Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Elnino54

Default 527 for Whitetails ??

I'm thinking about hunting 527 for Whitetails, does anyone have any information on what can be expected in the zone, I've never been up that way before.......thx.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Duffy4

At one time I was told that if one wanted to kill a really big mule deer buck, the peace river breaks along the east side of that zone was an excelent choice.

The last time I was up that way there were not a lot of white-tails there. BUT white-tails have been expanding their range all over the place. And it was a long time since I was there.

Someone who has hunted up there more recently will come on here and tell you about the present white-tail situation (unless it is really good and they may not want to let the cat outa the bag)

Robin
Old 03-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Turney

Nice place to hunt but 90% Mulies and 10% whitetails. I hunt mulies along the peace and there are the odd whitetail but it's running so fast it's hard to tell the sex. I would hunt other areas of the province for whitetails, anywhere on the fringe agriculture land north of edmonton to Cold Lake are prime areas.