Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-16-2017, 12:06 PM
Banned

Default MOA Rifles?

Anyone have any experience with these Rifles?
Old 07-16-2017, 04:20 PM

I've heard their very accurate.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:50 PM
Banned

I see they make an Extreme Summit that weighs right around 6lbs.

Do you know about the action and trigger? Is it a modified 700 action? Mauser style? Do they have a 3 position safety?
Old 07-16-2017, 05:18 PM

Default Moa

Basically a model 700 action with minor differences. The base model (evolution) comes with a timney trigger and BDL bottom metal however with the extreme you get a jewel trigger and they machine their own bottom metal out of aluminum I think. Some good video on you tube explaining their different options.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:32 PM

Not sure how much this really matters with hunting level accuracy, but if action stiffness correlates with accuracy, the long actions may be a bit more susceptible to flex....based on a look at the actions from the bottom side. Side by side, it is plain to see the bridge between the magazine cut-out and the trigger cut-out on the long actions is very small.
I would also be interested in knowing the bolt's radial clearance on lock-up spec but didn't see it on the website.
Old 07-16-2017, 06:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlgY3oa8w_M
Old 07-17-2017, 09:23 AM

We have one here at the shop in .338 Lapua that came in recently. I had honestly not heard of the brand until this thing showed up here but the quality seems to be excellent all around.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:09 AM

Another interesting looking rifle and after reading the REALLY small print they DO come in left hand.

Last edited by Dean2; 07-17-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by madball View Post
We have one here at the shop in .338 Lapua that came in recently. I had honestly not heard of the brand until this thing showed up here but the quality seems to be excellent all around.
Thanks, that's good to know!

What is the MSRP on those rifles by the time they make it to Canadian Dealers?
Old 07-17-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Thanks, that's good to know!

What is the MSRP on those rifles by the time they make it to Canadian Dealers?
We have an Extreme Sporter here. Based on todays fx you'd be looking at about $7300 to start. The one we have here has a Nightforce scope, Rugged Ridge bi-pod and rear support and a few boxes of ammo for $9,999.

And just to clarify, we are not an MOA dealer. This is a brand new gun, but it is here on consignment.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
We have an Extreme Sporter here. Based on todays fx you'd be looking at about $7300 to start. The one we have here has a Nightforce scope, Rugged Ridge bi-pod and rear support and a few boxes of ammo for $9,999.

And just to clarify, we are not an MOA dealer. This is a brand new gun, but it is here on consignment.
Practically giving them away.....

I doubt the Extreme Summit would be much cheaper. They do look like a pretty nice platform though.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:21 PM

Wow! People think Ultra Light Arms are expensive, you can order three from Melvin for the price of one MOA. Think I will have one custom built here by one of our top notch smiths like Karl or Bob.

Madball - wish you luck selling those. Sure there are at least a few people willing to step up for one. I know Corlane's sells an unbelievable number of LR rigs priced at $7000 and up.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Wow! People think Ultra Light Arms are expensive, you can order three from Melvin for the price of one MOA. Think I will have one custom built here by one of our top notch smiths like Karl or Bob.

Madball - wish you luck selling those. Sure there are at least a few people willing to step up for one. I know Corlane's sells an unbelievable number of LR rigs priced at $7000 and up.
We just ended up with the one actually. Based on MSRP on all the components $10,000 is actually a smoking deal. But it's still $10k and thats a lot to drop on a gun. We'll see what happens, its one hell of a rig!
Old 07-20-2017, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:

Beauty!