Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-28-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Growing up my dad would buy us beer but it was to be consumed at home. His thoughts were at least he knew where his kids were. Makes sense to me. My buds were allowed to drink as well and their parents were quite happy that all of us would be in the basement playing pool rather then raising hell around the hood.
Sounds about the same as my upbringing. Never forgot our cabin at lower man lake 1988-89 maybe when the old man and i were out on the boat, arms sore from the hundreds of pike we reeled in. The old man cracked me a crappy molson xxx beer. Good times.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
A buddy of mine noted they had a similar set-up at some farmers place around Vernon, BC in his day. The students gathered there for the whoop up and overnight camp out and not only did the farmer/Dad take everyone's car keys, he also blocked in all the vehicles on the property by parking farm equipment across the driveway. I think overlooking the underage drinking aspect is the lesser of two 'evils' when it comes to ensuring that every parent reunites with the young adults that they love the next day.
Ummmm I think your buddy and I went to the same school.
Even if you did get your keys and drive away the cops were down the access and giving out DUIs so you didn’t get far.
Old 05-29-2018, 11:31 AM

Both my old man and my step dad would share a beer with me from when I was 16 on. Never got blotto, just one or two. That’s how it should be, learn from your elders rather than from the overzealous goofs at a rave festival or a dive bar.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:43 PM

Old 05-29-2018, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Sounds about the same as my upbringing. Never forgot our cabin at lower man lake 1988-89 maybe when the old man and i were out on the boat, arms sore from the hundreds of pike we reeled in. The old man cracked me a crappy molson xxx beer. Good times.
Lol. Look at us we're normal kinda maybe or not.