post
I wouldn't be too terribly upset if you did!

You'll have to talk me up a LOT though. I need all the help I can get! LOL!!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't be too terribly upset if you did!

You'll have to talk me up a LOT though. I need all the help I can get! LOL!!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 10-26-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Count me in again too Chubb.

It will just be me this year because of the separation.

Due to my thing for nurses, I will be the guy with a barbed treble hook buried in his hand who smells like Sex Panther cologne and Axe deodorant.
LOL! Anchorman right?

Chubb will there be a way for members to make a financial donation to this?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGirlWolfPack View Post
LOL! Anchorman right?

X2 I would be interested in getting you some donations as well.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGirlWolfPack View Post
LOL! Anchorman right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmtobias View Post
X2 I would be interested in getting you some donations as well.

Thank You so very much, all and every contribution is greatly appreciated. We will be properly set up to accept all donations soon. on behalf of the Children ....Thanks very much.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:37 PM

[QUOTE=OneGirlWolfPack;1668856]LOL! Anchorman right?
QUOTE]

Yes. The Movie is always good for a laugh.

The stuff I have is the real deal. It's got bits of real Panther in it; so you know it's good.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:36 AM

[QUOTE=New Hunter Okotoks;1669068][QUOTE=OneGirlWolfPack;1668856]LOL! Anchorman right?
QUOTE]

Yes. The Movie is always good for a laugh.

The stuff I have is the real deal. It's got bits of real Panther in it; so you know it's good.[/

No problem Chubb, Hopefully you will get a lot of contributions. Every bit helps and the kids deserve it.

Last edited by Kanonfodder; 10-28-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:07 AM

[QUOTE=OneGirlWolfPack;1669385]
Quote:

Haha! "It smells like a turd covered in burnt hair."

No problem Chubb, Hopefully you will get a lot of contributions. Every bit helps and the kids deserve it. Note to self: Never try to make sincere comments right after talking about turds.
speaking about turds same company doing the porta-heads this time?

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 10-27-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie
speaking about turds same company doing the porta-heads this time?
I wasn't there, but got Chub in contact with Ferg's, and if you guys liked the setup I can always talk to them about supplying the toilets again (unless there are other plans, or Chub plans on talking to them himself).

Where it all takes place will probably depend on what/if they charge - PCR is just a short drive for them, so it wasn't a big hassle and as far as I know they donated them. If the venue is further, they may want payment of some kind, but who knows.

Either way, I can always get in touch with Jordy if need be.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
I wasn't there, but got Chub in contact with Ferg's, and if you guys liked the setup I can always talk to them about supplying the toilets again (unless there are other plans, or Chub plans on talking to them himself).

Where it all takes place will probably depend on what/if they charge - PCR is just a short drive for them, so it wasn't a big hassle and as far as I know they donated them. If the venue is further, they may want payment of some kind, but who knows.

setup was great, dont know what Chub has planned, but if its further Im sure we could come up with some donations to help them out.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 10-27-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherGrrrl View Post
I'll be helping out this year too with Geezle and Willow
Thank You, you Northern peeps are truely top notch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post

Thank You for your leg work last year and your offer to help again. Ferg's was just incredible and their generousity will never be forgotten.

As for other details I wish i could be more informative, but the fact remains I dont have a magic wand and get whatever whenever i want. I need to first find if i have a base of volunteers, which i have now sourced out. then i need to make application for permission to hold such a event on certain waters and within county rules. Then theres... can i get insurance for that area and event. Do I have the major sponsors on board again? The Red tape is endless, maybe so long its just a circle.
Please be patient, Im going as fast as I can. I will never be a expert at doing this type of event.

As a word of caution , please keep this thread respectfull as many interested parties will view it, thank you
Old 10-28-2012, 05:07 PM

Thank You to all those who have sent pm's. emails and text messages for offers of goods and services. Please understand i am not refussing anything, but im absolutely swamped with getting legalities in proper order. When dealling with Children and a public resource, you can imagine the form and course is a long process. I am working as fast as i can and had 5 meetings just this past week end. Thanks also to my BBM executive. HorseTrader and Mikeo2 who as like last year have taken on a huge work load for organizing and leg work. there is no event without those to guys. Sun up to midnight we discuss and discuss. Please keep offers and ideas coming in as we will incorporate most if not all of them.

thank you and bless your hearts
Old 10-29-2012, 12:21 PM

Hey Chubb

Count me in again this year....Like last year, I can supply Subway sandwiches and cookies again. Also, I can be there the day before as well helping in setup. Dont get stressed man...You did a great job last year. I am close to your neighbourhood so let me know if you need me to do something for Ya!

p.s.Thanks again to Ogre and Dago for the sturgeon trip last season. I am still showing my Sturgeons to everyone. Those videos will be on my phone forever...LOL
Old 10-29-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhits View Post
Hey Chubb

Count me in again this year....Like last year, I can supply Subway sandwiches and cookies again. Also, I can be there the day before as well helping in setup. Dont get stressed man...You did a great job last year. I am close to your neighbourhood so let me know if you need me to do something for Ya!

p.s.Thanks again to Ogre and Dago for the sturgeon trip last season. I am still showing my Sturgeons to everyone. Those videos will be on my phone forever...LOL

Those sammiches were yummy, good friends, good people, in the outdoors with 2 strokes sreaming making 100 holes. THANK YOU BUDDY.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:27 PM

Okay folks, made contact with Matthew Coombs/SRD Bio . He has given the event permission to hold the event at either PCR or Chain lake. There will be some stipulations as expected but none will deter from the Childrens enjoyment.

some facts on chain.

SRD is presently doing a sucker study on the resovoir and we possibly could help with fin clips at the event.

Matt will allow us to harvest a certain amount of suckers to lessen the public backlash of negativity of us releasing them .......and yes there will be some, here is a example...."Can you believe they had a Kids Ice Fishing day on Chain and released all those suckers, thats trout friendly thinking".
I asked Matt to either allow us to immediately kill the suckers and then allow them to be used by volunteers for bait OR we can collect them and give them to the Calgary Zoo which might make the children happy and another oppurtunity for a field trip to watch animals or birds eat there catch.

thanks everyone

Thank You Matthew Coombs, your a true friend of the event.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:56 PM

Also to appease all those last year that said i didnt spend donated money wisely by shopping where it was convienient for me on my travel routes.........I purchsed a Costco Executive Card.....I have purchased all the bevvies and drink condiments and they are in the event room now.

got a hotdog and drink for 1,50 too...lol
Old 10-29-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
Also to appease all those last year that said i didnt spend donated money wisely by shopping where it was convienient for me on my travel routes.........I purchsed a Costco Executive Card.....I have purchased all the bevvies and drink condiments and they are in the event room now.

got a hotdog and drink for 1,50 too...lol
mmmmmmmm Costco hotdog!!! For some reason I never have any cash on me when I go to Costco. I think the wife knows my eating habits too well when she sends me there right before dinner......................
Old 10-29-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide View Post
Already said that I would be in again this year but let me make it official. I'm in.
You guys are great. It's an honour to know and work with all of you. Shoot me a PM Chub.

Mud
Mud, new phone, tech stupid.......pm me your number need to yak at you....thanks.

Question for everyone.....HOW IMPORTANT IS THE HUGE VOLUNTEER DRAW PRIZE TABLE?
I have a idea but its a no go if the prize table is important
Old 10-29-2012, 05:15 PM

Thank you for once again being the captain and catalyst of this event Chubb, it will be terrific to work with you and the rest of the stellar volunteer team once again.

As for the prizes for the volunteers, I believe I speak on behalf of the volunteers: Prizes and gifts for the volunteers aren't necessary. The gift each one of us takes home is knowing we are contributing to a great cause, and working with like minded people who are keen to work and achieve the event objectives, together.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fisherman Guy View Post
Thank you for once again being the captain and catalyst of this event Chubb, it will be terrific to work with you and the rest of the stellar volunteer team once again.

As for the prizes for the volunteers, I believe I speak on behalf of the volunteers: Prizes and gifts for the volunteers aren't necessary. The gift each one of us takes home is knowing we are contributing to a great cause, and working with like minded people who are keen to work and achieve the event objectives, together.
X10 also saving suckers for the zoo would be a great idea, I think the kids would have way more opportunity to catch fish at Chain.

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 10-29-2012, 06:54 PM

I have had the thumbs up for any small or large equipment from my work. So if they need a genorator to either keep warm for the kids..or some kind of power, its there. I am also in the midst of transportation. Thats still up in the air as of now. Hoping I recieve a good answer when I approach my area manager.

I cant do too much, Im not too good in the cold..

Now Im going to see how my brother is doing in NY, so y'all have a good night..
Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:

Yep. What he said.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:

Thanks but nothing happens without the power of the people and their combined effort and generousity.

My requests to certain tackle companies is highlighting the need for hoodies , which may in fact eliminate or deminish the huge volunteer prize table. The vote is clear.......WARMER children is more important

Thank You Thank You