Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-22-2017, 08:41 AM

Default Bushnell Elite 10X42 opinions?

I know there not leica or swarvoski but has anyone used this bino before? Looking at getting a decent set and in most things I've read these are on pace with the conquests and the monarch 7's from Nikon so for the price they seem like a good mid/upper range bino.
Old 11-22-2017, 11:33 AM

I haven't owned a pair know of other that do and have borrowed thier binoculars. They are a good binocular. At the ~$600 mark that these are I would likely choose the Zeiss Terra ED 10x42 over them.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeron Kahyar View Post
I haven't owned a pair know of other that do and have borrowed thier binoculars. They are a good binocular. At the ~$600 mark that these are I would likely choose the Zeiss Terra ED 10x42 over them.
The terra seems like a lot lower on the scale from zeiss though isn't it below the conquest in the zeiss line?
Old 11-22-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohlan_4 View Post
The terra seems like a lot lower on the scale from zeiss though isn't it below the conquest in the zeiss line?
Yes, the Terra is the entry level binocular from Zeiss. That being said the entry level from one of the top manufacturers of optics, is comparable to the upper end of others Mid price model. I think for the dollar value you get your monies worth from the Terra. You can't expect the same image quality as a Conquest or Victory but you are paying half to a quarter the price. For 95+% of use you wont need a better binocular than the Terra in my opinion.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:06 PM

Bushnell Legend HD have the same Prime ED glass as the Elites at a lower price point and full no fault life time warranty. There are different models of the Legends so read carefully.

Both blow away the Zeiss Terra IMO as do the Excursion Models if you want to save a few hundred more.

As for the lower end of the top glass, I completely disagree with above. Optic companies buy volume of glass to make use of (both in China BTW) Bushnell has tons of uses for glass that doesn't meet the cut as they market binoculars down to the $10 price point. No waste in rejection as they have good use for it. The top end guys, not so much. You are paying for that discarded glass in inflated prices or inferior glass with a big name.

I find the same holds true of most anything. A top end Echo, TFO or even Redington fly rod is a better product than many of the starter models from the top dogs.

A Savage is every bit as accurate and functions as well as the entry level Remington etc.

Anyway, glass is a personal thing and everyone's eyes are slightly different. Try before you buy and buy what looks good to you both performance and price wise. I love my 8x36 Legend Ultra HD and are more than I will likely ever need. If I were a trophy sheep or antelope hunter my opinion would no doubt change.

I can tell you that Bushnell is not fooling around with warranty. I sent in my obviously abused Excursions that my young fellow had since he was little. I had a new pair in less than 2 weeks and the quality well exceeded the original pair.

I also sent in a 3200 Elite scope that lost a seal after years of use on several rifles. It still worked perfect but was scratched up and a little foggy in extreme weather. No receipt, no questions, no problem; new Elite 3500 in the mail box in just over 2 weeks.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:19 PM

The Elites are good glass for the price. I also like the Monarch 7 in the lower price range. I would never buy any of the Terra line, although I like the better quality Zeiss optics.
Old 11-22-2017, 10:26 PM

I have 8x42 Elites, they are very nice glass and IMO best in class. Recently I purchased several pairs of the Legend E Series binoculars and they are remarkably good for the money, a lot closer to the Elites than the price difference would suggest. Perhaps these would fill your needs? I haven't looked at them but these are M series so one step up from the E series.At $369 all in, you could do a lot worse.

http://store.prophetriver.com/bushne...f-prism-black/

Here's the technical information:

http://bushnell.com/hunting/binocula...d-e-l-m-series

Prophet River also has the Elites if you decide to go with them.

http://store.prophetriver.com/bushne...e-10x42-black/
Old 11-23-2017, 07:40 AM

I am really impressed with my monarch 7 by Nikon. Top quality glass and honestly can’t tell a difference from them to my buddies swaros.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:59 PM

I have a nice pair of Nikon Monarch 5 for sale. They are very nice at a really good price.

Check em out.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...ighlight=nikon
Old 11-23-2017, 01:03 PM

I have elites........ and am very happy with them. They are crisp and clear and gather light well. OP you will not be disappointed with them.
Old 11-23-2017, 01:07 PM

Thanks for all the opinions I have a lot of bushnell products and have not been disappointed with any of the Elite stuff but this will be my first serious Bino. I think I will go with my initial thoughts and go check out the Elites. From what I've read they are top class for the price. Not compared to the Zeiss Victory or Swaro EL stuff but will fit my needs I think. I will also try and check out the Monarch 7's I think.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:35 PM

Default Elite 10x42

Had mine since 2010 & they are great in low light. Crisp sharp images. They got stolen in 2015 so I replaced with the new HD glass & they are great. You can't beat the warranty either.I bought the Girlfriend the Terra 10x42 HD & they are good but I think the Bushnell is crisper & clearer images,plus the warranty is second to none.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:20 PM

Would you buy for $375 Brand New?
Old 01-15-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohlan_4 View Post
Would you buy for $375 Brand New?
I'd buy them for that. Quality glass, very happy with mine.