Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 12-27-2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcbarker View Post
polaris indy voyageur 155 track
This one
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 12-27-2014, 11:15 PM

Here is a review on the Voyager I copied from another site. Sounds like its geared to high and is to wide for trapping. Another thing to consider is resale value. If you look on Kijiji, no other sled holds a candle to a Tundra on resale value, wether its 5 years old or 15. The old Tundra R's are going almost what they were new.

Ok picked up the Voyageur Thursday and had a friend come with me to do some scouting Sat. We put it through the paces of every type of terrain you can find In Upper Michigan. Started off deep fluffy snow than the temps warmed up and the snow turned to mashed potatoes . With some higher speed 20-35mph logging roads to 5mph crawling through cedar swamps and tag elder for a mile or so at a time. First impression was that its very fast, much faster than my 2015 Tundra ace LT. In a drag race the Tundra is 10 sleds lengths behind. But the voyageur struggles at low speed and the belt will slip easy, Its much louder and smelly but that was expected. The ride position is more comfy when your sitting than the tundra, and is much more stable than the tundra . I don't like stable, I like tippy because I like to turn sharp. Stable is for beginners. I think the low speed cure for the Voyageur will be going down 2 teeth on the top sprocket. Should help it crawl. The hand warmer control and break lever are out dated and were used in the late 90s. The skis are awesome on the voyageur. There is not a doubt in my mind that the tundra will pull more weight. If the voyageur was narrower and had a 600ace, it would be a great sled. If any one is near Wakefield MI and wants to try either one feel free to get a hold of me. Prob gonna be selling the voyageur soon if the gearing doesn't cure the low speed lack of power.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:36 AM

Thanks for the heads up.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 12-28-2014, 09:27 PM

X2 on the VK540. Great trapping sled.