Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-20-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Less then 2% of the population have tested positive for Covid-19, and it has a .03% death rate among the general population. The disease is slightly worse then the seasonal flu. So unless you consider the flu a pandemic worth shutting down our entire economy, devastating thousands of small business and bankrupting the country. These measures were totally unwarranted and the government should be held accountable for their reckless actions. I guarantee we see a class action lawsuits against the municipal, provincial, and federal governments by small business, and rightfully so. The government made knee jerk reactions based on faulty data. The City of Edmonton and Calgary are now making bad decisions based on public opinion not hard facts. And should be held to account for the damage they caused to small business as a result.
You keep spouting this same line of tripe over and over again. It's just plain wrong and has been proven over and over and over again as being a mistruth or an out and out lie. Are you pulling these numbers out of your backside?

When you are looking at numbers what are you looking at? Canada, USA, the whole world?

Cause right now with the precautions that Canada put in place we have as of today 123,490 positive cases of Covid out of 4,925,446 people tested. There have been 9,049 deaths and 109,822 recoveries.

So let's do some math. There have been 118,871 cases that have resolved. Either by recovery or death. So the percentage of people dying that got the disease is 7.6%. Significantly more than the seasonal flu. And that is with the precautions put in place.

But I guess real numbers don't matter to deniers.

All numbers given were taken from https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...infection.html

Now let's head off the "but it's only old people that die or ones that had other problems" people.

Who cares? Really? Don't old people count? Don't weakened people count? Sorry in my world they do. Don't know how many times this has to be said, Covid19 is not a common cold or flu.
Sit back
Pour yourself a tea

Watch us "sportsmen" attack each other and destroy ourselves from within.

From road hunters vs "real hunters" to bowhunters vs rifle hunters, long bows and recurves vs compound user to bow vs crossbow to white hunters vs Native hunters etc etc etc

Enjoy the easy ride, anti hunters. Strange to me why we seem to be doing your job for you.

Excuse me while I go puke.
Old 08-20-2020, 01:36 PM

You should see what actions they have in store when they want to shut down deaths by alcohol, medical malpractice, drug abuse, too much red meat, and driving over 30kph. If it saves one life!
Old 08-20-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post
You keep spouting this same line of tripe over and over again. It's just plain wrong and has been proven over and over and over again as being a mistruth or an out and out lie. Are you pulling these numbers out of your backside?

When you are looking at numbers what are you looking at? Canada, USA, the whole world?

Cause right now with the precautions that Canada put in place we have as of today 123,490 positive cases of Covid out of 4,925,446 people tested. There have been 9,049 deaths and 109,822 recoveries.

So let's do some math. There have been 118,871 cases that have resolved. Either by recovery or death. So the percentage of people dying that got the disease is 7.6%. Significantly more than the seasonal flu. And that is with the precautions put in place.

All numbers given were taken from https://www.canada.ca/en/public-heal...infection.html

Now let's head off the "but it's only old people that die or ones that had other problems" people.

Who cares? Really? Don't old people count? Don't weakened people count? Sorry in my world they do. Don't know how many times this has to be said, Covid19 is not a common cold or flu.
I'm taking my numbers from Florida and Texas and basing it on the total population of those States. The simple fact is the stats are overblown, and not accurate. You need to base the stats off total population not confirmed cases as theres many people who have been exposed to the disease and never got sick or had symptoms and therefore weren't tested.

To give you an example Doctors in Germany have formed a Inquiry panel to hold the government accountable. Many physicians are starting to speak out because this virus is not as severe as we were told, and we need to know why they're not lifting even more restrictions.

https://acu2020.org/wp-content/uploa...-english-1.pdf
https://acu2020.org/english-versions/
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 08-20-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC338 View Post
We'd love to send you Nancy Spendshe if you've had enough of your guy.
You can keep Numbshee, that guy is numb from the hairline down.

BW
Old 08-20-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey View Post

There's your real numbers. 6 of those never had underlying health conditions

Total Albertan Covid related deaths 220.
Over 80 years old - 149
70-79 years old - 51
60-69 years old - 15
50-59 years old - 2
40-49 years old - 1
30-39 years old - 1
20-29 years old - 1
Under 29 - 0

Sounds to me like you're either elderly or have underlying health conditions. Wouldn't it be wise to assume some responsibility yourself and take precautions? Why would you entrust others with your well being like that? Friends or family may be carriers and not even know it. Self isolation is key. Seems to me wearing a mask gives a false sense of security. Hey, I wore a mask to Walmart, I'm perfectly safe to go visit the grandparents.....famous last words huh?
If you are wearing a mask to avoid infection so you don't pass it along to those compromised, I would suggest that isn't enough according to "science". As I said before, not only does the virus enter the mouth and nasal cavity, it also enters the eye. You want to protect the old/compromised that you insist on visiting, you best be covering up those eyes as well. Be pretty selfish not to
Old 08-20-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

If you are autistic or too young to cope with a mask...people will have patience.

If you are older but a dumbarse and refuse to wear a mask to help protect others...then shame on you for being so self cantered and selfish.
So what about those older people who can not wear masks due to physical reasons? I have a legit medical exemption with a signed doctors note saying its due to a physical injury. Am I am dumbarse as well? Is it fair I had to start legal proceedings against the landlord of the building I work at just to keep my job because their policy states I must wear a mask ( no other face coverings) while in the building?

I said it before those masks are not nearly as effective as we are led to believe. Social distancing worked the best. Masks are mandatory in Edmonton and the infection rate is still going up. Likely this is because no one maintains the 2M rule anymore. Since I cant wear a mask I have been very aware of this.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 08-20-2020, 02:47 PM

No mask required. My county had a vote. I sent a simple letter to Council prior to the vote. Explain my side of argument, why I vote NO to wear a mask in areas other than hospital, and retirement homes. The county council obviously received similar letters besides mine. The vote was 3-2 to wear masks, only in government owned, operations. The rest of County continue on as normal, with reassessment if cases > 10 Covid cases. The letters were mentioned in local papers, and local news station. The council was listening to concerned county citizens. Suggestions write letters, and get involved with your local governments.
Old 08-20-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post

Sounds to me like you're either elderly or have underlying health conditions. Wouldn't it be wise to assume some responsibility yourself and take precautions? Why would you entrust others with your well being like that? Friends or family may be carriers and not even know it. Self isolation is key.
I hate to admit it but I fit into the "elderly" category. I have a couple of underlying health conditions. I have had only immediate family in my home (four individuals), who are being careful, since February. My other contacts with family have been within the guidelines for family bubble from the provincial authorities. I have stayed 2 m away from other social contacts and they have been outdoors. These constitute my best efforts.

However, I must shop in person for a few things despite ordering as much as possible on-line. I also put off as many things as possible since February. Today, I shopped wearing my mask and face shield. I am grateful to those other shoppers and store employees who masked to help protect me. I am disappointed, more than disappointed, in the lack of social conscience in those who wouldn't do a simple thing like wear a mask to help me out.

Despite my age, I still count.
Old 08-20-2020, 03:34 PM

This may be useful to anyone who has a legitimate reason not to wear a mask:
The Alberta Human Rights Commission stance on Covid in the Workplace. The wearing of masks is covered in the last section.
https://albertahumanrights.ab.ca/emp...s/covid19.aspx

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 08-20-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk270 View Post
I hate to admit it but I fit into the "elderly" category. I have a couple of underlying health conditions. I have had only immediate family in my home (four individuals), who are being careful, since February. My other contacts with family have been within the guidelines for family bubble from the provincial authorities. I have stayed 2 m away from other social contacts and they have been outdoors. These constitute my best efforts.

However, I must shop in person for a few things despite ordering as much as possible on-line. I also put off as many things as possible since February. Today, I shopped wearing my mask and face shield. I am grateful to those other shoppers and store employees who masked to help protect me. I am disappointed, more than disappointed, in the lack of social conscience in those who wouldn't do a simple thing like wear a mask to help me out.

Despite my age, I still count.
Sounds like you have been taking necessary precautions, and that is a good thing. It's a choice you made and have the freedom to do.

Going out in public, even with a mask and face shield is a risk no doubt (as we all know it is far from fool proof), but we all take some risks in life. Good to see you make the choice (as the choice was yours) and get out rather than have friends/family/neighbours do your shopping for you and drop everything off on your steps in a quarantine box.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:14 PM

Can’t wait for forced vaccinations and even tighter lockdowns like Melbourne. . Thank you government for keeping me safe and looking out for my well being!! I trust you completely!
Old 08-20-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineFlyFisher View Post
Can’t wait for forced vaccinations and even tighter lockdowns like Melbourne. . Thank you government for keeping me safe and looking out for my well being!! I trust you completely!
Lol. Some do seem to like it that way.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:16 PM

as the old saying goes look after your self because no one else will
Old 08-20-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK71 View Post
as the old saying goes look after your self because no one else will
Some prefer that way as well
Old 08-20-2020, 04:19 PM

Excellent arguments here - my favorites, summarized in plain English are .....

....... why listen to the overwhelming medical evidence ... it's so easy to skew the numbers and compare the total population including uninfected people to drive down and minimize the real danger of this virus.

..... after all wearing a mask would inconvenience myself ........

..... it's a slippery slope for government control and taking away my rights and freedoms ...you know, wearing a mask and all is a form of control and there is a hidden agenda there somewhere ....

and who needs sick people with pre-existing conditions and elderly around anyways ........they should look out and fend for themselves .... that's really no concern to me, or my tax dollars ..... too bad

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

I don't understand why it's so darn hard for people to simply put on a mask for the few minutes while they are out shopping or in a situation for a few minutes of a day ......... I don't get it.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:40 PM
Banned

If you look at it that way than we should permanently ban sugar, salt, meat, alcohol, tobacco, cars, guns...you name it. If only "involved" are accounted to draw concluding evidence than what happened to rest of countries population, its non existent or??? We are all involved.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:42 PM

These numbers are overwhelming. So is the medical evidence.

Over 80 years old - 149
70-79 years old - 51
60-69 years old - 15
50-59 years old - 2
40-49 years old - 1
30-39 years old - 1
20-29 years old - 1
Under 29 - 0

-Billy Molls
Old 08-20-2020, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post

....... why listen to the overwhelming medical evidence ... it's so easy to skew the numbers and compare the total population including uninfected people to drive down and minimize the real danger of this virus.

..... it's a slippery slope for government control and taking away my rights and freedoms ...you know, wearing a mask and all is a form of control and there is a hidden agenda there somewhere ....

and who needs sick people with pre-existing conditions and elderly around anyways ........they should look out and fend for themselves .... that's really no concern to me, or my tax dollars ..... too bad

I don't understand why it's so darn hard for people to simply put on a mask for the few minutes while they are out shopping or in a situation for a few minutes of a day ......... I don't get it.
There were always those slightly slower people around, it's just that with Facebook and other social media, they have a vast amount of venues to voice their important and uneducated opinions. It doesn't help that those same people also seem to scream the loudest. I usually just have a Scotch after seeing a few Facebook posts and refrain to engage for my own sanity. It appears those same people are now starting with the same threads on this forum as well.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:

I think you may find this video interesting. https://youtu.be/QS8SPk_5k7c
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 08-20-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
These numbers are overwhelming. So is the medical evidence.

Over 80 years old - 149
70-79 years old - 51
60-69 years old - 15
50-59 years old - 2
40-49 years old - 1
30-39 years old - 1
20-29 years old - 1
Under 29 - 0
Can't really blame the ones following orders 100%. It appears they're suffering from a form Stockholm Syndrome according to the video I just posted to EZM.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Science says this virus is NOT a pandemic and our leaders need to be held accountable for their decision to lock down the economy without sufficient data. Many have died or have suffered as a result of government action and its time for the decision makers to be held accountable. I see a large class action lawsuit against the Municipal, Provincial, and Federal governments coming.
Big statement. What’s your credible source/link.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 08-20-2020, 05:02 PM

Quote:

Over 80 years old - 149
70-79 years old - 51
60-69 years old - 15
50-59 years old - 2
40-49 years old - 1
30-39 years old - 1
20-29 years old - 1
Under 29 - 0

I'd say you have a better chance of getting run over crossing the street. Stay home and you won't get run over.
Wait a minute......I know......sounds crazy......but if we ALL quit driving, no one would inadvertently get run over crossing the street.

Sounds kinda like the governments idea of the AR-15 ban. If it saves just one life.....
Old 08-20-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
By that reasoning everyone should wear masks all the time, and forever, regardless of Covid 19.
Global statistics are showing the death rate among those infected to be inline with various other Corona virus', and yet we don't even consider masks for those.
The health system can not withstand the surge an unchecked Covid transmission rate causes. Proof in Italy and Spain for instance.

The issue is transmission rate... and certain behaviours decrease that such as social distancing and wearing a mask when social distancing is not possible.

As shown in other countries...the common flu does not cause the same strain on healthcare systems.

Going into the Fall...healthcare resources are expected to be strained with both Covid and flus but hopefully social distancing and masks will reduce flu transmission also.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 08-20-2020, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezm View Post
your source is rebel news.

I'd suggest a little more research there.
😂
Old 08-20-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Big statement. What’s your credible source/link.
I'm sure it will be yet another you tube video done in a basement by another incel.....
Old 08-20-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENINC View Post
There were always those slightly slower people around, .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
I suspected for a while that you were a couple bricks short....but this statement finally proves it.....
Last line of defence?
Old 08-20-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Last line of defence?
Just calling a spade a spade. Science based evidence doesn't work with a few here.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Less then 2% of the population have tested positive for Covid-19, and it has a .03% death rate among the general population. The disease is slightly worse then the seasonal flu. So unless you consider the flu a pandemic worth shutting down our entire economy, devastating thousands of small business and bankrupting the country. These measures were totally unwarranted and the government should be held accountable for their reckless actions. I guarantee we see a class action lawsuits against the municipal, provincial, and federal governments by small business, and rightfully so. The government made knee jerk reactions based on faulty data. The City of Edmonton and Calgary are now making bad decisions based on public opinion not hard facts. And should be held to account for the damage they caused to small business as a result.
You realize the mortality rate is 100% tied to the mitigation efforts to reduce spread to vulnerable groups.

You also realize that the reason for putting in effect measures to reduce transmission rates has helped reduce the death rate since the healthcare system is not overwhelmed.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Over 80 years old - 149
70-79 years old - 51
60-69 years old - 15
50-59 years old - 2
40-49 years old - 1
30-39 years old - 1
20-29 years old - 1
Under 29 - 0

I'd say you have a better chance of getting run over crossing the street. Stay home and you won't get run over.
Wait a minute......I know......sounds crazy......but if we ALL quit driving, no one would inadvertently get run over crossing the street.

Sounds kinda like the governments idea of the AR-15 ban. If it saves just one life.....
Not getting cause an effect?

By your tone and writing you come across seeming that if nothing has been done to stop the spread we wouldn’t of even noticed. No impact on healthcare systems. No increase in deaths. Just a flu.

Wish you were right and all the credible world doctors and scientists as well as test cases in Spain and Italy not to mention now US, India and Brazil.

You need to look at all websites. Not just click bait fanatical sites in order to help you gain a realistic informed opinion.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Just calling a spade a spade. Science based evidence doesn't work with a few here.
Maybe some are leery listening to "science" based evidence after hearing Saint Suzuki's one sided reference bias continuously. He is a scientist isn't he? Maybe he's the only one famous for doing that?