Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-15-2020, 07:49 AM

Default Morality at it’s “best”

For an “educated” person, she sounds like an idiot.

https://www.burnabynow.com/opinion/y...fun-1.24202859
Old 09-15-2020, 08:02 AM

Default O my god!!!!!

She is humanizing animals and I wonder if she really knew where the food is the stores come from. She should do a little research on that.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:04 AM

Humans search to bring our lives meaning. We stopped having kids so we need an outlet for that, for some it's dogs, cats etc. For others it's helping others, and for some it is stupid causes. I am always disturbed, with all the crap we have going on with humanity, that some focus more on animals than people. People get killed, beaten, robbed, molested, raped etc. and there are cold people out there that are more worried about the welfare of animals.

What a sad waste of a life.

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-15-2020, 08:21 AM

It was obvious with her statement about ducks mating for life, that she has no clue. At that point, I stopped reading.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:24 AM

Burnaby explains it all

There is a special breed of human that lives in the lower mainland and the closer you get to Vancouver the more common they become.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:27 AM

Educated doesn't necessarily mean intelligent.

Grizz
Old 09-15-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Humans search to bring our lives meaning. We stopped having kids so we need an outlet for that, for some it's dogs, cats etc. For others it's helping others, and for some it is stupid causes. I am always disturbed, with all the crap we have going on with humanity, that some focus more on animals than people. People get killed, beaten, robbed, molested, raped etc. and there are cold people out there that are more worried about the welfare of animals.

Absolutely!
I simply read it to gain insight into what kind of crap the people in my life that buy into this stuff are polluting their minds with
Old 09-15-2020, 10:24 AM

I'm curious to see if she channels all of that passion and compassion into helping the down-and-outers in her community... You know, take in an addict or two to help them get back on their feet etc.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Burnaby explains it all

There is a special breed of human that lives in the lower mainland and the closer you get to Vancouver the more common they become.
I grew up in the Lower Mainland and it wasn't like it is today. Heck, there were 2 gun ranges off of Barnet highway, below SFU.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybert View Post
I grew up in the Lower Mainland and it wasn't like it is today. Heck, there were 2 gun ranges off of Barnet highway, below SFU.
Grew up there as well and it didn’t start that way but has escalated in that direction over the last 20years. Still some good people there but most of them would love to leave

It took growing up there moving away and moving back to realize how messed up the area has become. There is a reason myself and most of my friends/family have moved away from the lower mainland. I don’t even like visiting the area anymore
Old 09-15-2020, 11:36 AM

Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybert View Post
For an “educated” person, she sounds like an idiot.

https://www.burnabynow.com/opinion/y...fun-1.24202859

That’s not educated.... that’s indoctrinated.

Educated would be very open to contrasting their values and openly considering the alternate idea.... note I say considering, not accepting.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 09-15-2020, 11:54 AM

Just another mindless hypocrite

Theres lots of them

As she slips into her leather shoes, picks up her leather briefcase, parks her ass on her leather seat and drives (using oil and gas) to work, I hope she sees how useless and morally empty her chosen vocation is

Maybe she will come to a realization of her idiocy during her lunch break.....

Typical idiot. To the core.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:01 PM

I get the argument, it serious breaks down when she indicates hunting is wrong though, and I should buy said food from the supermarket. Is the wild goose life worth more than the domestic goose's life?

I'm sure she has absolutely no problem driving her car and killing thousands of insects. I'm sure that's okay though, cause it's something she's doing, not others.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post

Maybe she will come to a realization of her idiocy during her lunch break.....
I've come to the realization that very, very few will while they're still profiting from it. I wonder how she would feel if she wasn't making thousands from her "stance".
Old 09-15-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I've come to the realization that very, very few will while they're still profiting from it. I wonder how she would feel if she wasn't making thousands from her "stance".
Exactly

She sleeps well on her feather pillow covered in a down duvet

Its not even fair to reply or argue with those people. All we do is make them look bad and in turn, their self worth deteriorates further and they become more vanquished.

We are causing them more psychological issues by responding. Its actually cruel if we debate people like that. Its a mockery of their mental health issues.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post

Great post.

People do one thing better than anything else on this planet, and that is prey on each other. We also do this more than anything else on this planet.

She is a people hunter. The world would be a little better with less people hunters. Our jails are full of them, our political systems are full of them, our corporate/business world is full of them. This is what it means to be a human being. Very few lift and help the species. She is missing so much of the big picture it's almost laughable.

The more people living of the land, hunting something other than people, the better. She is saying we should all be forced to live in a world where we must hunt each other, get our food from grocery stores, provided by others, and have no natural connection to the land at all. In someone else's control and hands right? Killing an animal face to face as nature intended is not her thing yet the amount of animal and planet death she contributes to compared to another first worlder is absolutely moot. You turn on a light switch or an iphone and guess what...you're a killer of the highest magnitude on this planet, period. To jump on your high horse and pretend your poop doesn't smell is predatory against other humans and your own self.

The first world is chalk full of this ignorance.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:50 PM

Sounds to me like she needs a set of velcro antlers.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:33 PM

We should draft up a nice letter and send it to her:

https://www.burnabynow.com/opinion/send-us-a-letter

Here's my share:

Dear (Ms/Miss/Mrs) Rebeka Breder

In response to your letter you titled "Dear Hunters: you killing animals is not fun"

I read your letter and as a long time hunter I felt it necessary to respond.

First and foremost, I hunt for food. I do not hunt for 'fun' or for 'sport'. I'm not even sure what you mean when you say hunt for fun. I don't know anybody who hunts for fun and I really have to wonder what strange article you read, or conversation you had with another non-hunter would lead you to believe we do it for fun.

You know the old saying about rocks and glass houses right? I find myself wondering what I would find if I was to have a look in your refrigerator and/or deep freeze. Any beef in there? How about pork? Lamb? Fish? Chicken perhaps? Unless you're a total vegan who eschews all animal products you've just made yourself out to be a hypocrite.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***
Old 09-15-2020, 02:34 PM

If she chooses to wear hemp and cotton clothes, ride her bike to work and live a vegan life ....... I wish her all the happiness in the word.

Nature has predators and prey. Herbivores and Carnivores. Humans are a part of this nature and, as a result, will harvest and hunt. And I wish the rest of us who choose that lifestyle all the happiness too.

She needs to stop judging others against and in comparison to her own free actions and morals and how those fit into her natural world.

I, in turn, will not judge her choices.

I, unlike her, am NOT a hypocrite.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:08 PM

Probably ought to allow her to have a face discussion about animal rights with one of those cuddly grizzlies that the BCoids seem to love so much
Old 09-15-2020, 06:27 PM

One of the most ignorant things I’ve read in a long time. Her publisher should lose their job.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
We should draft up a nice letter and send it to her:

https://www.burnabynow.com/opinion/send-us-a-letter

Here's my share:

Dear (Ms/Miss/Mrs) Rebeka Breder

In response to your letter you titled "Dear Hunters: you killing animals is not fun"

I read your letter and as a long time hunter I felt it necessary to respond.

First and foremost, I hunt for food. I do not hunt for 'fun' or for 'sport'. I'm not even sure what you mean when you say hunt for fun. I don't know anybody who hunts for fun and I really have to wonder what strange article you read, or conversation you had with another non-hunter would lead you to believe we do it for fun.

You know the old saying about rocks and glass houses right? I find myself wondering what I would find if I was to have a look in your refrigerator and/or deep freeze. Any beef in there? How about pork? Lamb? Fish? Chicken perhaps? Unless you're a total vegan who eschews all animal products you've just made yourself out to be a hypocrite.
You don't know anyone that hunts for "fun" or "sport"?

Thomas Sowell
Old 09-15-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I also feel angry that I cannot go for walks along the beautiful dikes, or canoe rides on the river, in Pitt Meadows in the fall because duck hunters pose a danger. Why do I have to sacrifice my peaceful outdoor experience because you want to shoot a duck for fun?
Any time I read or hear an argument like that I lose all regard for what was said before or after.
She seems like the type of lady that parks in the fire lane when getting groceries, unconcerned with obstructing traffic. Just so her trip is more convenient.

Why is the way she enjoys the outdoors more important than the way someone else enjoys the outdoors?
Hunters get about 1/4 of the year to do what they enjoy, everyone else gets the full year. 3/4 if being around hunting terrifies them.

Why not pick on fishing? Because the creatures that are killed are not as cute and cuddly looking?
I bet she prefers wild salmon over farmed salmon.

Free range meats are fairly close to wild animals. Look at all the cattle on grazing leases.

The hypocrisy is thick.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:21 PM

Ducks mate for life? Hmm. I did not know that.

I wonder how long her mating lasted? Assuming it's ever even occurred.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:45 PM

She’s writing about tearing animal families apart. Excuse me? Stop watching so much Disney crap. Where did you goto school to learn such stupidity? I also love the “I’m a lawyer” qualifier. I’ve went to school so trust me, I’m smart in corporate law therefore I’m smart about all things.

Is hunting fun? Hell yes. Is the kill fun? Not really. Knowing something is dying so I can create numerous types of food is always a difficult consideration. But that same consideration gives me such great appreciation for all animal products I consume.

Are there idiots who hunt? Yup. They love nothing more than to kill and animal just to see it die. They leave the carcass behind and brag to their buddies who they wasted a doe on the side of a road. She should know that we don’t like those folks either.

I don’t expect everybody to support hunting, and that’s okay. Free society and that means people can have different opinions. That’s one of the many great things about this country.

As for her conservation argument, she should listen to the joe rogan episode with Jim shockey. He outlines how hunting animals creates value for the animals, and as such the animals create revenue through hunting. This revenue generated creates an incentive to ensure that the population is robust and well. Otherwise insurance companies would exterminate ungulates to save on car insurance claims. Farmers would **** pound anything that impacts their livelihood.

She probably thinks zoo’s are great and the way animals dream to live. Fool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2020, 09:47 PM

Now c'mon guys, credit where it is due, she did get one thing exactly right.

It was that bit where she said 'but who cares what I think....?'

She knew that not a single solitary hunter was going to take her seriously.

Ducks mate for life. Huh. You would think an outfit with duck in their name, would have known that...

https://www.ducks.org/conservation/w...mating-systems

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-16-2020, 09:45 PM
Gone Hunting

She seems nice. Not real bright but nice.

Animal rights lawyer?? Ducks mate for life?? heck people don't even mate for life, so is she like a fowl family lawyer who fights for the spousal rights of our feathered friends?

It's all so confusing.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 09-17-2020, 04:13 AM

Holy phuck!
Old 09-17-2020, 04:43 AM

Get used to it,

The Progressive mindset and agenda have taken over the law schools, the next crop of lawyers, judges and politicians are going to be steeped in this mindset, as the baby boomers drop off the new enlightened legal cartel will drive our society through the political process by sheer numbers alone

UofA law school as an example is highlighting their emphasis on environmental law that you know will be used to influence the 'social justice' and 'human rights' discussion

The fun is just beginning
Old 09-17-2020, 08:08 AM

I just feel bad for her wife and 37 pet cats. Reading what she writes is bad enough. Imagine living with her....