Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-29-2007, 10:14 PM
jrs

Default Re: For what it's worth...

I have found the T3 magazine and stock very durable. When i bought mine i was a little skeptical but its taken some serious hits when not in my rifle (where i always keep it if possible) and still clicks in as smoothly as the day i brought it home from wholesale. I have used the stock to prevent myself from catapolting off a cliff (dug it into shale) and it only left a minor blemish as well. I really love that rifle. The majority of my the guys in my hunting circle have a tikka know as well (four of us have it in 270WSM). I have shot or seen others shoot many mulies with mine, the one guy uses it mostly for whitetails, the other guy for whitetails and moose, and the guy who got it first has shot two rams, a pile of whitetails and mulies, an antelope, a bear, and lots of coyotes. Very smooth actions, durable guns, great caliber. I have practices with mine out to 600 yards and have shot a few deer at ranges over 400 that experienced instant death. I have never heard of any complaints about the magazine until the report above, the biggest problem i could see is losing a removable magazine. My experiences with the rifle has been nothing but good, it was the first gun i purchased new and i would only trade it for another (or certain sako models but you get the picture).
Old 03-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Re:For what it's worth...

Default Re:For what it's worth...

I've got a T3 hunter in 300 win mag and have absolutely no worries about the clip wearing out on it.I'ts shot alot of rounds with no sign of wear.Even if it did it will not impede the function of the clip.It can only wear so far and that is it.Just my thought..
Old 03-30-2007, 05:10 PM
packhuntr

Default Re: Re:For what it's worth...

I also have a Tikka T3, in 22-2fity. Great rig. Punch a ragged hole @ 100 all day. But I gotta say, I hate a clip. I also have the model 695 chambered to the 7mm rem. Love the gun. Even threw a bunch of cash into it. Beutiful semi custom rig. Throws lead a looong ways on paper, and some nice groups. {southern boy spoiled with a 700 yd rge}. But again, got that damned clip. Have never lost one, but am so paranoid of it, half the time in the field is spent feeling or checking to make sure the darned this is there. I am goin to confess my love for floor plates. I love floor plates. I want a new hunting rig!!!!! And I hate my wife.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Okotokian

Default T3 as sheep gun

I had the same concerns about the T3's plastic, in both the clip and end of bolt. To be fair though, all I've ever heard performance-wise about this gun has been pretty darned good. I just didn't like it. IF you like the light small synthetic stainless T3-type package, perhaps go for the Browning Stainless Stalker A-Bolt II. That's what I ended up with.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Okotokian

Default Sheep hunter

hey sheep hunter... how come you haven't weighed in on this topic yet? Would seem a natural! What do you use?

And does anyone know what that sheep hunting family we were discussing about a month ago uses??? :lol OK OK, no need to go opening THAT can of worms again. LOL Sorry.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:18 AM
sheep hunter

Default Re: Sheep hunter

If it's lightweight and can accurately fling a bullet 250 yards then it's a great sheep rifle. I've killed them and seen them killed with 25-06, .264, 7 STW, .30-06, .300 Win Mag and .50 cal muzzleloader.

If you shoot it well and can pack it in the mountains then it's the perfect sheep rifle.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:22 PM
nafegavas

Default Re: Knockdown

Quote:
savage model 11
.dias eh tahW