Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-25-2020, 09:07 AM

Default Liberal Gun Control article

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...-50494f4058e6/
Old 08-25-2020, 10:02 AM

This doesn't surprise me ……….. Trudeau hastily rushes through an unconstitutional, unratified illegal executive order and of course there are going to be snags. Changes like these are not easily administered.

I am hopeful the people of our country will see Trudeau for what he is and elect a conservative government so we can discharge his executive order and get back to normal life as law abiding firearms owners.
Old 08-25-2020, 12:55 PM

I called to check a PAL today, they didn't even mention a transfer transaction number, which is supposed to be part of checking one when selling a gun now.
And, there is mention in that article about forfeiting seized guns to the Crown. NFA vid I posted the other day, specifically refers to them having deleted Section 337(?) of the criminal code, which forced gov't employees to return property to owners, or risk being charged for not doing so. Solomon Friedman said he's used that a few times to get guns back for people. Can't use that anymore if the property clerk doesn't fell like giving them back to you.
Old 08-25-2020, 01:54 PM

Default How will they pay for it?

Don’t be surprised that firearms owners will be subject to a rather nasty registration fee per firearm to fund this new bill as well as the associated costs to manage it.
Old 08-25-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
I called to check a PAL today, they didn't even mention a transfer transaction number, which is supposed to be part of checking one when selling a gun now.
And, there is mention in that article about forfeiting seized guns to the Crown. NFA vid I posted the other day, specifically refers to them having deleted Section 337(?) of the criminal code, which forced gov't employees to return property to owners, or risk being charged for not doing so. Solomon Friedman said he's used that a few times to get guns back for people. Can't use that anymore if the property clerk doesn't fell like giving them back to you.
Wow, if another High River style gun grab happens there are going to be a lot of extremely ****ed off people.