Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-24-2020, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Brew View Post
I thought you were talking about the country as a whole, not the CPC leadership. Yup. I will admit I don’t know how that happened in the CPC leadership. But as far as the country goes, a lot less than 50% voted CPC. I’ll also admit I don’t think Lewis had a snowballs chance in heck of winning a federal election. Maybe if she learns French properly and decides to be a little more cognizant of those who aren’t believers, but until then... she has time to mature.

But my honest belief is (and this is my personal opinion) that pushing a socially conservative agenda will sentence us to more Trudeau. I absolutely loathed Chretien and I’d rather have him in charge right now than Pierre jr.
I agree with all of that. I think we are still in rough shape but hope O’Toole decides to live his best moments starting now as I wish for any prime minister or party leader.

I hope Polliviere is waiting and maturing for a crack at the job and excels when he gets there but I also feel we are truly running out of time before it’s just too late for recovery. Rempel seems like a valuable asset, time will tell but the clock IS ticking and the world is burning
Old 08-24-2020, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knownonscents View Post
I agree with all of that. I think we are still in rough shape but hope O’Toole decides to live his best moments starting now as I wish for any prime minister or party leader.

I hope Polliviere is waiting and maturing for a crack at the job and excels when he gets there but I also feel we are truly running out of time before it’s just too late for recovery. Rempel seems like a valuable asset, time will tell but the clock IS ticking and the world is burning
Its well known that the O'Toole campaign had dirt on Polliviere and thats why he didn't run.O'Toole ran a slimy campaign, just like Kenney and the conservative faithful took it hook, line, and sinker. Say what you want about Sloan but he's a man with ethics.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 08-24-2020, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Its well known that the O'Toole campaign had dirt on Poilievre and that's why he didn't run.
O'Toole ran a slimy campaign, just like Kenney and the Conservative faithful took it hook, line, and sinker.
What are your sources/links for your accusations? Please share.
Old 08-25-2020, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head Lice View Post
What are your sources/links for your accusations? Please share.
https://thenationaltelegraph.com/nat...and-karahalios

Politics are dirty. Thats why we need to reduce government and minimize the centralization of power.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill

Last edited by raab; 08-25-2020 at 12:16 AM.
Old 08-25-2020, 12:39 AM

Did I miss what 'the dirt' was on Pierre Poilievre?
Your source is questionable.
Old 08-25-2020, 01:26 AM

To everything raab wrote (everything I read, at least), Trudeau said

Old 08-25-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:

Politics are dirty. Thats why we need to reduce government and minimize the centralization of power.
Seriously??????

Old 08-25-2020, 08:19 AM

Its well known that the O'Toole campaign had dirt on Polliviere and thats why he didn't run.O'Toole ran a slimy campaign, just like Kenney and the conservative faithful took it hook, line, and sinker. Say what you want about Sloan but he's a man with ethics.

I don't see O'Toole as a big step up from Sheer. We need someone capable, widely acceptable and with some charisma. Guess time will tell how this works out.

Grizz
Old 08-25-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post

I don't see O'Toole as a big step up from Sheer. We need someone capable, widely acceptable and with some charisma. Guess time will tell how this works out.

Grizz
Where is this widely known?

Sorry I didn’t realize this was originally a quote from Raab. Considering the source I will assume it’s more fiction fantasy than factual.

Last edited by jungleboy; 08-25-2020 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-25-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Facebook. lol
Old 08-25-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:

I agree with your statement above but seriously....... need more proof then this “widely known” gossip you linked. Heavy news like that would be all over the CBC smearing conservatives if there was any credibility to it.

And I thought I was nuts......
Old 08-25-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post

Sorry I didn’t realize this was originally a quote from Raab. Considering the source I will assume it’s more fiction fantasy than factual.
I'm not giving credence to the quote, just my opinion on O' Toole. I see a puffy faced, old looking white guy, at the podium. No Justin boyish good looks here to wow the gullible. Guess we won't have very long to find out if he's going to save us. We should all wiish him well.

Grizz

Last edited by Grizzly Adams; 08-25-2020 at 10:05 AM.