Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-03-2019, 09:59 PM

Default Your C-71 purchase

What was your C-71 purchase?

I put a little money on an Armalite M15 (wife still don’t know ...ssshhh)
Old 06-03-2019, 10:01 PM

Well, I bought a 6'' Colt Anconda I had sold to a friend, and he was kind enough to offer it back to me first when he decided to sell it....I always regretted selling that one, so glad I could share it and get it back.

I would have bought a new one, but Colt says they are all on backorder! ;-)

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-03-2019, 10:16 PM

A Sig MPX 16” barrel from Cabela’s: $1599 down from $2099 and I had half of that in gift cards from credit card rewards. Only cost me $880 of actual money + the tax
Old 06-03-2019, 10:18 PM

I was wondering how you made out on that Sig. I tried to get it online after you brought it up but it was an in-store item only. Not worth the drive for me. Glad you got it!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 06-03-2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Well, I bought a 6'' Colt Anconda I had sold to a friend, and he was kind enough to offer it back to me first when he decided to sell it....I always regretted selling that one, so glad I could share it and get it back.
Hey, didn’t I sell that to you before you sold it to him??
Old 06-03-2019, 10:20 PM

AR 15: Bushmaster XM15-E2S with a coupla mags and a small case of ammo. I already had a stripped lower but was afraid that might not cut it in the future feared environment.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Hey, didn’t I sell that to you before you sold it to him??
Maybe you did....how much did you want it back, hmmmm?

Old 06-04-2019, 07:00 AM

Trying to find a stripped lower for the wife, but may just get another AR. She still doesn’t think she needs one. Trying to make her understand that that wasn’t the point.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:14 AM

Thinking about going and buying a BCL 102 today. I was curious when does that bill start effect or is it started from the day it was voted in?
Old 06-04-2019, 08:09 AM

Good variety of strippeds here

https://www.irunguns.com/lower-recei...ower-receivers
Old 06-04-2019, 08:13 AM
Banned

Star f22 pistol from the 60s mint in box
Beretta 71 jaguar stainless, former mossad issue
Old 06-04-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Maybe you did....how much did you want it back, hmmmm?

Dang it, thought I had you hoodwinked and then you had to go and be all smart!
Old 06-04-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck 7 View Post
Thinking about going and buying a BCL 102 today. I was curious when does that bill start effect or is it started from the day it was voted in?
The bill itself doesn't include any specific bans or reclassifications, but it gives them the ability to do so without any political oversight so the gov't can basically impose any changes they want on a whim. They haven't announced any yet though so until then its business as usual. People have been worried that such changes will be announced today so that's been driving the buying spree.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:58 AM

Guns ? What guns? I don’t have any guns! Whatever I have identifies itself as a fishing rod....
Old 06-04-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Guns ? What guns? I don’t have any guns! Whatever I have identifies itself as a fishing rod....
Congratulations, you just won the internet today.

That was hilarious!
Old 06-04-2019, 11:16 AM

If I had a little more disposable income right now, I'd like to buy a pistol caliber carbine like the new Ruger, or if I had a few more bucks the CZ Scorpion (non-restricted version). As it is now, I only bought more reloading components lol.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:58 AM

An AR about 6 months after the last federal election and a pistol about a year and a half ago
Old 06-04-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
If I had a little more disposable income right now, I'd like to buy a pistol caliber carbine like the new Ruger, or if I had a few more bucks the CZ Scorpion (non-restricted version). As it is now, I only bought more reloading components lol.
That Scorpion EVO looks pretty sweet dunnit. I transferred a pistol to my wife and bought a new Glock and an AR upper/lower because eff you gun bans.
Old 06-04-2019, 02:12 PM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
... People have been worried that such changes will be announced today so that's been driving the buying spree.
Pierre's Idiot Child made NO mention of firearms at the Woman's Conference he is leading (by example?) nor during the follow-up. Guess that's off the table for today anyway...

In keeping with the thread:

Colt M-4 Accurized Law Enforcement Model:

And of course an "extra" AR-15 Complete Lower.

And of course a full stable of Colt 1911's, Big Frame Rugers etc already on hand.

Happy Happy Happy La!

Cheers,
Nog
Old 06-04-2019, 02:15 PM

I bought a Big Mac ... in high volume they can be quite dangerous
Old 06-04-2019, 04:43 PM

Smile

yikes with all them ""bad criminals""buying ASSAULT RIFLES..AR-15s just lately
its going to swamp the RCMP...lol
but what the hell,its the govern fault..haha..it looks like there schemeing plan
to disarm law abiding firearms owners has back fired...

well i panicked a bit too,i got me self a smith/wesson 686-.357..you just never know..the more we buy is going to cause a headache for the powers above..
Old 06-04-2019, 06:30 PM

Nothing dropped by the gov't as of this time today, but we know all to well that Bill Blair has been up to no good on the matter for quite a while now so peoples concerns are certainly valid. Even if no ban is dropped in the next month or two then I'm still happy as I got myself a very good deal on something I wanted anyway. I'd hate to be panic-buying a cruddy firearm just to be grandfathered and then suffering buyers remorse.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post

Well played!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2019, 07:55 PM

Buying a firearm is never a wrong thing so hopefully those who succumbed to the “buy now” panic were going to make the purchase anyways. How did so many get the certainty of impending bans so wrong?
Old 06-04-2019, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
Buying a firearm is never a wrong thing so hopefully those who succumbed to the “buy now” panic were going to make the purchase anyways. How did so many get the certainty of impending bans so wrong?
I don't see it as being particularly wrong as there was a lot to support the rumor. The gov't doggedly pursued and instituted C-71, they had Blair on consultations that barely allotted any time for the invitees to speak on the mater and present their cases. The expected date was presented by independent MP Tony Clement in writing so it had a definite source in gov't whose information should have more credibility than Joe Blow from the diner. Perhaps Clement was fed the info as a ruse? Who knows? One thing for sure is that the Liberals would not go to such an extent to get a bill passed and then not follow through with using their newly minted powers. They have a goal, that is certain. When they do something with it will likely fall closer to the election to serve as a distraction from SNC and Mark Norman.

One cool aspect of the recent buying frenzy is that the vendors who opt to restock will have some nice new product to select from because a lot of their shelf-warmers got cleared out. I spoke with one vendor who was concerned that his large order of high-end Noveske AR-15's was still in transit last week. I'm not sure if those arrived yet but I hope he finds buyers for those too.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 06-04-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:47 PM

Might get me a time out or banned....But.. Lieberal = Lying sack of something left behind by a mammal. Something is coming.. The Turd/Blair and friends(slimy weasels] have planned. It will all come out before the Lieberal erection.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 06-04-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
Pierre's Idiot Child made NO mention of firearms at the Woman's Conference he is leading (by example?) nor during the follow-up. Guess that's off the table for today anyway...

In keeping with the thread:

Colt M-4 Accurized Law Enforcement Model:

And of course an "extra" AR-15 Complete Lower.

And of course a full stable of Colt 1911's, Big Frame Rugers etc already on hand.

Happy Happy Happy La!

Cheers,
Nog
That thing looks sick Nog ! Congrats

For me - Glock 48 ..... gave in finally to a hammerless pistol . Upgraded / ameriglo sights
Old 06-04-2019, 09:03 PM

Bloody heck, the thing is another $50 off!! If anyone has a friend in Winnipeg tell them to go scoop up this rig! I'm gonna bug them for that extra $50 off when I go to pick it up, they still have possession of it after all.

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/10755...utomatic-rifle.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:49 AM

My first restricted, a CZ SP-01 Phantom, still on the fence about buying an AR.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:02 AM

A little different angle I sold two safe queens during the frenzy.

Socks had his parade rained on, the leak spoiled his chance at thrilling 7,000 woman to massage his ego although I don't think Blair's through with us yet.