Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-04-2019, 08:44 AM

Default Crimson Trace from Montana

Is it legal to bring back a Crimson Trace Lasergaurd from Montana? They are sold in Canada so I am thinking it is.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupert View Post
Is it legal to bring back a Crimson Trace Lasergaurd from Montana? They are sold in Canada so I am thinking it is.
When it comes to accessory items there are some that are covered under US export legislation, I would check with authorities from both sides of the border to ensure compliance. You might be fixated on Canadian import law and not even considering US export law. For Crimson Trace grips my gut feeling is they’d be OK, but I’d get the info from border personnel and would keep documentation.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:21 AM

just ask at the usa border when crossing. don't use what's sold in Canada as a measure of what's legal.
you can buy a gun scope anywhere in Canada also, but don't get caught in usa with one in your possession.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:40 PM

Default Dont think so

I believe a laser sight is considered a weapons sight, like a scope. Was told that Montana Hunting shop, but a laser range finder was ok as it was not designed to be attached to a firearm as a sightz
Old 07-04-2019, 07:07 PM

Thanks for the replies. The best thing will be to ask at the border.
Old 07-04-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupert View Post
Thanks for the replies. The best thing will be to ask at the border.
And not the Canadian border, better to inquire with Homeland Security.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
I believe a laser sight is considered a weapons sight, like a scope. Was told that Montana Hunting shop, but a laser range finder was ok as it was not designed to be attached to a firearm as a sightz
I love how everyone always talks about the idiots at the gun counter at various gun stores don’t know anything then you qualify your advice with I asked a gun shop guy in Montana who said.... news flash 90% of people working in gun shops don’t know much no matter which side of the border your on.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
I love how everyone always talks about the idiots at the gun counter at various gun stores don’t know anything then you qualify your advice with I asked a gun shop guy in Montana who said.... news flash 90% of people working in gun shops don’t know much no matter which side of the border your on.
90% of ‘muricans couldn’t tell you what province Calgary is in let alone have any useful knowledge of cross border import laws.
Old 07-05-2019, 08:48 AM

Looked online on CBSA. It's not worth the trouble. Even some of those laser pen's are inadmissible. All it would take is one dink in a bad mood at the border and they could confiscate it.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:19 AM

I checked on some items and they were admissible by Canadian border but not able to export by homeland security. So I guess you just have to do your homework on the product you want to import.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:48 PM

Default Thanks for the input

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Well that was helpfull, thanks for bettering the thread with your smart mouth.
I spend a fair amount of time in US gun shops, and if you walked in with that BullS... elitist Canadian attitude youd learn nothing. People in here lately, sure arent about helping others.
Aren’t you from Montana and could have offered something worthy, lol.

Last edited by Full Curl Earl; 07-05-2019 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Add