Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-09-2020, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-tests-canada/

As of September 6, 2020, there had been 131,895 confirmed coronavirus cases and 9,145 deaths from the disease in Canada. Over 5.7 million people had been tested for COVID-19 infection.

Your numbers are incorrect for a discussion.

It is 5.7 million infected. 9145 deaths.

Unless you are looking at it purely selfishly and don’t fall into a higher risk group and therefore care less about others.

Freedom55 potentially falls into a risk category. He is an outdoorsman. Should we care less about him under your premise?
The government of Alberta stated clearly that due to serology testing, the actual number of those infected should be multiplied by 6.5 to accurately represent the number of Albertans who have had the virus.
I'm going to admittedly assume here, that the rest of Canada will be similar in number of actual cases.

Still a very serious virus, but the low rate of death/serious illness doesn't warrant the risks that come with a VERY premature vaccine (if one is ever available).
For those reasons, I still won't be getting the vaccine.
Maybe after it's been around for a couple decades, and if one of the other million potential causes of death hasn't got me first...
Old 09-09-2020, 07:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
The government of Alberta stated clearly that due to serology testing, the actual number of those infected should be multiplied by 6.5 to accurately represent the number of Albertans who have had the virus.
I'm going to admittedly assume here, that the rest of Canada will be similar in number of actual cases.

Still a very serious virus, but the low rate of death/serious illness doesn't warrant the risks that come with a VERY premature vaccine (if one is ever available).
Maybe after it's been around for a couple decades, and if one of the other million potential causes of death hasn't got me first...

Not to mention that of those “Covid deaths”, how Many of them are “man falls out of airplane and autopsy found Covid 19 in his blood, died of Covid.”?
Old 09-09-2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Not to mention that of those “Covid deaths”, how Many of them are “man falls out of airplane and autopsy found Covid 19 in his blood, died of Covid.”?
Broken record.

More unsubstantiated paranoid conspiracy theories.

Sigh.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-09-2020, 02:05 PM

Quote:

Totally. No one is suggesting the actual number of infections should be based solely on testing.

Same goes for comparing Covid19 to the flu.

The flu flies through the country. Many more have it than are tested. And Covid19 deaths are far higher than the flu and the flu and Covid deaths are tracked the same.

In this instance Covid19 transmission rates were significantly reduced by masks and social distancing.

Now as people have learned to be cognizant of the benefits the country is opening up.

Where we will fail is when people ignore the facts and rely on conspiracy theories. Then the result is we regress.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-09-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Spain and Italy admitted that early on they were transferring they're covid patients to seniors homes as hospitals became full. Hence the ridiculously high mortality...Their health system killed them.
My family there (numbering over 60) have zero cases among them and hardly know anyone that has caught the virus. Keep in mind that those countries are also victim to the "yes he fell off a cliff and died, but he had covid" way of counting.

Also, New York, Spain, and Italy all had the early stages of the virus, which has been proven over and over again to be much more deadly than what we are facing in Canada today.
And now why is it increasing again in Spain?

And there is no credible source to say that somehow the New York Covid19 is less deadly than Canada’s Covid

And if one suggests a sudden strain formed and case into Canada from all different international travelers...then you should be extra worried that a harsher strain could now come.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Stories like that are cooked up from family members that don't understand the explanation of their relative passing. It's not unusual, as many have very little understanding.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:02 PM

Not currently considering a vaccine, especially through a fast-tracked process. Will be going the old fashioned route of eating healthy, staying even moderately active, getting a decent sleep, good hygiene/sanitation, avoiding crowds etc. Anything that I can do to keep my immune system strong.

Most that have had severe COVID issues have typically been extremely unhealthy. This may have stemmed from genetic issues beyond their control, badly abusing and neglecting their bodies over the years (booze/prescription&illegal drugs/smoking/inactivity/unhealthy diets), having pre-existing conditions that they were unaware of, or they simply had wore out bodies due to age, hard work and crappy environmental conditions over the years. For these people I do my best to help prevent them from getting any sicker, but most are already sick and are never going to get better. I treat these people with exactly the same common sense as I did before. I'm less concerned about them dying than I am of them being neglected or abused.

Oh, and most importantly, not worrying myself sicker than COVID is likely to make me. Stress and worry do not make for a healthy body. I have found that in the last few months avoiding watching/reading the news on a daily basis has done wonders for my overall well being.

Last edited by HVA7mm; 09-09-2020 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Broken record.

Sigh.
Broken record alright...

What kind of proof can I give you? I can have the woman’s spouse come tell you to your face but you’ll call him a liar because the Chinese lady on the news told you how to think.

I’ll ask you again, do you personally know anyone who has contracted covid?
Old 09-09-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
And now why is it increasing again in Spain?

And there is no credible source to say that somehow the New York Covid19 is less deadly than Canada’s Covid

And if one suggests a sudden strain formed and case into Canada from all different international travelers...then you should be extra worried that a harsher strain could now come.
Cases in Spain are increasing. Therefore death rate will also increase. But their graph doesn't look much different than any other country's?
I don't know anyone living there currently so can't give anymore info than that.

I know the Googlefu is strong in you, so I'll avoid filling this thread about vaccines, with links that I already posted in the locked Covid thread.

But honestly, one needs only to look at graphs showing cases vs deaths to see how this virus is starting to kill less of the people that it infects.
Canada never had the high percentages (cases vs deaths) that the places you listed had.

And it's not a sudden strain that forms, it's a mutated form. It is pretty common knowledge in the medical field that when a nasty little virus like this one mutates, it's a good thing.
Why the media is running around scaring everyone with the mutated thing is beyond me.
Or maybe they're saying it as a good thing and people hear "mutated" and automatically think it's bad?
I don't know what to think anymore.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Broken record.

Sigh.
Look at the CDC report, one of the co-morbidities is intentional and unintentional injuries.

Can't speak to a guy falling out of a plane, but a death cause by intentional injury sounds like suicide to my ears.
Old 09-09-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Broken record.

Sigh.
Incorrect.
My best friends father died of a massive heart attack, was listed as a covid death. As have been many, and many have come out and spoken up that if you die, and test positive then it is counted as a covid death.
Even the Government of Ontario has admitted that they have boosted numbers as they believe that it will make up for the unreported cases??
Old 09-09-2020, 04:50 PM

Default RNA vs Traditional

Depends what vaccine, I'm usually all for new technology but I don't feel comfortable taking an RNA vaccine that directly codes for the production of proteins to destroy pathogens. I blame Prions like CWD or CJD for my paranoia, misfolded proteins are nasty.

I think I'll choose a traditional vaccine that contains an inactivated form of COVID and let my own immune system build the needed antigen proteins.

Maybe I'm crazy but these are things I think about.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:23 PM
Banned

81 year old man had pneumonia, blood clots in his lungs and Covid 19 and survived. He was the first Covid patient in the glenrose. Some may not want to hear that though, it don’t fit the scare tactic.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
81 year old man had pneumonia, blood clots in his lungs and Covid 19 and survived. He was the first Covid patient in the glenrose. Some may not want to hear that though, it don’t fit the scare tactic.
Pneumonia with associated emboli and that's supposed to make people feel good? There's a lot worse things than dying......

Last edited by Scott h; 09-09-2020 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeelmer View Post
Incorrect.
My best friends father died of a massive heart attack, was listed as a covid death. As have been many, and many have come out and spoken up that if you die, and test positive then it is counted as a covid death.
Even the Government of Ontario has admitted that they have boosted numbers as they believe that it will make up for the unreported cases??
A quick little FYI for you. Covid has turned out to be a massive cause of blood clots. When one of those clots are in a cardiac vessel you end depriving that muscle, the heart, of blood and it dies. That is a heart attack......
Old 09-09-2020, 06:52 PM
Banned

I heard one of the vaccines in final trials was put on hold. Apparently someone got sick but it didn’t give much detail in regards to wether it was related to the vaccine. Hopefully they find something that works real well for everyone.

I had a strange event happen today that was out of my character. I had a panic attack in a store today. I was wearing a mask and protecting myself and others and for some reason I started panicking 😂 it’s been a while since I’ve been in a store. I’m not one to shy away from anything or anyone but yeh, strange.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
Pneumonia with associated emboli and that's supposed to make people feel good? There's a lot worse things than dying......
Worse than dying???? LOL! I suggest you go talk to the man who was just gardening on the news and tell him he would be better off dead because I don’t think he got the memo.
Old 09-09-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Worse than dying???? LOL! I suggest you go talk to the man who was just gardening on the news and tell him he would be better off dead because I don’t think he got the memo.
Me thinks he's getting some kind of weird kick from all this. Strange indeed (constantly trying to incite fear)
Old 09-09-2020, 07:49 PM

I won’t get it. Probably make a person sterile, didn’t Bill Gates want to cull the herd anyway?
Old 09-09-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.w.l View Post
I won’t get it. Probably make a person sterile, didn’t Bill Gates want to cull the herd anyway?
Only the herds that can’t afford a laptop loaded with windows 10
Old 09-09-2020, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I guess you haven't looked after many patients over 80, with pulmonary embolus and pneumonia. There's an extremely high chance that he'll be back in hospital in the very near future. Hopefully he's had a chance to get his affairs in order and talked about his DNR status.....
Old 09-09-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
I guess you haven't looked after many patients over 80, with pulmonary embolus and pneumonia. There's an extremely high chance that he'll be back in hospital in the very near future. Hopefully he's had a chance to get his affairs in order and talked about his DNR status.....
Ain’t you just a little ray of sunshine tonight lol
Old 09-09-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I wish that all of the closed COVID related threads on this forum had a DNR order.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Ain’t you just a little ray of sunshine tonight lol
Wow! No kidding.

In your profession Scott, are you allowed to speak to patients?
Because if you are, I suggest that you don't.

Sorry for the derail, but wow. Some people...
Old 09-10-2020, 12:07 AM

With the latest revelation by Trump today in his interviews with Bob Woodward that he knew how dangerous Covid 19 was in January of this year. He made the decision to drag his feet for his own selfish and narcissistic reasons on how much dangerous this virus was than the typical flu. "That it was airborne, that masks could make a difference, and that social distancing could also make a big difference. Medical experts in the US have now estimated that if some of these rudimentary procedures would have been put in place tens of thousands of peoples lives would have been saved. In my opinion it is criminal and the ultimate betrayal to the American people. In Canada we have been affected by this misinformation not only from a health point, but countless others have lost their jobs or been affected by this financially. A vaccine would be great, but we have the tools to deal with Covid 19 right now, lets use them.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
And all these complications can arise from any chest infection not just Covid19. Also many people slowly recover from these complications without further hospitalization. The % of the population walking around with some level of scare tissue in their lungs from some form of respiratory infection is likely fairly high. Pneumonia is actually a serious problem for elderly when they contract a respiratory infection and fairly common.

This is not a new phenomena or unique to Covid19. Definitely can impact your lung complicity, it can effect your life long term, and yes could result in death but in most cases no.

But hey we are all going to die I get it lol
Old 09-10-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
With the latest revelation by Trump today in his interviews with Bob Woodward that he knew how dangerous Covid 19 was in January of this year. He made the decision to drag his feet for his own selfish and narcissistic reasons on how much dangerous this virus was than the typical flu. "That it was airborne, that masks could make a difference, and that social distancing could also make a big difference. Medical experts in the US have now estimated that if some of these rudimentary procedures would have been put in place tens of thousands of peoples lives would have been saved. In my opinion it is criminal and the ultimate betrayal to the American people. In Canada we have been affected by this misinformation not only from a health point, but countless others have lost their jobs or been affected by this financially. A vaccine would be great, but we have the tools to deal with Covid 19 right now, lets use them.
TDS^^ ...
And from the lips from a fraud for a 'Health Authority',
How is this vid any different than Trump's message for 'Back then info' ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xSbTSfIYyU
Old 09-10-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulrich View Post
Look at the CDC report, one of the co-morbidities is intentional and unintentional injuries.

Can't speak to a guy falling out of a plane, but a death cause by intentional injury sounds like suicide to my ears.
Read up more. What they are saying is any serious injury that causes hospitalization is a strain on your body. Then if you get Covid, your body is weakened and Covid kills you even though without Covid you would of lived.

Good try though. I laughed hard at that one.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeelmer View Post
Incorrect.
Another heresay does not make a story. There is a psychological fact that people hear something and the story morphs as it spreads from one to another.

You are false.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:23 AM

Default Covid opinion based upon the spread of Donald Trump’s influence?

When one tracks the spread of things such as

“Covid19 isn’t so bad”
“It’s just like the flu”
“Not deadly”
“Doesn’t spread by air”...

Well...Trump was caught on video stating he knew the opposite and lied to the public...”to not create a panic” and to “save money on buying PPE”.

So now...the leader of the free world and king of conspiracies...now falls clearly on the side of...

Covid19 is far deadlier than the Flu
Is really, really bad.
Spread easily
And people knowing the facts would panic.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tlavCxtccEc

And he supports getting the flu shot when it comes.

On top of that he gets tested daily.
All his staff get tested daily
Anyone he meets must get tested beforehand

Interesting days.