Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-30-2017, 07:55 PM

Default Anyone Thinking of Open Water Season Yet?

I was sitting there contemplating if I am ready for the open water season yet. Then I remembered how more bad and unusual things happen to me during the open water season.

Start spitting out the stories of misfortune people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USe9NNvjreI
Old 01-30-2017, 08:43 PM

Haha. I remember fishing for rainbows in Kamloops. I was fishing from shore on a big boulder with my wife sitting on the bank catching some rays. Fish on! After playing out the fish I walk down the sloping rock to release the fish. I was having a bit of trouble getting the hook out so I shifted position and stepped on some slick algae. Splash! In I go. I'm not letting my rod sink so here I am trying to get back on this rock, rod in hand and fully clothed. The wife is just howling laughing at me and at the same time trying to help. Managed to get back on the rock but not without soaking my wallet and cell phone. Oh well, still had the fish on the line.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:10 PM

Now i'm really thinking of the open water season. I remember my buddy catching a pike and he was holding it up while i grabbed my phone and he took a step back as it tried to wiggle free and down him and the fish went off the dock!