Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Blakeinator2

Default Truck Bino's?

Okay, got some nice binos for the field but a little too nice to leave sittin on the dash of the truck all the time. Lookin for advice on a decent enough set of truck bino's....good enough glass to spend a little time looking through without getting a headache and i generally prefer lower magnification for longer viewing anyhow(quite fond of 7x) but open to suggestions as i can usually find a way to steady binos in the truck whether its pushing the objective ends up against the window or even resting them on the steering wheel etc.

Would some of those old school 7x35 types be a good choice for this? Obviously looking for something that functions better than it looks and therefore the price is reasonable and i won't cry if they get stolen/lost etc. Any opinions appreciated. Size and weight are not issues either.

Blake
Old 03-26-2007, 10:23 AM
jrs

Some of the bushnell line, heavy but very clear. Relatively cheap compared to light ones of same clarity.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:07 PM
7 REM MAG

check out the leupold line they are pretty cheap, clear and i leave mine in my truck
Old 03-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Duffy4

Like you say, in a truck you can usually steady your self for glassing. And you don't have to worry about the binos beeing big and heavy cause you are not carrying them around.
So go for a big meaty pair of 10X50s.

Robin
Old 03-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Blakeinator2

Went and looked at a few and came away with the 10x50 Leupold Mesa's. Anything less than that for bucks i couldn't stand to look through...i wouldn't call them spectacular now that i know what swaros and leicas are like but they were acceptable and a much better step up from the cheap bushy's etc.

Thanks..

B