Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-25-2018, 12:09 AM

Default SUPER effective WALLEYE technique!

Wow was the bite ever on with this hook!
https://youtu.be/GjRXj0V72Cc
Old 05-25-2018, 11:03 AM

Nice video; thanks for posting. For some reason the completely unnecessary capitalization of "super" and "walleye" annoys the heck out of me. Reminds me of the "Googan Squad" videos that are capitalized as if it's an exciting and unique video, when it never is. Haha.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:06 PM

Turned off by hugging wally to hoodie, I doubt that would do either any good, and then flinging wally over the side.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
Nice video; thanks for posting. For some reason the completely unnecessary capitalization of "super" and "walleye" annoys the heck out of me. Reminds me of the "Googan Squad" videos that are capitalized as if it's an exciting and unique video, when it never is. Haha.
Lol its key words to catch the attention that are most interested in it, people who love walleye are going to notice the word walleye. And also I'm always super excited about fishing! I appreciate the input and thank you for watching glad you still enjoyed the video.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:21 PM

So I left wondering what was this "super effective" technique exactly? Because I did not see anything new or different in that video.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
So I left wondering what was this "super effective" technique exactly? Because I did not see anything new or different in that video.
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
I think I mention it like 3 times in the video that it's the WHITE jig tail (double tail) with a slow bottom bouncing presentation. I wasnt claiming it to be a new technique or a different technique I said it's a super effective technique, which it is for multiple species.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
What do you want to see? I'm always game for good ideas!
Old 06-01-2018, 05:12 AM

I wish this site would ban this stuff.
Every one is posting just to get more veiws so they can make more $$$$ on you tube.
Old 06-01-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Every one is posting just to get more veiws so they can make more $$$$ on you tube.
Hahahaha please try to be less clueless, there is requirements to get paid for YouTube and I am nowhere near qualified. I make these videos to share my adventures and to help other people catch fish. I get nothing back from these videos this is a way for me to give back to the fishing community, your comment is the most rediculous thing I have read in awhile!
Old 06-01-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Hey, on another thread a guy is offering you a chance to win a tablet for subscribing to his Youtube channel.

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-01-2018, 06:10 AM

I have under 400 subs and you guys think I'm making money off youtube😂🤣 Ignorance is bliss I guess! Lmao oh well tight lines!
Old 06-01-2018, 08:30 AM

No reason to roast the guy for posting videos. I personally like them (other than the titles which are an irrational pet peeve of mine). Why not support a fellow Albertan angler?
Old 06-01-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinelakeperch View Post
No reason to roast the guy for posting videos. I personally like them (other than the titles which are an irrational pet peeve of mine). Why not support a fellow Albertan angler?
Appreciate it, and I'm not phased these are the same guys that think I'm making money off YouTube with my small channel lol I'm curious what the issue is with titles maybe it's something I can work on, it really is a super effective technique for walleye I'm not sure how else i could have worded it lol titles are meant to be eye catching it's not like its clickbait. Once again appreciate the kind words and il continue posting videos for people like you who appreciate them.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:58 PM

good vid and some nice "Eyes". That's one of my favorite methods as well. FYI time to grease up that reel lol.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:10 PM

I don't usually watch the videos that people post, but I watched this one because of the fuss.

What I saw was a guy catching walleye using an effective, tried and true method. ie white double tail twister.
It was a reminder that the old standbys are still relevant even though they've lost their cool factor. (try finding a fuzz-e-grub body these days )

I thought the video was fine. Ignore the detractors.

With regard to the titles, maybe skip the caps - they kind of make your title read like a Brick commercial. But really, I didn't think anything of it until I read the thread.

Ignore the detractors.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
I don't usually watch the videos that people post, but I watched this one because of the fuss.

What I saw was a guy catching walleye using an effective, tried and true method. ie white double tail twister.
It was a reminder that the old standbys are still relevant even though they've lost their cool factor. (try finding a fuzz-e-grub body these days )

I thought the video was fine. Ignore the detractors.

With regard to the titles, maybe skip the caps - they kind of make your title read like a Brick commercial. But really, I didn't think anything of it until I read the thread.

Ignore the detractors.
Appreciate it! That's exactly what I was going for! The ole faithful, yeah it was advice I got to capitalize key words to arllttract people with that interest but il be sure to tone it down i guess.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy1979 View Post
good vid and some nice "Eyes". That's one of my favorite methods as well. FYI time to grease up that reel lol.
Thanks man! Lol it's long overdue I been trying to hold out for a specific brand of reel oil but I may have to just get any kind, but ya it was pretty rough sounding lol
Old 06-01-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky7 View Post
Thanks man! Lol it's long overdue I been trying to hold out for a specific brand of reel oil but I may have to just get any kind, but ya it was pretty rough sounding lol
i just use petroleum jelly to grease mine......but with all your Youtube money you might as well get the best lol jk.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy1979 View Post
i just use petroleum jelly to grease mine......but with all your Youtube money you might as well get the best lol jk.
BAHAHAHAHA that's actually hilarious and a true laugh out loud moment lol I may have to try that!
Old 06-01-2018, 06:58 PM

Keep posting the videos I love watching them , let the criticism fuel your passion for fishing
Old 06-01-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweb View Post
Keep posting the videos I love watching them , let the criticism fuel your passion for fishing
Thanks I'm glad you enjoy them! Thank you for watching I hope a few helped you out at some point. Oh I will definitely keep posting infact I think I will edit a new one tonight and upload! Tight lines.
Old 06-01-2018, 07:07 PM

I like CAPS LOCK and multiple EXCLAMATION !!!!! points.

Kinda like you are SCREAMING at me.

Keep on keepin' on, don't hate the playa, hate the game, you will have your revenge when all your youtube money starts coming in like a tidal wave.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:53 PM

Christ!!! tough crowd. Keep the vids comin!!
Old 06-02-2018, 10:51 AM

Thanks gents!
Old 06-02-2018, 01:36 PM

All you detractors, take a pill. You wonder why no one wants to post pictures or videos on AO. It's because they get nothing but abuse over inconsequential things like Caps, whether they get paid by You-tube etc from you armchair quarter backs. Stick to legitimate feedback not your interpretation of what is happening.

To the Op, thanks for posting an interesting video. One suggestion however, improve your fish handling techniques, that is no way to treat a limited and very valuable resource. Wiping the protective slime off the fish with dry hands and getting them against your jacket, as well as rough releases will increase catch and release mortality and we have more than enough closed and no limit fishing in Alberta already.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
All you detractors, take a pill. You wonder why no one wants to post pictures or videos on AO. It's because they get nothing but abuse over inconsequential things like Caps, whether they get paid by You-tube etc from you armchair quarter backs. Stick to legitimate feedback not your interpretation of what is happening.

To the Op, thanks for posting an interesting video. One suggestion however, improve your fish handling techniques, that is no way to treat a limited and very valuable resource. Wiping the protective slime off the fish with dry hands and getting them against your jacket, as well as rough releases will increase catch and release mortality and we have more than enough closed and no limit fishing in Alberta already.
Thanks a bunch for the feedback, if you watch my other videos you will see I handle fish with care, I find walleye to be alot tougher and more off a bass type fish, that being said I still treat them with respect that one fish was just flopping around and I had to contain him, you cant get a net on every fish during 30-40 fish days and sometimes they go nuts. Il take your feedback into consideration and thanks for the kind words. As for the negative comments you are referring to theres actually way more positive that came out of this one in the end! Tight lines!
Old 06-03-2018, 03:19 PM

I personally believe we should band stupid comments like this as such. Don’t like it move on. Any more of this crap and one will not need to worry about it. Just sayin. Video or pic same rules unclear read them so your not surprised

Quote:
Old 06-03-2018, 05:16 PM

Good video. Thanks for sharing.

Dodger.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
I personally believe we should band stupid comments like this as such. Don’t like it move on. Any more of this crap and one will not need to worry about it. Just sayin. Video or pic same rules unclear read them so your not surprised
Thanks pixel shooter!