Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-10-2023, 08:05 PM

Default David Lamertti comments cancelling natural resources.

Interesting counter by Sask Premier Moe

Scott Moe

@PremierScottMoe
The federal Justice Minister says he will look at taking control over natural resources away from the provinces.

It's an outrageous statement.

Liberals are considering launching a direct assault on Western Canada’s natural resources.

In recent comments, Trudeau justice minister David Lametti said the federal government is “looking at” rescinding the legislation that gives Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba control over their natural resources:

“Canada’s Attorney General and Justice Minister David Lametti has committed to “looking at” rescinding Natural Resources Transfer Agreements to the provinces.

In the 1930s, Canada entered into a series of agreements that transferred federal administration and control over land and natural resources to Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.”

https://spencerfernando.com/2023/04/...ral-resources/

Last edited by lmtada; 04-10-2023 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-10-2023, 08:31 PM

I hope they do it.
Old 04-10-2023, 08:41 PM

Crazy talk.
https://regina.ctvnews.ca/sask-premi...ghts-1.6349395
Old 04-10-2023, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Bobby Cameron is a liberal shill, turdos hand up his you-know-what, moving his yap.

Anything to distract from another ethics scandal
Old 04-10-2023, 09:04 PM

Liberals are an enemy to our democracy. It’s pretty obvious they are doing the bidding for the corrupt globalists.
Old 04-10-2023, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
Liberals are an enemy to our democracy. It’s pretty obvious they are doing the bidding for the corrupt globalists.
Yes. But that’s exactly the reaction they want, get everyone looking at Scott moe or whoever else claps back. Direct the media to cover the response, find someone who oversteps, crucify that person as a nationalist, populist, racist etc. etc.

Anything to direct attention away from selfie the clown and jughead and their never ending corruption.
Old 04-10-2023, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Yes. But that’s exactly the reaction they want, get everyone looking at Scott moe or whoever else claps back. Direct the media to cover the response, find someone who oversteps, crucify that person as a nationalist, populist, racist etc. etc.

Anything to direct attention away from selfie the clown and jughead and their never ending corruption.
You’re spot on. Play the bigot racist card, hope for an uprising and then label them as right wing extremists. It’s the left wing playbook 101.
Old 04-10-2023, 09:20 PM

The federal government made an agreement, and they need to honor the agreement that they made. A deal is a deal, if these agreements can be broken, then so can any other agreement, including the treaties.
Old 04-11-2023, 07:11 AM

Since we’re soo close to a provincial election, has anyone asked notley what she’d do to protect against a reckless attack on provincial autonomy like this?

Fair game non?

Ah, the lieberals, the gift that just keeps on givin.
Old 04-11-2023, 08:46 AM

I hear distant drums of war from just over the horizon!( legal ones of course ).
As I have said for many years Trudeau will go down in history as the "Destroyer of Canada" many scoffed, but this rotten apple fell right at the base of a very old and rotten tree.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 04-11-2023, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I hope they do it.
Me too. The sooner it happens, the sooner people will realize that we don't belong in canada.
Old 04-11-2023, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 View Post
Me too. The sooner it happens, the sooner people will realize that we don't belong in canada.
Sadly it would just lead to more damage to the Canadian economy and a large portion of Alberta would still be too afraid of the unknown to consider separation. Between the general public’s fear of change, FN leaders opposition, and federal interference separation for Alberta is merely a dream

If the present style of leadership continues or escalates you will have two choices ride this province down the drain with the rest of Canada or find options elsewhere. Do to the same fear of change that will prevent separation most will ride Alberta down the drain

With the major push to discredit any UCP candidate possible through petty investigations on comments that might offend a small portion of the population by the media I am wondering if it might result in NDP curse in Alberta. It’s no longer about who will be best for managing the country or province but instead feelings and not offending anyone

Don’t be surprised Alberta votes in the NDP to escalate the nose dive even

If it wasn’t for Covid and my reluctant wife I would likely be taking steps to leave Canada already
Old 04-11-2023, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I’d rather be outdoors View Post
Since we’re soo close to a provincial election, has anyone asked notley what she’d do to protect against a reckless attack on provincial autonomy like this?

Fair game non?

Ah, the lieberals, the gift that just keeps on givin.
Absolutely! Also ask her if she supports the Turd's gun grab and see what her response or lack thereof will be. We already know she supports the carbon tax. But the MSM being what they are, she will get softball questions and avoid it altogether.
Old 04-11-2023, 10:26 AM

I propose a formal debate between Smith and Notley with questions formulated and moderated by Rex Murphy.
Old 04-11-2023, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Blake View Post
I propose a formal debate between Smith and Notley with questions formulated and moderated by Rex Murphy.
Notley wouldn't come within a country mile of that one.
Old 04-11-2023, 11:01 AM

This would be the equivalent of PET and the National Energy policy, a declaration of war on the western provinces.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 04-11-2023, 11:06 AM

This looks like desperate acts by a government in big trouble. Starting little fires all over the place trying to distract Canadians from the huge Blaze that is threatening to burn this corrupt Liberal party to the ground.

First thing they would have to do is reopen the Constitution and get agreements from all the other provincial leaders who are no friends to the Liberals right now.

I suspect there is a better chance of Quebec separating than this has of gaining any traction.
Old 04-11-2023, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
This looks like desperate acts by a government in big trouble. Starting little fires all over the place trying to distract Canadians from the huge Blaze that is threatening to burn this corrupt Liberal party to the ground.

First thing they would have to do is reopen the Constitution and get agreements from all the other provincial leaders who are no friends to the Liberals right now.

I suspect there is a better chance of Quebec separating than this has of gaining any traction.
Exactly.

Distract, Distract, Distract.

We need CISIS to drop another bombshell. I betting their waiting for Johnston's report due May 23. See where that goes.

BW
Old 04-11-2023, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Exactly.

Distract, Distract, Distract.

We need CISIS to drop another bombshell. I betting their waiting for Johnston's report due May 23. See where that goes.

BW
I hope you dont think anything will come of that bought and paid for report.
Turd wants civil war and always has

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 04-11-2023, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Bought and paid for report is correct. And yes Trudeau would like any excuse to invoke the Emergency Act again.
Old 04-11-2023, 12:03 PM

Personally I say bring it on. Let them shut down every form of industry this country can offer and hopefully the rebuilding post that collapse will involve some semblance of a brain
Old 04-11-2023, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
I'm pretty sure the bought and paid for report will show nothing went wrong.

I also believe CISIS won't let them get away with it.

BW
Old 04-11-2023, 12:15 PM

I have to wonder about the timing on this, after we just heard that alberta is swimming in Lithium. The stuff they need for the batteries for their Green Dream. And, that lithium is easily accessible, without pit mining. It's in brine solution in wells that are already drilled. And it must really burn them that it could be another huge windfall for Alberta resource sector.

Lots of stories on it, this is a random pick

https://rbnenergy.com/brine-of-the-c...-and-gas-brine

Lithium extraction could be a boon for Alberta, but it comes with environmental uncertainties
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...nada-1.6656858

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 04-11-2023, 12:25 PM

Of course they only want to control the 3 western provincal resources, not one mention of taking control over the others. Same ole same ole.

As mentioned, the UCP better start pressing Nutley what she thinks of this and what she would do about it.
Old 04-11-2023, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Well now I guess that would have to apply to Quebec Hydro as well.

Someone in the press needs to ask that question to get the sparks flying in the east.
Old 04-11-2023, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I have to wonder about the timing on this, after we just heard that alberta is swimming in Lithium. The stuff they need for the batteries for their Green Dream. And, that lithium is easily accessible, without pit mining. It's in brine solution in wells that are already drilled. And it must really burn them that it could be another huge windfall for Alberta resource sector.

Lots of stories on it, this is a random pick

https://rbnenergy.com/brine-of-the-c...-and-gas-brine

Lithium extraction could be a boon for Alberta, but it comes with environmental uncertainties
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...nada-1.6656858
I'm from Missouri when it comes to the Alberta lithium abundance and the practicality of mining it, a lot of promotion, very little substance to support it. Most of the projects are still at the research state. We apparently have some low grade uranium deposits as well, we're told by promoters who's only interest is to make a buck.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 04-11-2023, 01:52 PM

Lets do the MATH as to why Ottawa wants the Resource Royalties from the Western Provinces.

Alberta Provincial Surplus 2022 - 2023: $12.3 Billion
Saskatchewan Provincial Surplus 2022 - 2023: $1.2 Billion

Gee, what do you think Ottawa could have done with $13.5 Billion Dollars which was mostly from Resource Royalties? (Pi$$ed it away on their buddies of course, all who are in Ontario and Quebec).

When the Oil Sands on the Saskatchewan side are produced, they will have even more oil royalty money than Alberta, AND then there is all the royalty money from the future Potash$$$

And you wonder why Ottawa wants to take it back.

Without big Surplus budgets, Western Provinces really will have to come begging to Ottawa for whatever crumbs they feel like giving us. Of course Ottawa would not have to be embarrassed about Canada's finances if there was no Provincial Governments with big surpluses out west making Ottawa look bad.

Drewski
Old 04-11-2023, 04:34 PM

They've been working on it for awhile. The other trudo brought the NEP in an attempt to nationalize the oil industry as has been done in many other communist states. This version bought Trans mountain with our money and has been hammering the industry in an attempt to reduce the value of it all and then scoop it up. It is time for Alberta to pull the pin on this once great country or at least force quebec to do the same.
Old 04-11-2023, 04:38 PM

The Liberals are saying this crap with a minority government. Do you think Trudeau is worried about ever losing an election? It sure seems like he thinks he can do whatever he wants to us and he’ll never face another election.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 04-11-2023, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
I'm pretty sure the bought and paid for report will show nothing went wrong.

I also believe CISIS won't let them get away with it.

BW
^This, thank God for CISIS. trudeau is heck bent on finding the whistleblower so that nothing else incriminating leaks. Shows where his priorities are.