Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-15-2015, 11:02 AM

Default What is your trad setup?

With spring around the corner, its time to ramp up my shooting. This will be my first year hunting with stick and string, and was wondering what other members using for bows, arrows and quivers.

My number one setup is a 59' Kodiak reproduction, 55#@28 with a thunderhorn boa. Driving CX Heritage 350's, RW 5.5" feathers and a 250gr 2 blade BH.

Number 2: Bear Black Bear Hunter 50#@28, backquiver, spruce shafts, RW 5.5" feathers and a 125gr Zwickey.

PS: I wouldn't be posting this if it wasn't for the generosity of another fine AO member, and advice of a great hunting community. So Thank you to all that have helped along the way.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:33 PM

Default My setup

I have the same setup as you but in 45#, just got a Selway quiver for it because I find the bow a bit to light. Also have a Bear takedown @ 43# and a Bob Lee "Smoke" 47# and 38# limbs I just put up for sale(just the 38#limbs)
I have a brand new Chek mate Falcon 42# and a StampRiver longbow @43#
Also have a Caribow Wolverine longbow @ 44# and tomorrow I will have a Caribow Peregrine longbow @51#, can't wait to shoot that one.
Bye the way I was a hard core compound guy the past 4 or 5 years and last October I got a recurve bow and fell in love with the simplicity and spirit of traditional archery. About 4 or 5 weeks ago I decided to sell all my compound gear and there was a lot. I reinvested the money I made on traditional archery equipment and could not be happier. Cheers Roscoe
Old 03-16-2015, 08:17 AM

Great pic...gotta pick up the stick and get at it....

Neil
Old 03-21-2015, 07:34 PM

My go to stick is a 50# checkmate Beaver Creek with heritage 90's and muzzy broadheads. My #2 bow is a beautiful bamboo backed Osage orange 50# self bow I got from Pete W. I use cedar arrows and Bodkin 3 blade broadheads. I do have some Ramin wood shafts I have Fletched with home cut turkey Fletch and homemade tradepoints I'm going to try on a doe this year.