Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-25-2020, 09:50 AM

Default Connecticut Mayor Stole my Idea

I like this fellow, he's using a concept I've personally floated a few times. I've suggested a sewage treatment plant named after Justin Trudeau on these very pages. This mayor has named their municipal sewage treatment plant after the ever-obnoxious TV host John Oliver. Good for him!

https://calgarysun.com/entertainment...box=1598302602

Local officials in Danbury, Connecticut have named a sewage plant after comedian John Oliver, as the star insulted the town in a rant on his U.S. late night show.

Danbury’s Mayor Mark Boughton announced the dubious accolade in a video posted on his Facebook page on Sunday, responding to a bizarre rant Oliver embarked on about the town on his HBO show, Last Week Tonight.

“We are going to rename it the John Oliver Memorial Sewer Plant,” the Republican mayor said of the City of Danbury Sewer Plant. “Why? Because it’s full of crap just like you, John.”

The anti-Danbury tirade came during a show segment when John was discussing racial disparities in the jury selection process.

“If you’re going to forget a town in Connecticut,” he said, “why not forget Danbury? Because, and this is true, f— Danbury!”

He went on to say the town “can eat my whole ass”, and added that every citizen of Danbury has a “standing invite to come get a thrashing from John Oliver, children included, f— you.”

It is not the first time he has mocked Boughton’s town, having made fun of him and other mayors over their desperation to attract Amazon’s second world headquarters when the company was checking out potential locations.

The mayor had recorded a video of himself asking Amazon’s home assistant Alexa where the best place for the facility would be, and Alexa saying Danbury in response.

In Boughton’s new video, he also references the fact Amazon has decided to open a distribution facility in the city, even if the town did not land the coveted headquarters.
Old 08-25-2020, 09:56 AM

Gotta love a politician with a sense of humor.

Grizz
Old 08-25-2020, 10:01 AM

[QUOTE=CaberTosser;4224528]I like this fellow, he's using a concept I've personally floated a few times. I've suggested a sewage treatment plant named after Justin Trudeau on these very pages. This mayor has named their municipal sewage treatment plant after the ever-obnoxious TV host John Oliver. Good for him!

Great idea! Instead of naming parks, airports and mountains after these **** poor politicians, name sewer treatment facilities and garbage dumps after them.
A politician needs to earn the honour of having something named after them. They are compensated extremely well and have better pensions than any of us could dream of. They have to do very little to get these compensations. So tributes should fit the above and beyond service to the country.

BW
Old 08-25-2020, 10:13 AM

One could also re-name farm tasks of spreading manure to 'Trudeauing'.

"I've loaded the manure-spreader and have to go Trudeau the north 1/4"

Oh how it would be great to have hundreds of farmers adopting that newly minted verb. Trudeau: To spread crap
Old 08-25-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post

Oh how it would be great to have hundreds of farmers adopting that newly minted verb. Trudeau: To spread crap

Old 08-25-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:

This suits the act of spreading crap perfectly. How long does a term have to be used before Webster recognizes it??
Old 08-25-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
This suits the act of spreading crap perfectly. How long does a term have to be used before Webster recognizes it??
I don't know, but now I wish I had a farm just so I could use the term around my farmer neighbors and get it established! Paging Roper1 !
Old 08-25-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:

In the Dirty Thirties, they had Bennet Buggies, cars pulled by horses, because they couldn't afford gas.

Grizz
Old 08-25-2020, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
In the Dirty Thirties, they had Bennet Buggies, cars pulled by horses, because they couldn't afford gas.

Grizz

In 1928 4.6 million automobiles had been sold, in 1929 the stock market crashed, gasoline prices soared and eventually became rationed

Bennett Buggies or Hoover Wagons (US) had their motors, windows and other heavy parts pulled out to lighten them up for mules, horses and oxen to pull.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology
Old 08-25-2020, 02:56 PM

It has been on ongoing thing between Oliver and Danbury, probably for the last 6 weeks or so. At least this season anyway.
Good on the mayor for sticking it back at John in a very clever way! Can't wait to see what Johnny does next week when he hears about it!
Old 08-25-2020, 03:15 PM

I think every sewage treatment plant west of Ontario should be named after the Turd.

"Justin Trudeau Turd Treatment Facility"

BW
Old 08-25-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
I like this fellow, he's using a concept I've personally floated a few times. I've suggested a sewage treatment plant named after Justin Trudeau on these very pages. This mayor has named their municipal sewage treatment plant after the ever-obnoxious TV host John Oliver. Good for him!

Its a good idea but I don't think Canada has a sewage treatment plant large enough to filter the crap that comes out of his mouth.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."