Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
There’s a few mistakes there hey Torq? Cmon.....
Ya no kidding. I wonder what excuses he told his coworkers about all the other offences.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrapper View Post
Ya no kidding. I wonder what excuses he told his coworkers about all the other offences.
I may be wrong but doesn't he work as a firefighter for the city? If so wouldn’t the city or fire department have something to say about his conviction and guilty plea?

BW
Old 10-16-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
I may be wrong but doesn't he work as a firefighter for the city? If so wouldn’t the city or fire department have something to say about his conviction and guilty plea?

BW
Yes he does. He’s in some local articles as a captain. I’m fairly certain he has saved lives given his chosen career. That I can respect.

Last edited by 1899b; 10-16-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
Or.....

After a flurry of mid day shooting where they knocked down their limit the Labrador Retriever they had sitting on the shore poked a stick through his leg and one guide left to bring him to the vet. The Outfitter headed for his boat to collect the birds but F&W were waiting for him when he got back and said he abandoned the birds ???

Either is just a plausible, but instead let’s just get a rope ?
Roll on roll on......
Old 10-16-2019, 06:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Or.....

After a flurry of mid day shooting where they knocked down their limit the Labrador Retriever they had sitting on the shore poked a stick through his leg and one guide left to bring him to the vet. The Outfitter headed for his boat to collect the birds but F&W were waiting for him when he got back and said he abandoned the birds ???

would you plead guilty to a crime if you had good intentions and had a series of unfortunate events?? I'll help you with that. The answers no. No one would. You also wouldnt have a laundry list of charges thrown at you if you had a series of unfortunate events happen.

Phil plead guilty to the crimes yet we have people defending him and his actions.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
did this guy seriously get a suspension for one of the best and most informative posts in a long time.

this place is dying and full of cucks
Nice to see you are so smart. Can you share with us how you gained the superpowers that allow you to read PMs???

For all of you guys who go bashing the site, feel free to leave. Like really. Do us all a favor and just go. There are over 70K members and the site is doing just fine thank you. It really won't die without you. No one is that important. Mods come and mods go, but unless you serve in that role, as Cat has said, you really have no clue at all why someone is suspended or banned. So don't add your ignorant play by play concerning something you know nothing about. If you really feel deeply about a suspension you see, shoot any mod a PM.

Best carefully consider responding if you fall into this group, as you may get helped along on your journey to the next forum you will whine on.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:55 PM

Default Stop the insults

Time to stop the insults. We have had to do a month's worth of modding on this thread.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:23 PM

What an absolute joke of a punishment, really deters all the other idiots out there doing the same crap.

Should never be allowed to hunt again, major community service hours, forfeit of all hunting equipment including guns would be a nice start.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
A bit of a stretch to make this comparison but here it is right out of the good book.

“When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”
John 8,(7).

A lot of holier then thou members talking like they’ve never done anything wrong and never made any dumb mistakes.

Just sayin
Agreed.

Big difference when you will get a better tip/paid to do wrong things. Those people are called criminals.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Time to stop the insults. We have had to do a month's worth of modding on this thread.
I feel for you and the other moderators. Thanks for your efforts and also for allowing members to converse a bit.

I was going to make popcorn before I read the whole thread. I wonder when the movie will be released?
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 10-16-2019, 08:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
I’m not taking sides
But word from his co workers is that he was going back to get his Jon boat to retrieve them. Might change perspective a little. Who knows if it’s true or not?
I call bullshat!! Your going duck hunting and you know that ducks are on water and your not prepared to retrieve the ducks that you know may come down on the water when shot. That's kinda like going hunting without a knife. "I shot the deer and left it, but I was going to come back with the knife the gut it". Yup that changes the perspective a little.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Appreciate the efforts in keeping this open.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Or.....

I was having a drink the other night in the local pub when Scarlett Johansson walked in and sat down right beside me. She took my hand in hers, looked deep into my eyes and said, " I want you to take me back to my hotel and &%$÷ &$% $%*+ &€% *$ me.

More plausible than your fairy tale.

Has this guy got pics of you and a goat?
Old 10-16-2019, 10:32 PM

This would have made a good episode of North Woods Law.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:28 AM

I wonder if they took his trapline away as well if he was charged with shipping furs to the states?
Old 10-17-2019, 07:34 AM

Does anyone have an idea or estimate of what they think his attorney costs would have added up to? Maybe $10K, I'm thinking? I have no idea, just wondering.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Or.....

Philip Cahoon faces 34 charges for alleged offences committed between April 4, 2018, and Oct. 12, 2018.

took him that long to get the jon boat?
Old 10-17-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alder View Post
Does anyone have an idea or estimate of what they think his attorney costs would have added up to? Maybe $10K, I'm thinking? I have no idea, just wondering.
I’d say at least double that. Probably more.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alder View Post
It could be way more than that, $10k could just be the retainer for something that got drug out this long depending on his lawyer.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 10-17-2019, 08:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post

I was having a drink the other night in the local pub when Scarlett Johansson walked in and sat down right beside me. She took my hand in hers, looked deep into my eyes and said, " I want you to take me back to my hotel and &%$÷ &$% $%*+ &€% *$ me.

So........ what did you tell her???
Old 10-17-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
It could be way more than that, $10k could just be the retainer for something that got drug out this long depending on his lawyer.
Of course the multiple delays so that he could hunt sheep before he was suspended would have increased the legal costs.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:34 AM

When I got told of this post by another member, I immediately said, the theme would go like this:
Fines too small.
Life time ban.
Public flogging.
Take everything including his kids.

AO never fails to disappoint.

Glad to see Phil get his day in court, glad to see some legal action in the matters. The rest I have no control over.

Gotta go spot birds......

There are no absolutes
Old 10-17-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Of course the multiple delays so that he could hunt sheep before he was suspended would have increased the legal costs.
Do you think somebody that has killed 8 rams would pay extra to prolong a court case so they could go kill a 9th one ?

Asking for a friend 😉
Old 10-17-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Do you think somebody that has killed 8 rams would pay extra to prolong a court case so they could go kill a 9th one ?

Asking for a friend 😉
Given his convictions, and the charges that were plead down, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. What explanation do you have for him delaying the court appearances until after his sheep hunt? He won't be eligible to kill a ram next year even without the suspension,so the reality of this, is that given that the season will still be open in two years, he won't miss a single sheep season.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:43 AM
Banned

Quote:

Asking for a friend 😉

Birds of a feather flock together?
Old 10-17-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post

Oh I didn’t say that’s what happened, I was just offering up an alternate equally plausible story.
Just because you have blind hate for a man you don’t know, doesn’t make this a fairytale.

I guess it would have been just easier to join in on the hate instead of looking at the situation objectively. Oh well, carry on
Old 10-17-2019, 08:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Birds of a feather flock together?
I too am asking for a friend.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Given his convictions, and the charges that were plead down, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. What explanation do you have for him delaying the court appearances until after his sheep hunt? He won't be eligible to kill a ram next year even without the suspension,so the reality of this, is that given that the season will still be open in two years, he won't miss a single sheep season.
I’ve never been in court other then over a traffic ticket so I’m not entirely sure of the process for delaying trials or plea bargains. I kind of thought when the prosecutor decided it was time to make a deal that’s when things happened, not when you decided ?
Phil is far from a wealthy man, he’s a public servant with the city of Edmonton. I can’t imagine just throwing out extra cash so he could kill one more mutton before losing a license for 2 years ?
Old 10-17-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I’ve never been in court other then over a traffic ticket so I’m not entirely sure of the process for delaying trials or plea bargains. I kind of thought when the prosecutor decided it was time to make a deal that’s when things happened, not when you decided ?
Phil is far from a wealthy man, he’s a public servant with the city of Edmonton. I can’t imagine just throwing out extra cash so he could kill one more mutton before losing a license for 2 years ?
The extra legal fees to delay long enough to kill a bighorn, is likely a lot less than it cost him for his overseas hunts.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:

I would say he is wealthy man judging by all of his overseas hunts and the amount of hunting he was able to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread