Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-23-2017, 11:15 PM

Default Copy and pasted from the governments own website.

Not all people are eligible to make a refugee claim in Canada. For example, people who are not eligible include those who:
have made a refugee claim in Canada in the past,
came to Canada from or through a designated safe third country where they could have claimed refugee protection,
are not admissible to Canada on security grounds, or
are not admissible to Canada because of criminal activity or human rights violations.
Is the USA not considered a safe country?
No loop holes here. Government is not following their own laws.
Thanks for the input though.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard.. View Post
With all these illegal migrants crossing into Canada, whats the point of wasting millions of tax dollars for boarder patrol and controls?

Those tax dollars could be used to house and feed these freeloaders entering our country!!#
What's the point of borders? Well the governments need to know who has the right to tax you and at what rate
Old 02-24-2017, 06:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Man some of these threads make me laugh.

Someone pipes up some complete fairy-tale and a few meatheads follow his lead happily and ignorantly marching to the drum beat waving their fists in the air.

Just cause Bubba said it - I'm gonna repeat it - because it must be true.

Bubba's a moron and liar. Follow him if you choose to. Fill your boots.

Kinda like what happened just south of the border when they nominated and subsequently elected you know who ..... (IMO there were better conservative choices).

To be clear, the government is not doing anything illegal, or breaking any laws or choosing to break laws - period.

Nor are they "allowing" or "inviting" these migrants to stay here automatically without proper procedure and vetting.

There isn't a giant sign encouraging this, or a hot chocolate stand on the way to make this easier for the people jumping our border.

And - we are still not admitting criminals and rapists into our country.

The law is clear, and has been in place, for years and years, even before that Turdo took office. If someone crosses the border, they can apply for immigration status. They are physically in our jurisdiction. Nothing in the law has changed.

If they try and go to a border crossing to do the same, the immigaration officers turn them away, as they have not entered our jurisdiction.

It's a loophole. Yeah it sucks. Either way ....

It was the law before - and it's the law now.

Nothing to do with Turdo or the NDP.

And before someone jumps on me for being a liberal or communist NDP - maybe take a moment and look back at my posts. I support neither of those parties, nor individuals associated with those parties.

I also can't stand the overly sensitive, aggressive, ignorant and ranting movement that is choking the common sense and intelligence out of both the conservatives and the liberal people here in North America.

Someone just needs to take a breath and just look at facts. I'm not thrilled this is happening either.
Good thing we have you as our guide through this political wasteland. BTW whether you agree with one party or the other, your thoughts and suggestions show who you stand with.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:08 PM

Exactly the people I thought would chirp up and precisely the type of responses/comments I thought I'd get. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

The fact that some people do not possess the intellectual capacity to understand that a person can be a conservative, yet socially accepting and tolerant (not a ignorant bigot), shouldn't surprise me.

The bottom line is this (migration) isn't something that I am pleased is happening. But if those people who are seeking refuge in Canada, who are determined, after proper vetting, as prescribed under our laws, and subsequently are accepted into Canada, then what can we do except try our best to help them become the Canadians just like us. I bet most of us not more than a few generations removed from being immigrants ourselves.